When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What an AR treatment can do to a Portuguese

verbal

Since AR coating service is introduced to the rep community we've seen some impressive projects posted here..

Sadly not a single post of an AR coated Portuguese out there, must be the dodgy movement so nobody cared to 'upgrade' their Portu, maybe it's less popular because of the beautiful Ingy's and Pilot's out there..who knows.

All I know is when I had a genuine on my wrist last month I was amazed how the simple and plain dial 'popped' out, only then I discovered how detailed the dial actually is and it's simplicity and beauty really sets new standards..

So, having a perfect running Portu (lucky me) I send the crystal for an AR treatment..... Well judge for yourself.... :wub: :wub:

300683-2536.jpg

300683-2537.jpg

A love couple

300683-2538.jpg

:wub::group::wub:

300683-2539.jpg

Thanks for looking

Guest Sql_pl

It was a special edition made after the Miami Vice movie hit cinemas like a year ago.

It was worn by Jamie Foxx.

This same watch was also worn by Sophie Marceau in 'Anthony Zimmer' and they also made Anthony Zimmer Limited Edition then.

300702-2530.jpg

300702-2531.jpg

300702-2532.jpg

300702-2533.jpg

Cheers!

Where did you coat it?

Thanks all for the kind comments, I'm a happy bunny right now, it really paid off and was well worth the trouble.!

Coating was done by an optician, not sure it's the same MIL spec coating Chieftang is using, but it sure is durable. I let him make a sample and tried to remove the coating afterwards, only extensive grinding with sandpaper could remove the coating so I'm not worried.. another surprise was that it doesn't have the lip marks so no uncoated areas :)

@ FxrAndy: In the latest Miami Vice movie (not worth watching IMHO) there was some product placement and IWC released a special edition, nothing special, just a new caseback.

thanks sql_pl you beat me answering :D

Edited by verbal

My stars, that's gorgeous!

I would love to own a rose gold/black dial one.

This particular IWC is GORGEOUS. That AR sings!

But Sophie Marceau and all, I think IWCs are one of the most masculine watches around. That, any Breitling, and B&R, I would never wear...they're like having a penis on my wrist. :saddam:

Agree. I love the Portu, but too scared about the movement :(..

True and history tells it not the most reliable movement out there but so far it hasn't let me down and I have it for about 10 months now.. knock on wood..

Off topic,

Anyone know how to brush the center bit of the caseback.? The genuine has the center part of the caseback nicely brushed whereas the rep has it all polished, still trying to figure out how to do this, the challange is to make it perfect round :g:

Any brilliant ideas.?

Agree. I love the Portu, but too scared about the movement :(..

Not if you have the movement serviced and the the @6 frozen. check out The Zigmeister's thread on how the extra gears are taken out, which improves reliability and PR. May not need to sell mine after all - now all I need is AR coating.