When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Fiddy Straps

Victoria

I just got my last PAM, the Fiddy. Now the question is, what am I going to do for straps? I can't use the 24mm for the 26mm lugs, but there's no way I will be spending all that money all over again for straps for just one piece.

So, question:

I think someone told me that there is a "converter" or some gadget that one can use to be able to wear 24mm straps on the gigantesque Fiddy. True or false? Link, if true?

Does anyone have a Fiddy and a 24mm strap that they can post together here, so I can get a visual of how awful that combination would look? TIA! :wounded1:

Hi V,

I am afraid that any 24mm strap would look pathetically undersized on a Fiddy.

30% of the beauty of a Fiddy is its 26/26 strap with a large pre-V buckle.

Even if you manage to find that adapter, my bet is that you will get bored of it and buy a 26mm strap within a week.

...But were you that girl who was dubious about wearing a 47mm watch? :D

the question is.... is bigger better ..... ???

I ordered a watch boys alligator strap a while back and got a hide that was low end ... Kurt exchanged it and ... yes it was the Bomb....!!!

wide sections and thicker good quality alligator ...

Watch boys is on ebay .... and the dark brown to me is the best .. i did not like the white stiching so i went to the craft store (got wierd looks from the ladies, with all my tats .... and pony tail) but anyway .. i got fabric marker .. first applied black to the thread.. then the next day applied dark brown ... the stiching is now the same colour as the alligator brings out the hide and does not take away from the sections..... i tried a lot of different straps but the alligator to me can go with anything t-shirt or dress... geezzz i can't believe i am actually writing like this (fashion) on a forum .. don't tell the boyz at the Gym

he has your size 115/75...26/26 or 26/24... and get the black or dark brown .. chocolate is not so good looking in person ... don't worry about the cites certificate.. as i had one from BOB confinscated.. Kurt is safe... they may have it sent from NY or something to get away without the cites paper work.. cause he is based in Canada 99 usd worth it VB..

Edited by lanikai

i agree w/ the comments above -- you definitely want a 26mm strap for a 47mm watch. i might even wait until you get the fiddy before spending $100+ on a nice strap -- you might think the fiddy looks ridiculous and want to sell it (hopefully not)....

i'll second the quality and value of the watch boys straps (i have one on my 183h), but imho the fiddy looks better on non-exotic straps...

i love my 217 on the europelli shell cordovan black w/ copper stitching, and think the fiddy would look great on the vintage caramel w/ khaki stitching or dark cognac shell cordovan w/ copper stitching (link to drew's site is here; scroll down to the bottom for his 26/26 mm shell cordovan straps)....the matching copper stitching looks amazing with the gold hands....

just my $0.02...

deltatahoe

i agree w/ the comments above -- you definitely want a 26mm strap for a 47mm watch. i might even wait until you get the fiddy before spending $100+ on a nice strap -- you might think the fiddy looks ridiculous and want to sell it (hopefully not)....

i'll second the quality and value of the watch boys straps (i have one on my 183h), but imho the fiddy looks better on non-exotic straps...

i love my 217 on the europelli shell cordovan black w/ copper stitching, and think the fiddy would look great on the vintage caramel w/ khaki stitching or dark cognac shell cordovan w/ copper stitching (link to drew's site is here; scroll down to the bottom for his 26/26 mm shell cordovan straps)....the matching copper stitching looks amazing with the gold hands....

just my $0.02...

deltatahoe

OK... Delta ... :victory: you change my mind again... man .... i am easy but this is definately not cheap ...

i have been going back and forth on straps for my fiddy :g: .. i should have ordered the MP in papaya brown in a 26/26

i won't give up my alligator on the 089 though i really like that look.. i'll keep the gator for dress occasions on my fiddy

OK back to the drawing board :huh: ... i agree darker colours do look better on the fiddy :thumbsupsmileyanim:

i'll give you 02 cents if I can finally find a strap that i won't budge over :yu::yu:

