When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

"Full Servicing" from our dealers

Feta1

I had 'above the call of duty' service from Josh on a 'pre-cartel' Exp I I bought last year and was considering buying more from him until I had the time to read a bit more widely on the forum.

My question now is why are these dealers still being allowed to advertise on this site if they won't come forward and defend themselves against these serious allegations?

Yeah...

I think that we've all probably been taken to some degree or another. Most of us didn't buy our first rep only after we'd spent months gaining information, and in that sense, most of the people here probably have experienced the downside of the rep game even if they're committed to doing due diligence.

But that's what bugs me. Is that I tried to do the due diligence and it was recommended here in a number of threads. I guess it just bugs me that there's still a grey-area, in terms of how some of the practices are dealt with. What accountability has been brought to bear? I understand that there's a natural action that takes place after something like the 'little white lies' thread- but I'm irritated because that's what the community is supposed to guard against. At least that's what I'd thought...

I'm not trying to call anyone out. The money spent on servicing is not insignificant...even the cheaper prices offered by some of the 'collectors'.

i am sorry they got you with this one i think anyone reco.mending the serivcr would have been newb folks. this was one of the items on the radar about them.

many of us have moed to dealers that dont take these tactics i use precoous time. he is as good if not better than josh was before he got greedy.

its not just dealer "servicin" there is a system wide fraud problem in servicing/ pricing/ competancy ect ect. i think the flav respect thread is only scratching the surface.

there are more people speaking out than ever and the mob cheerleaders are dying down some bt we are moving into a new era where we need to take some direction about protecting or vcommunituy from itself :)

So most people believe that this statement from our dealers is complete bullsh!t???

Waterproofing : Additional seals are add on and watch is pressure tested to 5 bars... 50m waterproofing..

Movement is completely overhaul and re-assembled, serviced and re-lub with 5 different types of Swiss imported movement lubricant, Calibration to +5 secs per day.

Above scope of works is carry out by Swiss trained Technicians

Like I said I wish I had the expertise to very this but I don't. Has anyone ever been able to verify this??? If not this would be an out right lie and something should be done!!!

Ok, I looked at the site where this is written and it is word for word verbatim. I don't necessarily agree that it is "complete [censored]" though... here is a demonstration of how you can add on additional seals (at least two), in this case, thus verifying the claims made by the seller.

Note carefully that the watch is inside a hermetically sealed jar; additionally a zipper closure seal is added over the jar rendering the watch sealed with two extra water tight seals. The watch is now ready for pressure testing. Note well that I have carefully placed the sealed watch within the confines of a sink. However, I am quite certain that the watch would pass any water proofing tests I could perform in my home so I ceased with this demonstration. I conclude that the first part of the claim made regarding waterproofing, "Additional seals are add on," is valid and true.

300645-2593.gif

Edited by ximenes

Ahhh yes,

Now we conclusively see how two extra seals, WILL increase the waterproofness of a watch!!! :whistling:

Bit bloody difficult to put it on your wrist though!

And at 1' the plastic baggy will have collapsed, and at 20' the glass jar will have imploded, (and probably the schrapnel from this will have smashed the watch crystal)

But, let's never let practicalities like this get in the way of a good yarn :rolleyes:

Luv the concept ximenes :winkiss: , but I'm sure you are at the top of the line also crying BS!

Offshore

PS At some stage one may have to remove the mod cap, and really say what one feels!!!

i never believed this pre-servicing from the beginning. Why would you need to service a new ETA? Doesnt make sense to me. I'm gunna have to believe what The Zigmeister and the senior members have to say. They know whats going on.

Paying for pre-service = scam

Lonnie

Ok, I looked at the site where this is written and it is word for word verbatim. I don't necessarily agree that it is "complete [censored]" though... here is a demonstration of how you can add on additional seals (at least two), in this case, thus verifying the claims made by the seller.

Note carefully that the watch is inside a hermetically sealed jar; additionally a zipper closure seal is added over the jar rendering the watch sealed with two extra water tight seals. The watch is now ready for pressure testing. Note well that I have carefully placed the sealed watch within the confines of a sink. However, I am quite certain that the watch would pass any water proofing tests I could perform in my home so I ceased with this demonstration. I conclude that the first part of the claim made regarding waterproofing, "Additional seals are add on," is valid and true.

POM candidate Ximenes :lol::lol::lol:

The funny thing here is that this is basically a promise to lube something that is supposed to be lubed ... and what people get is ... well... they get it without any lube ... .. .. .

This is why women can be somewhat hesitant when it comes to 'backdoor fun'... :lol: Oh, we're talking about watches, aren't we... :yeah: Oh well, either way, when it comes to promises of waterproofing or servicing from dealers, someone's still getting well and trully Effed in the Ay :blink:

So seriously, save the dollars, order in the standard watch and then take it for independant testing, or, better yet, just wear it in your swimming pool and see if it leaks. :victory:

Edited by TeeJay

Oh yes I too agree that servicing is money in the garbage. I have a thirty five year old Orient that still keeps perfect time... and the Patek worked for a good fifty before dying.

Good to know they can last so long... to bad I can't get my money back. I really feel like I have been cheated :angry2:

Good to know they can last so long... to bad I can't get my money back. I really feel like I have been cheated :angry2:

If you feel that you have been slighted, you could take it up with the dealer. If you are not satisfied, there are always other dealers ;)

If you feel that you have been slighted, you could take it up with the dealer. If you are not satisfied, there are always other dealers ;)

If I had a way to "prove" that they were not serviced I would. Unfortunatly as I said I am no The Zigmeister so I really don't know. I am just going on the general consenus it this thread that everyone seems to think nothing is done to these watches...

Ask for a guarantee and of water-proofing... and tell them you are going deep sea diving ;)

The biggest sanction you can apply is to take your repeat custom elsehwhere if you are unsatisfied. -_-

If you are happy, I'm sure you'll be happy to deal with the same dealer again. B)

I am just going on the general consenus it this thread that everyone seems to think nothing is done to these watches...

ัํYou need to start looking at your coffee cup as being half full...rather than half empty.......are the watches running Ok.....if so....what's the problem.......you can't prove they weren't serviced......so just deal with it........too many people on these boards...."think".....!

ัํYou need to start looking at your coffee cup as being half full...rather than half empty.......are the watches running Ok.....if so....what's the problem.......you can't prove they weren't serviced......so just deal with it........too many people on these boards...."think".....!

The problem TTK is that this whole hobby works on trust. If this thread serves nothing more that to have noobs steer clear of the "servicing option" I will be happy. But just saying "deal with it" is a little rediculous. I came right out and said I have no way to prove it, if I could I would. If you took your car to the shop for a 60km tune up (even though it was running fine) and paid for the service and found out they did nothing would you just "deal with it"??? I think not...

Remember I started this thread by saying

"please don't think I am attacking any of our dealers. All my "serviced" watches have never had a problem, this is just something that I have had in the back of my mind (and I bet many other have too)"

All I wanted to see was if anyone could prove that they got what they paid for... so far across this thread no one has been able to do that...

If you took your car to the shop for a 60km tune up (even though it was running fine) and paid for the service and found out they did nothing would you just "deal with it"??? I think not.

Yeah.....but if you took your car for a tune up....you would KNOW prior that it wasn't running properly.......now if it was as rough as a badger's bum after you paid.....then you'd have cause for complaint.....and you would KNOW....it wasn't serviced......your problem is you don't KNOW....and your watch is running sweet as a nut....NO?......if so.......why are you getting your panties in a fankle at the thought that it may NOT have been serviced......strap it on your wrist.....if the hands go round and round and you're not late for any appointments......where's the problem......!