When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

117 years old

Nanuq

Here are a couple of vintages. Mine is 49 years old, and the delightful Ms. Nanuq's is 68. Together they represent 117 years of mechanical bliss. Enjoy! :tu:

291248-5115.jpg

So I did the logical thing and sent it to Ziggy. In short order it was back home, running absolutely flawlessly.

Ziggy is the man! :notworthy:

Thanks for the kind words...I guess I can finally fess up on a "small" incident that took place on the way to the ultrasonic cleaning machine in the basement...

The movement was all stripped and placed in the cleaning baskets and these baskets are held in a small plastic container, which I take with me to the basement.

So, off I go to the basement, as I have done a thousand times...as I get to the bottom of the stairs, I reach over to turn on the light, and my hand slips, and both baskets, with all the watch parts, go flying throught the air, and on the floor....

"Oh, my, GOD" is sort of what I said... "Ok, don't move, or you may crush something..." So here I am in my workshop, with each and every piece of the movement scattered somewhere on the floor...in among the laundry, pantry, dust bunnies,..etc...

1 hour later, after going over each and every square inch of the floor, and finding one piece in the floor drain...I managed to gather all the pieces, nothing was damaged, and I got it all cleaned up and back together and running...

I laugh now, but I was not laughing at the time, talk about a panic.

So there, I feel better having confesed my sins.

Wear them well and thanks for putting your faith in my abilities, eventhough I can be a clutz like anyone else...

RG

So, off I go to the basement, as I have done a thousand times...as I get to the bottom of the stairs, I reach over to turn on the light, and my hand slips, and both baskets, with all the watch parts, go flying throught the air, and on the floor....

"Oh, my, GOD" is sort of what I said... "Ok, don't move, or you may crush something..." So here I am in my workshop, with each and every piece of the movement scattered somewhere on the floor...in among the laundry, pantry, dust bunnies,..etc...

At this point mere mortals would start creating a story of how the watch was stolen off their desk and how it's gone forever. Then again, I don't think mere mortals get into watchmaking. :whistling:

holy [censored] i think i just [censored] myself im laughing so hard!!!

LOL LOL :lol: LOL LOL LOL

holy cow... whew... breathe Lonnie breathe.. sorry, but wow that was good. Thats a cute little orange outfit you got there :)

hehe

PS - Zig, please dont throw the pieces of my DRSD on the floor. haha :lol: Well if you must.. at least take pics for the forum haha

Lonnie

Can it be.........????

295354-2203.jpg

Edited by L-dizzle