When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Show me ure DJ ...

lazarini

Hey there,

recently i have aqquired a taste to get myself a DateJust :rolleyes:

I have got over the fact that its a small case watch (36mm) ... well almoust but would really appriciate some wrist shoots if u please .

What are the common flaws on todays DJs i know where to look for sub. flaws but when it comes to DJs im clueless ?

I pretty much picked the one i like (had a small mail exchange with andrew today) as we need to do some customisation on the one he has listed (different bracelet and datefont colour) :)

I know there ait so manny DJ pics on the forum as of subs. so if u have it snap it ... also pls add wristsize if possible :)

kind regards Laz

Edited by lazarini

Here's my 2 choices. The first is not a Datejust, but it is such an odd watch it would easily pass as a gen to most. The second is claimed to be one of the few avail. that still has a plexi crystal (yes I like the older stuff). See what you think:

1. Silix Date Model

2. Andrew's Datejust

From my personal experience, a Datejust is fine if your wrist is 7" or under. My wrist is 7 1/2" but my Datejust still looks ok.

If you're looking for tt..sorry I'm completely off the mark. I like stainless! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Edited by predfan2001

Hi there to both and thx for ure replyes.

I love the TT version that gio posted thx for lovely pictures, but rather still i woud go for SS .

The choice from predfan from andrews site is pretty much simillar to what i have picked ...

This is my choice : DD Trusty

the customisation will be change of bracelet for jubilee model and an 2836-2 with red date font ...

Why do i wont this mods u may asked ... the aswer is here : Gen DJ u need to log in for this link to work ! I coud just post the picture but dont wanna get anyone in trouble .

let me know what u think :)

regards laz

Edited by lazarini

Cool thread.

I'm not a huge fan of DateJust (or any other dress/small Rolexes), but it's nice to see pictures of the good reps. They're amazingly rare, considering how popular watch the gen is (worldwide). Who's the first one to write a good DateJust review?

Hi Laz,

I'm never been a fan of DJ but thought I would love DD...

I got this one from Andrew.

295521-2101.jpg

It is much too small and would be great for my wife, but she doesn't want it.

At the end of the day I wore it one or two times only and managed to f**k the bracelet on top of that.

So it sits in a cabinet here !

Cheers

Stephane

I've built two of the Frankenjusts and think they're a great way to go- a little more pricey than a Datejust from Silix or Andrew (mine ran $500 each by the time was all said and done), but you're using a lot of gen parts.

post-175-1186595077_thumb.jpg

This is a 16014 with the aged silver dial which has turned to an off-white color. The other one is a 16013- two tone with fluted gold bezel and silver dial with gold stick markers and gold hands (no pics yet).

If you want a modern 116233/116234 watch, the reps are the only way to go, because gen parts just aren't avaiable on these new watches. They haven't been out long enough.

Here's the formula for the Frankenjust:

Case from rolli on ebay- a really beautiful case for around $190 plus shipping

Dial from Astorlive- $75- this is before I had the temerity to criticize one of their GMT's w/ small date mag- now I'm blocked from buying from them

Gen crown from jewelerstools on ebay- the other guy in Mesa AZ

Date overlay from Luenfat in Hong Kong- now you have to go to www.cubic-works.com/ and hope to get one w/ open 6's and 9's (Closed 6's and 9's is ok for 16200 series)

2836-2 eta movt- this fits in the 16014/13/30 case from the early 80's for the 3035 movt- you have to use a 2824-2 movt to fit in the 16200 series cases which have the 3135

cheap plastic spacer ring and hold down tabs

The 16013 w/ the silver stick dial and the gold fluted bezel actually is the best looking of the two- I have it on a dk brown alligator strap w/ Rolex buckle. I have to get a photo of it, but I'm a miserable failure at photography 101.

Dial from Astorlive- $75- this is before I had the temerity to criticize one of their GMT's w/ small date mag- now I'm blocked from buying from them

Date overlay from Luenfat in Hong Kong- now you have to go to www.cubic-works.com/ and hope to get one w/ open 6's and 9's (Closed 6's and 9's is ok for 16200 series)

2836-2 eta movt- this fits in the 16014/13/30 case from the early 80's for the 3035 movt- you have to use a 2824-2 movt to fit in the 16200 series cases which have the 3135

The 16013 w/ the silver stick dial and the gold fluted bezel actually is the best looking of the two- I have it on a dk brown alligator strap w/ Rolex buckle. I have to get a photo of it, but I'm a miserable failure at photography 101.

I am working on something similar, but with a twist. More in a few days.........

Could you please link to thoose ebay-sellers I cant find them :wounded1:

Thanks

Cool thread.

I'm not a huge fan of DateJust (or any other dress/small Rolexes), but it's nice to see pictures of the good reps. They're amazingly rare, considering how popular watch the gen is (worldwide). Who's the first one to write a good DateJust review?

Well i agree with u By-Thor i might consider writing one when i get the DJ ... but standolne fact that i have problem of writing a few decent sentaces in the boards will surely keep me away from it ...

All do i have an idea ... let me get one and after a week or 2 ill be willing to shipp it of to you for a proper photo shoot and review ... afcourse if u would be interested in writing one up and make a few "By-Thor" RR Pics ...

U can see the model im most probably go for on page 1 of this thread along with gen picture from another forum ...

let us know :)

regards laz

Edited by lazarini

Could you please link to thoose ebay-sellers I cant find them :wounded1:

Thanks

Oops. I got the name wrong, but this is the case and the dial looks very nice- you wouldn't need to mess w/ Astrolive and you've already saved $75!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mens-ROLEX-Case-with-d...1QQcmdZViewItem

Here's a gold 6mm crown- you'd need this for a TT 16013:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rolex-Watch-Crown-Tube...1QQcmdZViewItem

Some time ago, when I arrived to this forums I was enlightened by some projects of members here.

I always liked the datejust, because its simplicity and beautiness, so when ubiquitous started his project and posted his granite pictures i told myself that I had to do it too. Gathering parts was funny, but it later took me some time to see the project accomplished. I even decided to sell the parts but buyer changed his mind, so I kept the parts and finished the damn thing.

Building a freanken instead of buying a simple rep is more costly and you have to be patient.

So here it is, hope you like it, Regards Manuel

The 16200 case. Serial number circa 1991. It has lugholes.

296737-1263.jpg

296737-1264.jpg

Some other parts, thanks to erd04056 for the date overlay!:

296737-1265.jpg

And now, finished!

296737-1266.jpg

296737-1267.jpg

296737-1268.jpg

Compare genuine and fake clasp, the one I putted is genuine.

296737-1269.jpg

See genuine shappire and thick crystal:

296737-1270.jpg

More pics:

296737-1271.jpg

296737-1272.jpg

other rollies. Now I will focus on the WM white 1680 ;) I like vintage reps too.

296737-1273.jpg