Edited by lanikai

OK... Delta ... :victory: you change my mind again... man .... i am easy but this is definately not cheap ...

i have been going back and forth on straps for my fiddy :g: .. i should have ordered the MP in papaya brown in a 26/26

i do love the papaya brown strap on my 232 :whistling:

i'll give you 02 cents if I can finally find a strap that i won't budge over :yu::yu:

have you tried a europelli shell cordovan strap yet? drew has top notch communication/customer service, the straps are unbelievably well made and the leather is best in class. you will not be disappointed.

deltatahoe

have you tried a europelli shell cordovan strap yet? drew has top notch communication/customer service, the straps are unbelievably well made and the leather is best in class. you will not be disappointed.

deltatahoe

SSsurfer, as ever lanikai, and you deltatahoe, thanks so much for all the info. I've digested it, and here's the deal:

1) This Fiddy may actually be for a certain someone...but shh! Because he sometimes reads the forum, capiche?

2) Elliot has another BIG BALLS special going on you know where, for just a few hours more, and I went for the the THIRD TIER! Let's hope we all get PAVs, and this will solve the Fiddy strap problem.

3) I got an Europelli from another member, and though he was kindness itself, I wasn't impressed at all with the quality, as compared to the Mario Pacis and the very very underrated GeFs. No offence meant though. Takes all tastes. :)

But...God, I am in such deep doodoo moneywise now. One month of rep collecting has wiped me out. I have NOTHING left. Zip, nada.

Seriously, thank goodness Admin sorted the VIP thingie today, because one more day, and I would've seemed like such a two-faced leech, not being able to keep my promise to upgrade. Whew, Stephane...

P.S.: SSSurfer, I loved your translation! Grazie tanti. :)

Please don't spoil a great Watch by not fitting a 26mm Strap.

If you find the MP's too expensive have a look at WACCEX(they're on the bay)in particular their Vertigo line.

For around $60 these Straps would realy finish of the Watch. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

3) I got an Europelli from another member, and though he was kindness itself, I wasn't impressed at all with the quality, as compared to the Mario Pacis and the very very underrated GeFs. No offence meant though. Takes all tastes. :)

really??!? i'm curious -- which europelli strap did you get (ie. was it a shell cordovan)? in what size? i might be interested in buying it if you want to get rid of it...

deltatahoe

I have about 18 straps for my fiddy and 232 both 47mm watches and they are all 26mm. You can squeeze a 26 mm onto a 44mm pam But you simply cannot put a 24mm strap on a fiddy, it will look goofy and you will see the lug bar between the lugs on the side of the strap. Bob will sell a nice 26mm strap for 30 bucks.

Viki ...

as guys explained u need a 26 mm with ure fiddy i mean u can put a 24 on but ... u know that wont fly ...

here are the 2 toscanas with a sewn in buckle i got from a fellow member Jim ... the pics are from his sales thread (hope he wont mind) and are showcasing his 127 i have them mounted now on my 217 destro also a 47mm watch .

Just to give u a taste :) regards Laz

286944-7912.jpg

286944-7913.jpg

286944-7914.jpg

286944-7915.jpg

Please don't spoil a great Watch by not fitting a 26mm Strap.

If you find the MP's too expensive have a look at WACCEX(they're on the bay)in particular their Vertigo line.

It's not that. I have 6 MPs already. I'm just not willing to spend that all over again...

For around $60 these Straps would realy finish of the Watch. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

The problem is that I'm still waiting (more than one month...) for Markus' Bob straps from WACCEX.

He too is kindness itself, and we have been emailing each other about this. I'm totally okay with waiting, but I refuse to buy further Bobs from his site if I don't have timely and proper delivery of that first one (the ostrich).

We'll see. :)

really??!? i'm curious -- which europelli strap did you get (ie. was it a shell cordovan)? in what size? i might be interested in buying it if you want to get rid of it...

