When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What is an MBW?

Pugwash

I wonder what the "real" name for the watches known as the MBW's really is? What i mean is, when Maria went to buy them... who did he get them from? And you hear of "old MBW" cases from who knows how long ago. Where were they orig from? What was the name of that shop? Or were they just known to the guys in the factory as "RIG-BP" (Rolex is gunna be [censored]) LOL that would be funny :wallbash:

They are known to the stall in the MBK Centre as "Vintage Rolex" or similar. :D

The name of the stall itself is known to members here, but it's preferred nomenclature is "The stall across from the KFC".

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2004/2005 you got it for 180-240 us-dollar (buy on the spot) :huh:

at the beginning of the year 2007 for round about $ 280 (buy on the spot). :angry:

$220 over the counter in Thailand. All that has changed between 2004 and 2007 is the dollar has tanked.

$220 over the counter in Thailand. All that has changed between 2004 and 2007 is the dollar has tanked.

Damn the dollar! Use GBP or Euros!

Us Dollar guys are getting hammered. There is a 30% difference between the pound/Euro from December. And as a result, Asian currencies are using the Euro instead of the dollar as a benchmark. That accounts for a lot of the increase we're seeing, not only in reps but all goods from outside the US.

And it came from *gasp* .................George. Not "George" George, the other, earlier George.

B)

NO!

The other, earlier George?

(Steps back from computer, trembling. In the pitch black of the artic darkness, the sound of a single twig snapping on the icy permafrost of the Tundra...)

Thx for the writeup Pug nice read :) Can u tell me is the mbw 1665 a bigger watch then the mbw 1680.

Regards Laz

Hi Laz,

The 1665 is not bigger in diameter,but the bezel is fat and high and the case is higher

Look here

298476-353.jpg

298476-354.jpg

I think you can see the difference... ;)

Edited by Tribal

One thing I've never seen discussed with regard to the MBW's, is that there MUST be more sources for these than just a single stall in MBK. We're only aware of one of the places to get them, but unless they're manufacturing these 'in house', then it would seem logical that they're not the exclusive source of them.

They must be getting them from somewhere.

The only thing that I would add is that I vaguely remember that for a time there were ultra, ultra rare MBW's whuch were MBW's that Maria modded and upgraded w/ OEM parts before selling. Anyone remember when one of those was posted for sale on the old board for $650 and we all griped?

If they were modded with CG work, gen crown and tube and some vintage lume and 2mm springbars they would sell like crazy now!

The only thing that I would add is that I vaguely remember that for a time there were ultra, ultra rare MBW's whuch were MBW's that Maria modded and upgraded w/ OEM parts before selling. Anyone remember when one of those was posted for sale on the old board for $650 and we all griped?

They're manufacturing them in house.....that's why you can't get them anywhere else......!

Interesting....

That would explain it, then.

It's amazing to think that they can manufacture them on their own-

Especially watches like the Nautilus....they must have a talented watchmaker working for them. It would be cool to be able to see how they actually do it. It seems to me that there'd be a fair amount of investment on their part to be able to get a watch from the drawing board to the shelves. Maybe they source some of the manufacturing out?

Pretty smart entrepreneurs they are. I wonder if they'd be receptive to some refinements of their dials- especially the red-lettered ones? Probably not, but if it's a family-run type of operation, you never know.

Do they have another market, other than our little community?

If it would be only rwg and environment... production, payment (of people involved) and new mbw watches/project

would be impossible.

Think about it.

Even a "Non-informed" could do this simple 1x1 maths by considering the factors involved and all the efforts to produce

a rep...

I do know a few guys with own websites (non-rep-board-related) that also do trade with the "Producers" and do

sell so called "mbw-watches"... its not all CN out there.

BTW... these (non-board) offers/dealers werent even new, its a known matter.

George

• 3 weeks later...
If it would be only rwg and environment... production, payment (of people involved) and new mbw watches/project

would be impossible.

Think about it.

Even a "Non-informed" could do this simple 1x1 maths by considering the factors involved and all the efforts to produce

a rep...

I do know a few guys with own websites (non-rep-board-related) that also do trade with the "Producers" and do

sell so called "mbw-watches"... its not all CN out there.

BTW... these (non-board) offers/dealers werent even new, its a known matter.

George

Can you expand on this?, as it appears that we - the great RWG masses - are missing out on something?

Are we not l33t enough? :lol:

Can you expand on this?, as it appears that we - the great RWG masses - are missing out on something?

Are we not l33t enough? :lol:

Nope... im getting tired of this. Pls dont expect me to name something.

But for the "Do-It-yourself-informers"... do a search for so called

mbw-models, for example the AP ROO is an easy one to spot.

And i dont mean the search function on the boards but in the net.

Would you be surprised to see them also on Non-Board-related sites??

Thanks for asking Manuel ;)

George

• 4 months later...

-_-

Mah Boon Krong Shopping Centre (MBK) is one of the the most famous Shopping Centre in Bangkok. Mega City Mall with clothes, watches, phones, food. MBK is linked to the Pathumwan Princess Hotel.

MBK Shopping Center is very famous for its mobile phone shops. It is not recommended to buy a mobile phone here, though. Unfortunately they sell mostly refurbished and fake phones.

It is suggested you find a real retailer from a finer shopping mall, price will be around the same.