When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What Gens would you spend the $$ on

fotoman

So, i have been leaning gen lately, and i already have some of these, but these are reps that i would spend the $$ on if i had it, and or on the most expensive ones i hope to get one day.

These range from a couple hundred bucks to 5000 most are sub 1000 and or can be had used for around that range.

287895-7293.jpg 287895-7294.jpg 287895-7295.jpg 287895-7296.jpg 287895-7297.jpg 287895-7298.jpg 287895-7299.jpg 287895-7300.jpg 287895-7301.jpg 287895-7302.jpg 287895-7303.jpg 287895-7304.jpg

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Deltatahoe, you and I are on the same boat! (no pun intended)

287978-7231.jpg

Tried this on @ Wempe today. If no one has it in the Diamond District, I'm buying this by the end of the week.

It looks very clean and simple and fools everyone who doesn't think that it's a chrono. A simple push at 12:00 starts/stops, and 6:00 resets. I "fell in love" when I saw it.

My wife was jealous. She said I didn't even give her that look when I saw her! :whistling:

while the freak definitely has a WOW factor, i can think of lots of other things for $50k that have MORE wow factor....

Really? I'd love to hear of anything as striking that'll never be replicated. :D

ps. Yes, I realise when you get to $50K, you're looking at a whole new class of watch. You're still around only a quarter of the way to an IWC Perpetual Calendar, but you passed the IWC Portuguese Chrono over $30k ago. It's a weird price bracket.

while the freak definitely has a WOW factor, i can think of lots of other things for $50k that have MORE wow factor....

Really? I'd love to hear of anything as striking that'll never be replicated. :D

to be honest, i was thinking of the many NON-watch 'things' that i could buy for $50k that have more wow factor than the freak. i realize this is sort of breaking the rules, but i just can't imagine spending $50k on a watch. i'm sure this will change over time though :D

deltatahoe

UN Freak. It's so odd, it deserves to be bought. :D

288021-7206.jpg

288021-7207.jpg

Ok, i was thinking more - of realistic - like the money you make, what would you buy.

I'd get the freak to :) it was cool to wear, but i tell you i wouldn't wear it regularly, even if i could "afford" to hae a watch like that dinged up.

you have obviously seen my wristshot of it right

I think i didn't make clear what i was thinking when i posted. - Let me restate

Ok - We all have done major research on watches since we joined. I loved Breitlings, notice none in my list. now that your more familiar with watches and maybe have been turned onto different brands, Zeno, Sinn - or if you still love JLC ect ect

What would you spend your real money on - like, would you save a few K to get a cool gen, even if you could only have 1 of them. What Gen would you buy.

What would you spend your real money on - like, would you save a few K to get a cool gen, even if you could only have 1 of them. What Gen would you buy.

Well, I bought this, my only Swiss gen:

288035-7202.jpg

However, I really need a gen IWC chrono. I may get a Sinn chrono on the way, though; there are still some bargains to be had.

I think everyone's watch choices is great and speaks highly of their taste/etc.. since this is genuine watches we'd buy if we had the $$ I know for sure I'd get a Hublot..

I'm 29 :black_eye: and there's just *something* about this watch that appeals very highly to me..

it's sporty, rugged, dressy, eyecatching, unpretentiously beautiful and completely enthralling -- all at the same time

I mean.. how can one resist?

post-7056-1185399207_thumb.jpg

post-7056-1185399215_thumb.jpg

:thumbsupsmileyanim: