When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I love RWG

Victoria

/mini-vent mode on

At first, I was going to post this in the Off-Topic area, then in the VIP area, and then finally I thought, no let me post it in General Discussion because RWG isn't an inert, amorphous idea. It's a place where life-and-blood people gather, and I love being a part of it.

Let me explain.

I was reading the Swemoose thread over at another forum, which doesn't have to be named. The point of this post isn't to rag on them, though. Each forum has its own dynamic, given it by the intelligence, wit and maturity of its most outspoken regulars.

And since I'm a regular in 3 rep forums, and lurk in 2 others with great intensity these past two months, I think I have a good handle now for what each offers. Each gives me a lot, and I'd like to think I give a little back in return.

RWG is just in a class above the rest, full stop.

Now you may think that after the Flavor Flav-Lanikai thread how can I say this -- since many think that wasn't our finest hour. But on the contrary, I SWEAR to you that that thread would still be en fuego today if it were on another forum.

Just read the difference between the Swemoose thread elsewhere and here for proof positive that this would be the case. Some of the stupidest, less supportive, inane opinions I've ever read anywhere are on that thread, and for what reason would someone post these things? God only knows.

I love RWG for providing me with co-members who are absolute in their knowledge of this hobby, and if not, they don't speak up just to put in an opinion, for show, for brio, for the sake of being heard.

I love this forum for its sophisticated tone, I love this forum for its international flavour, I love this forum for reuniting all these people together.

Thanks, RWG, just for being there.

/mini-vent mode off

I agree with you... this website is the second place I go right after checking my e-mail every morning I turn the computer on. I used to be an active member on the other rep sites as well, but I find the atmosphere over here to be a little calmer and kinder. I purchased my first rep almost a year ago, and have caught the bug ever since. RWG is the place to be when it comes to good advice from friendly and knowledgeable people.

I agree with you... this website is the second place I go right after checking my e-mail every morning I turn the computer on. I used to be an active member on the other rep sites as well, but I find the atmosphere over here to be a little calmer and kinder. I purchased my first rep almost a year ago, and have caught the bug ever since. RWG is the place to be when it comes to good advice from friendly and knowledgeable people.

RWG is less hierarchical than another board I am thinking of, and that accounts for its more friendly atmosphere, IMO.

Also, other boards are very Anglo-centric, whereas the wealth of countries represented here (just by you, Corgi, and I who replied so far, for example!) is fantastic. We all speak English, but instinctively one feels it's like a Tower of Babel too.

And the wit and imagination...well, as Tony Soprano says, fuggedaboudit.

The smallest of examples:

I was showing my boyfriend Euno's What the Hell??! thread, and we were laughing our fool heads' off on the phone, over it. He loved it. I loved it.

And I know such a thread was really only possible here because one great characteristic of this forum is its sense of silliness.

Never underestimate the power of "silly", as Peter Sellers once said.

RWG is fantastic! Knowledgeable people who pull no punches ... speak their minds and reflect many honest differences of opinion ... but also many judgments in consensus. And kindly willing to share their excellent experience.

A great site. I looked for months before I found this good place. Now I have stopped looking; I am comfortable with the integrity and completeness of the information available here.

I'm a member in a couple of similar places... and earned my first rep...utation over at TRC. Today i find myself spending most of my time here on RWG. I like the vibe of this place and being EU based, I also like the fact that it feels more international than some of the other fora.

At first i thought you guys over here were a bunch of arrogant SOBS.Now my opinion has changed and I have learned that not only are you arrogant but your educated SOB's too :tu: JK. Truthfully the only reason was my eagerness to become a dealer really overshadowed the true nature of this board. After taking a few steps back and reading some posts i have come to the following conclusions. The atmosphere is much calmer over here and more informative and educated. Reminds me, okay and i know this is silly, of a coffee shop located off a busy side road. Other forums, well at times breakfest at McDonalds the bickering and constant chattering. The more I am over here the more i enjoy it. Very seldom do you find people whom make repeated one, two, three, or four (and that is long for them) word post. Honestly, the first board I visit now.

TWP

Are there any other forum ? :huh:

My nature is to be faithfull.

RWG saved me so much time, energy, money....

As I discovered RWG first I stick to RWG since it educates me more every day in this hobby too.

I have no idea what kind of atmosphere there is on other rep boards but I think this one is pretty ok.

Sometimes a little fight of course but at the end of the day we are only human being.

LongLifeRwg!

:D

Cheers

Stephane

Agree 100%,.. Rwg is the place to be..!

Too bad some of the most important posts will never be read before

they are pushed down and buried forever...

Would be nice to have a permanent forum where important posts can be pinned, for life,..

so people would never have an excuse as to why they continue to make the same

mistakes that waste their hard earned money...

I, who have had little to say here, whilst reading this site for the past several months, have not only been informed and amused, but, astounded and surprised at the level of information and intelligence displayed here. I for one could not go a day without reading this site.....as I have unfortunately found out recently with the bug a boos this site has been experiencing. I couldn't get on the site yesterday and I....I felt sad!....that in itself may be troubling, but , the people here give me pleasure and informative entertainment daily.....so, don't go away, come back, again and again....I need you......

calmer... kinder... friendly?!? :blink:

OMG, are we really perceived that way????

Well, not you, of course! :p;)

Ah, whew! :sweatdrop:

302905-1009.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol:

A little too kind and friendly... I would prefer this version: :lol:

302905-1010.jpg