When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Why Joshua (perfect clones) and Andrew (trusty time) are bad for rep collectors

Chronus

Man reading this thread would make one think some people forget they are selling "rep" watches. While I won't agree or disagree since I'm new to "this" forum, this is the rep aka fake watch world. How shocking it is that there maybe business practices that are maybe less then ethical going on. Swiss trained techs, waterproof, etc, hummm while these maybe what some would call the unethical part, isn't calling a $200 watch made in CN a Rolex unethical. If you don't care to buy something don't offer over any money to them. Give the dealer you like your money.

Mr. Radio Active, I think (with respect) that you are totally wrong. this bussiness moves thousends of dolars. And they are directed from here, these boards. I mean that you come here, because of the friend people, but also to learn about what is happening, and where you are sending your money. It is not talking about a 10 dolars watch in a beach in Turkey. We are talking about watches (I really do not mind if they are reps or not), that cost more than 700 bucks.

so I think this posts are really important. the only thing for me, that I really do not like, it is that there is no conclusion. the facts are shown, and in the last days is just a personal war.

Man reading this thread would make one think some people forget they are selling "rep" watches. While I won't agree or disagree since I'm new to "this" forum, this is the rep aka fake watch world. How shocking it is that there maybe business practices that are maybe less then ethical going on. Swiss trained techs, waterproof, etc, hummm while these maybe what some would call the unethical part, isn't calling a $200 watch made in CN a Rolex unethical. If you don't care to buy something don't offer over any money to them. Give the dealer you like your money.

This has nothing to do with 'forgetting' that they are rep watches whatsoever. Calling a CN made $200 watch a Rolex is not unethical, as long as it is not being advertized and sold as being genuine. If anyone seriously thinks that they are getting a genuine watch at a knock-down price, then they are either seriously misinformed, plain lying to themselves, or both. People know they are buying replicas, but they expect to receive what they actually pay for.

The issue here, as illustrated by posts like Predfan's, is that people are paying for a product and getting something different to what they ordered, or, paying for a service (ie waterproofing) and it simply not being done. It doesn't matter what the product is being sold, and if it is genuine, replica or whatever, what matters, is that people are offering X, sending Y, and anyone who complains about that, is being 'swept under the carpet', and criticized by the dealer's shills. Given that this forum exists to protect BUYERS, not DEALERS, that is why people are finding it an unacceptable situation.

Interesting that both slay and TeeJay have changed their signatures now ;)

this is a point in a lot of peoples minds for sure...

Ask yourself this..

there are 4 dealers with direct ties to the makers ... they buy wholesale

other dealers have to travel through possibly more than one middle man .. and then sell for less to draft sales away from the primary dealers ..

I'm very surprised that these other dealers that go through middlemen (and costing more) can still offer these watches at cheaper prices than the "primary" dealers, who must be making a killing!

I really am surprised by this comment, is there any credence to it? If so, the prices really ARE at higher prices than they could be :(

Interesting that both slay and TeeJay have changed their signatures now ;)

We were PMd by Admin as there had been complaints about the size of the signatures :rolleyes:

I shrunk it down a bit B)

Very odd... TeeJay's signature just reverted back to that same one. :g:

Which one would that be? I haven't done anything to alter my signature, so if it's suddenly changed from the shortened version of Slay's original message, that would mean someone is changing my settings... <_<

We were PMd by Admin as there had been complaints about the size of the signatures :rolleyes:

I shrunk it down a bit B)

Which one would that be? I haven't done anything to alter my signature, so if it's suddenly changed from the shortened version of Slay's original message, that would mean someone is changing my settings... <_<

Strange, the signature wasn't showing up for a while... seems to be back now. Slay's one says "Under Construction".

Since joining this forum in March I have purchased about 50 reps from Andrew and Joshua. That may be as much as anyone on this forum. Why? Their level of service and dedication is second to none. No other vendor replies to me at 3am in the morning, their time!! They replace broken parts, replace defective watches, and have a website that is stellar. Communication is most often instantaneous. My last shipment has been lost to Canadian Customs for a few weeks and Joshua is sending me a replacement order. This shows an extreme amount of integrity on his part. Although you may think that their prices are high, on the contrary, I think they are great. I negotiate some pretty good deals with them and they are always willing to try to earn my business. Why would I switch if I am very happy with the service they have provided me? I can afford real gens, and own some but buying reps stretches my dollar. I trust Joshua and Andrew implicitly. They have never ever steered me wrong and I am glad to have them as my prefered vendors. Anyone can sell and send out a watch. It is the after sales service that matters.

Strange, the signature wasn't showing up for a while... seems to be back now. Slay's one says "Under Construction".

