When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

which rep is the closest to its gen?

Best ever rep:

[photo of Pug's white dial SuperOcean

I disagree - the Franck Muller Casablanca in solid 18 karat gold case is the most accurate - look for Archibald's photos in his thread if you do a search. Decorated rotor on the genuine ETA 2892 is as good as it gets. Same movement as genuine, without the platinum rotor.

hey guys, thanks for the reply, as for the superocean, may i ask if you guys are talking about the version that costs over $300+? or is there any other cheaper version that is also as close to the gen?

oh yea, any know if Jason Bourne wears TAG Link Chrono in the bourne movies???

hey guys, thanks for the reply, as for the superocean, may i ask if you guys are talking about the version that costs over $300+? or is there any other cheaper version that is also as close to the gen?

oh yea, any know if Jason Bourne wears TAG Link Chrono in the bourne movies???

If you can live without ETA and without AR, try the Asian version from any dealer. But my personal opinion is that this watch is one to keep "forever", so it worth the extra money having the full version.

If you can live without ETA and without AR, try the Asian version from any dealer. But my personal opinion is that this watch is one to keep "forever", so it worth the extra money having the full version.

may i ask what's ETA pls?

also i understand what u mean, but then how much is the gen ($1000?) if the rep is $300+??

is it worth it?

Thanks,

five :)

• 2 weeks later...
I haven't had the opportunity to try the gen, but since they have similar movement and materials. weight must be quite the same...

I tried out a Genuine about 2 weeks ago in the Corte Ingles department store here in Madrid. GREAT watch. the rep is equal in every way in terms of feel, weight and construction.. at least to the layman.