I actually paid through the nose for that used Europelli, but I'm not complaining! I saw what I was getting, and made a judgement call, is all.

Yes, it was the Europelli cordovan in black with tan stitch. Not a patch, and I mean not a PATCH on the GeF cordovan marrone which I adore.

But I don't see myself selling it because (a) I wouldn't get the price I paid for it back (B) I'm sentimental about my gear.

You'll be the first to know, if I do, though DTTH! ;)

Just to give u a taste :) regards Laz

286962-7908.jpg

Wow. :wub:

And the brown one is not far behind!

Actually, I'm pleasantly surprised by the quality of the Toscanas. They're Elliots cheapest straps if you will, but I even like his distressed Toscana -- which usually I wouldn't because I'm not into shabby-chic anything. :)

Thanks so much, Lazi baby!

If I were in your waters, I would take the best strap I can find in the inexpensive range (up to 45-50 USD) as a temporary measure, and I would reserve getting 'that' really gorgeous and expensive strap to the next occasion for a present to... ehm... myself.

If you are really left out of any money now, the straps that come with the Fiddies are not so bad after all.

Else, if you are able to find a $50 banknote hidden somewhere in your pouchs or bags, here is a decent $45 strap from DON:

287011-7877.jpg

Differently from the majority of the members here, I also feel black carbon fiber strap a beautiful complement to a Fiddy, you may see one here on a 203 (identical to a Fiddy in dimensions and shape). That straps costed less $30 from pstrapsusa, but it is veary cheap especially the stitching. If you are interested, probably DON's version ($45) is better.

Both DON's buffalo and carbon straps have off-white, not too obtrusive, stitching. If you don't like that stitching, its clear color allows you to customize it with markers like posted here.

You will find waccex shop here my wife has a 217 on an orange Bob ans loves it as it was nice and soft from day one and very good value for money

You could always strip down the strap you get with it and distress it or wax it, Just soak it in weak bleach for 10 min then scrub off with a nail brush and the horrible painted surface will come off, brush it with a fine wire brush to rough up the surface ans apply some dubbing or leather treatment and you might be surprised with teh results when dry!

My fiddy's wearing a Greg Straps vintage brown 26x26:

287206-7796.jpg

DON as mentioned has some excellent value and great value straps. I've just got the Carbon Fibre 24x22 for my 196 and it's a belter!

Dude ... either this strap size is due to the camera or your girlfriend is getting ready to wear it on her neck.... LOL

deltatahoe

thanks for the lead Delta ... i will check it out

It's not that. I have 6 MPs already. I'm just not willing to spend that all over again...

The problem is that I'm still waiting (more than one month...) for Markus' Bob straps from WACCEX.

He too is kindness itself, and we have been emailing each other about this. I'm totally okay with waiting, but I refuse to buy further Bobs from his site if I don't have timely and proper delivery of that first one (the ostrich).

We'll see. :)

BOB's straps tend to run long ... hope christin had a smalll size for you... ostrich is OK with customs but if you order reptile from him .. it will be siezed so be forwarned .... no cities certificate .. and they will open parcels from Germanyunless they are extremely busy ....

BOB's straps tend to run long ... hope christin had a smalll size for you...

115/75 as usual. ;)

Been dealing with Markus, and it's been the only other deployant strap I have bought, other than a cheapo waterproofed one, that oddly, I feel is the same quality as the 3x more expensive Europelli! Looks the same too. Black with khaki stitches.

ostrich is OK with customs but if you order reptile from him .. it will be siezed so be forwarned .... no cities certificate .. and they will open parcels from Germanyunless they are extremely busy ....

Gosh, I hadn't thought of that! I am so used to receiving packages from my relatives in Germany without probs (they used to send me Fa soap, before it came to the US). Exotic hides...hmm, there goes my other orders along those lines from him. Can't risk it.

Ostrich, as you say, should be okay but I have a gut feeling they must've seized it just the same. Well over a month now.