When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Fricken rich people...

Guest carlsbadrolex

Guest carlsbadrolex

I have a nice drive every day to my office in Carlsbad, CA. It takes me through an industrial park with some very large and wealthy companies (not mine...) And for the last week, I have seen the same guy driving what I consider to be my all time favorite cars.

On Monday he was driving a Porsche Carrera , Yesterday I caught him laying rubber in a Ford GT and today he was in an Enzo... WTF??? Unless Im mistaken that is nearly $2mil in cars. His license plates are obviously his last name and numerals to designate which car it is... The Porsche was #3, The GT was #2 and the Ferrari was #4... I wonder what the hell #1 is?????

Bugatti Veyron....Pagani Zonda....Ferrari 250 GTO....

Keep your eyes peeled!!!

Mmm, Bugatti. Nice taste just for referencing that, b16a2.

I say it's a new Tramontana!

post-6973-1185402241_thumb.jpg

And remember, some of us may be resentful of the goodies of the truly rich, but there's always someone in this world poorer than us.

Would you like it if they thought "Frikken rich people!" about YOU? :animal_rooster:

If I had that kind of money the LAST thing I'd do would be to buy cars. Seriously, how badly do I want people to admire me because of what I drive? That means nothing. It's the content of your character, not your bank account, that matters.

Reminds me of when I used to live in one of Chicago's wealthier suburbs. I would see this guy periodically driving a nifty current year Corvette. His license plate was GELD ! A sibling of our friend Jetmid, perhaps?

If I had that kind of money the LAST thing I'd do would be to buy cars. Seriously, how badly do I want people to admire me because of what I drive? That means nothing. It's the content of your character, not your bank account, that matters.

Not everyone can drive a Kodiak bear to work, Nanuq. :cc_canadian:

A little compassion for the poor slobs who have to make do with Porches... :lol:

Guest carlsbadrolex

Well, I found out who it is... The driver of these cars is Jim Flick of Taylor Made Golf. He is also Golf Magazines #4 instructor (I think that is right, I know he is in the top 5). Seems being a swing doctor pays pretty well! And thats ALOT of power for an old timer! OH, He was still driving the Enzo today!

VBarrett, do you know offhand what the average annual income is globally? I've read that it's something like $200.

Wow, if true, Nanuq of the North. ;)

But no, sadly I don't know. Try this fun site, though:

http://www.globalrichlist.com/

The site is a little preachy, and morosely lefty (despite the Top Gear Jeremy Clarkson sponsorship, heh)...but at least I found out that I am in the 0.01% bracket. How that is, since I ain't rich by a long shot, dunno, so you could be on to something, Nanuq. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Well lookie there! Smack me with a 2x4 and call me a stud, I'm in the top 95% myself!!! :tu:

I didn't know I had it so good! :D

Considering a family of 4 in Rio can exist (subsist) on $100 per month, it's small wonder people brave oceans on rafts, and seal themselves in canisters to come to First World countries.

We got it so good, Nanuq. So much so, we're complaining about shoddy rep watches in the middle of the night when kids are going to bed starving. Ack, what's wrong with me. Reality check, Vic...

f I had that kind of money the LAST thing I'd do would be to buy cars. Seriously, how badly do I want people to admire me because of what I drive? That means nothing. It's the content of your character, not your bank account, that matters.

Now you're just being supercilious.......:lol:

I drive a Smart car- and I made a 6 figure salary some time ago, end of story!

I recently drove my first Smart car when I was in St. Barths (a perfect island for such a small, economical automobile). Unfortunately, here in America I would NEVER drive a little car, and this is one of the biggest sticking points that foreigners do not understand.

Yes, perhaps there is a cultural bias that plays a role, but the primary reason Americans like big cars is their safety. This is an enormous country, and when you're driving on the interstate next to a 16-wheeler, or bigger, and there's an accident, you inside your Mini-Morris will die. You stand a fairer chance of surviving in your SUV or big-[censored] car. It's as simple as that, people.

Having said that, I'm all for hybrids so long as they make them in makes I like. I hate Toyotas, sorry. Bring on the Benz hybrid and make it half-way competitive, and I'm in like Flynn.

@Warbody: Good luck! $1000 is not too much, though maybe harder to get in the Dominican. My first car was a Mustang 5.0 as a present for my 18th birthday, for good grades on graduation from HS. I know Mustangs are the better Fords, but let's just say there is a reason that Ford is known as "Found On Road Dead" or "Fix Or Repair Daily"...

I recently drove my first Smart car when I was in St. Barths (a perfect island for such a small, economical automobile). Unfortunately, here in America I would NEVER drive a little car, and this is one of the biggest sticking points that foreigners do not understand.

Yes, perhaps there is a cultural bias that plays a role, but the primary reason Americans like big cars is their safety. This is an enormous country, and when you're driving on the interstate next to a 16-wheeler, or bigger, and there's an accident, you inside your Mini-Morris will die. You stand a fairer chance of surviving in your SUV or big-[censored] car. It's as simple as that, people.

Are you saying the US has no need for city cars? Smart cars are useless outside a city as it is, so maybe SUVs should be banned inside city limits so smaller cars can drive around safer. :D

about a block from where i work there is a small kind of crappy office in a older non-descript cinder block building. that needs paint. with no signage out front.

there are 8 parking places out front and almost every day the cars parked there are:

• silver aston DB9
  • 2006 fly yellow 997 turbo
  • 2007 arctic white 997 turbo
  • black 2006 M5
  • silver 2006 M5
  • red Z06 corvette

i have no idea what they do, but i wish i worked there ;)