Bizarre. Slay's has been like that a while. I guess he didn't want to just shorten it as I chose to :D

Indeed we did get complaint about the sheer size of the signatures (With the size of their signatures and both of them posting multiple replies on a single page, it was a loooong read ;)), so I asked both Slay and Teejay to down-size them a it. Slay told me he was busy partying and would do it after love parade :lol:

Since joining this forum in March I have purchased about 50 reps from Andrew and Joshua. That may be as much as anyone on this forum. Why? Their level of service and dedication is second to none. No other vendor replies to me at 3am in the morning, their time!! They replace broken parts, replace defective watches, and have a website that is stellar. Communication is most often instantaneous. My last shipment has been lost to Canadian Customs for a few weeks and Joshua is sending me a replacement order. This shows an extreme amount of integrity on his part. Although you may think that their prices are high, on the contrary, I think they are great. I negotiate some pretty good deals with them and they are always willing to try to earn my business. Why would I switch if I am very happy with the service they have provided me? I can afford real gens, and own some but buying reps stretches my dollar. I trust Joshua and Andrew implicitly. They have never ever steered me wrong and I am glad to have them as my prefered vendors. Anyone can sell and send out a watch. It is the after sales service that matters.

That's cool, but, as Richard Tracy pointed out, this is an issue where people need to look beyond their own good deals, and see the overall picture. So lots of people are happy with A&J, that's cool, but, that doesn't mean that the examples of people who have been screwed over didn't occur...

PS, Impeccable doesn't have a K in it ;)

I recall a quote from a certain film....

"You stupid English pig.....I fart in your general direction"

That's cool, but, as Richard Tracy pointed out, this is an issue where people need to look beyond their own good deals, and see the overall picture. So lots of people are happy with A&J, that's cool, but, that doesn't mean that the examples of people who have been screwed over didn't occur...

PS, Impeccable doesn't have a K in it ;)

Arrrrgh....Can never win with you. Should have spell checked :p

I recall a quote from a certain film....

"You stupid English pig.....I fart in your general direction"

Yes... Sounds about your level of sophistication... :rolleyes:

Arrrrgh....Can never win with you. Should have spell checked :p

:lol:

there may be better deals out there for japanese movts. and such .. but with the exchange rate I would be paying over 400 usd for the "better" deals .. there are stricter laws for replica money ....

400 + USD for Asian movements?? :o You've been looking in the wrong places, amigo... To be honest, my issue has never been with the costs (although I do not approve of price fixing) as I have always been of the opinion that "it costs what it costs". My prime concern, has always been that people have been lied to and manipulated, and sold products and services which were not as described or promised.

Andrews customer service is superb, I couldn't be happier, ordered 2 PO (one 42.5mm version & a UPO 'lite'), the UPO had a problem where the seconds hand would stop @ the 10 o'clock position, talked to Andrew and will pay for the repair from my local watch-smith ($30 total), both PO's run great now (42.5mm came ticking since it arrived :D - It's a gift btw, so friggin hard to give away after seeing it!), the UPO has no aesthetic problems, it's an excellent rep, and I couldn't be happier!

BTW - watches arrived in 4 days after being shipped, if that's not fast, then I don't know what it is!

Andrew replied VERY fast, usually 5-10 min after sending the email.

So as soon as THAT kind of service keeps up, I'm buying from them, of course, also as long as they don't increase prices out of the blue 'just because'... :p

Andrews customer service is superb, I couldn't be happier, ordered 2 PO (one 42.5mm version & a UPO 'lite'), the UPO had a problem where the seconds hand would stop @ the 10 o'clock position, talked to Andrew and will pay for the repair from my local watch-smith ($30 total), both PO's run great now (42.5mm came ticking since it arrived :D - It's a gift btw, so friggin hard to give away after seeing it!), the UPO has no aesthetic problems, it's an excellent rep, and I couldn't be happier!

BTW - watches arrived in 4 days after being shipped, if that's not fast, then I don't know what it is!

Andrew replied VERY fast, usually 5-10 min after sending the email.

So as soon as THAT kind of service keeps up, I'm buying from them, of course, also as long as they don't increase prices out of the blue 'just because'... :p

That's great. For you. How about the other people who got totally screwed because they bought something expecting it to be something, but wound up with something else? Or who paid for a watch to be serviced, but received one that was untouched? The point of these threads, as several people have said, is to look beyond your own experiences, and consider what has happened to others as well, and consider what is best for the community as a whole :)

That's great. For you. How about the other people who got totally screwed because they bought something expecting it to be something, but wound up with something else? Or who paid for a watch to be serviced, but received one that was untouched? The point of these threads, as several people have said, is to look beyond your own experiences, and consider what has happened to others as well, and consider what is best for the community as a whole :)

I don't want to start a fight, I'm just posting my 2-cents. So just take my experience as one more point towards Andrew. B)

I don't want to start a fight, I'm just posting my 2-cents. So just take my experience as one more point towards Andrew. B)

Likewise, I'm not trying to start a fight either, I'm just pointing out, that pointing out one's own positive experiences, as pointed out previously by Richard and others, helps no one. This is not a forum to promote A&J, but to protext people from any kind of scams or dishonest sales. This forum is here to protect us, not them... B)