When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ok after 3 months of watchmaking, i think i can offer some help on this board

Ok everyone!

If some of you guys remember from before, I'm doing watchmaking at a tertiary institute in Sydney, Australia. Now after 3 months of study, by the way, i've been doing accelerated so i can do more than usual, i've gotten to a stage where i feel quite confident with servicing movements.

Just completely overhauled 2 ETA 2836s, 1 Original Tag heuer Quartz and 2 Original Omega 1120 (ETA 2892). Brought it in to the head teacher to inspect and had them regulated as well. So I'm quite pleased with the results.

So hoping to have some support from the Admins here on this board, I hope to extend the number of repairers/mods on this board, especially since we've been missing one in Australia. Also, as some of you guys already know, I do alot of Omega Modifications and have 2 more projects on the way - GMT and Speedmaster Automatic.

Please let me know what you guys think of my proposal, especially the guys from australia! and Admins - kenny and offshore!

^_^

Hey marrickville boy- great to hear you are advancing so well and quickly- my home studies are painfully slow, and i don't spend anywhere near enough time "at the bench'.... and then its mainly changing batteries on quartz, and replacing bands/bracelets! really exciting stuff.

Could i suggest you come up with a price structure for work, Complete tear down, oiling, and assembly =$XXX, etc... so our Aussie people know what they are looking at. I have a few projects languishing here I may throw your way.

Also I have an electronic timer ( currently being repaired) and a waterproof tester, if you can't access these- and i'm just up the road ( 1000km :p )

Offshore

PS And you have the ziggymaster as a mentor, and assisting tutor- who could ask for anythingmore!

@Marrickvilleboy - good to hear someone step up in Aust! I'll sure to send you watches when I need them service and stuff like that. By the time your watch has travelled around the world from dealer, its probably been knocked enough to be internally and externally damaged! I am all supportive of a local watchsmith, I've seen your work on Omegas and I like it!

Cheers mate

Edited by fkhill33

thanks for all the support guys! very kind words!

In terms of price, i haven't had anything structured up and i dont think i can put myself anywhere near Rob (The Zigmeister) and Joe (RBJ) as they have alot more experience in repairs and mods. But i'm more than happy to hear what you would like me to do and see if i can do it for you! At the moment, complete overhaul with oiling will start at $60AUD (usual watchmaker charges start at $110) - includes cleaning, re-oiling and re-greasing of parts and reassemble. I'm going to stick with local work for now as its quicker for the australians here and safer in terms of customs.

Non-working watches will be inspected and parts will be replaced if needed. I will be getting parts from Smith and Smith and one other source in sydney.

As with Modifications, I'm only geared to work with Omegas at the moment, as i have played with far too many omegas so i have alot of experience in what to do and which parts needs to be done. But in terms of re-working the crown guards and oiling and polishing the bracelet, i can extend that to Rolex and Tags. Also, crystal replacing is also available as I work part time at a watchstore so i have access to pressure testing and crystal press.

Thanks again for all your welcome and i'll get some photos up soon!

regards,

Mboy

^_^

Mboy:

Just wondering, would you be able to service Asian 7750s? I guess this would be the movement most in need of servicing. :)

Yes i understand the situation with the 7750s. Unfortunately, I dont feel confident enough as of yet with the chronograph movements, So i'm afraid I would not be offering services or repairs on 7750s or Venus Moonwatch movements =(

But i'm sure i will offer servicing for this movement soon.

^_^

Hi Marrickvilleboy,

Excellent .. I just bought a VC Malte from Joshua. It has a Lemania Manual Working Chronograph movement .. I'm expecting it to be in very good nick but I would like to have an initial service done.

Are you able to do an initial service on that?

Thanks

Edited by SmoothOperator

Hi Marrickvilleboy,

Excellent .. I just bought a VC Malte from Joshua. It has a Lemania Manual Working Chronograph movement .. I'm expecting it to be in very good nick but I would like to have an initial service done.

Thanks

Unfortunately, I dont feel confident enough as of yet with the chronograph movements, So i'm afraid I would not be offering services or repairs on 7750s or Venus Moonwatch movements =(

I guess not.

Sorry I missed this Mboy but this is excellent news and I'm sure I will find need of your services somewhere in the future :)

Ken

Hi Marrickvilleboy,

Thanks

Is it an actual Lemania Movement or a Venus Copy?

How do you feel about a 2836 modified for GMT?

And a crown replacement..

And a ...

Jeez I can think of lots of posibilities!

Yes, 2836 Modified with GMT is no problem and crown replacement is fine too.

:)

Way to go MBoy, I am happy for you man. I wish you are in the US. Anybody else here in the US that can do this services?? I tried watchsmiths in malls, but they say it is unethical for them to do work on a fake watch.