When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

riveted bracelet

polexpete

That looks alot like the riveted band I received from Silix when I ordered my vintage Sub. I have several riveted bands and so far I've seen 2 styles.

When sizing the one from Silix, I found that when I removed the screw (the reps have tiny screws in the last links instead of rivets to make them easy to size), the link is one piece. So the screws just come out like a modern band for sizing. The down side is these screws are very soft and round off easily.

The other style (which comes on Trustys vintage models) appears more accurate to me. When you remove the screw to size the band, the link comes apart. The screw goes into a tube with a rivet head on the end. The link and side pieces are seperate. I've sized these several times and had no issues with the screws rounding off.

Agreed with Nanuq.

My riveted has a screw that comes out and I do not trust it at all...

Bad news Loctite doesn't help.

I guess I will have to fit another bracelet to my GreatWhite.

Having said that, I do not experience the same problem with my Edge 1680 Red...

Cheers

Stephane

Giorgio, maybe you could tell us how you got your link to work- like a tutorial for us non-computer geek types!

If you use the following format without all the description in it, it seems to work. You could sub any item number in there and it'll should work.

I don't understand why the links don't work in the long format.

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260153270906

The guy selling these is Homer, he used to deal in reps on RWG. Just good reviews...

The rivet band looks nice, but 70$?! One would at least have to add gen endlinks, as the delivered ones, well, are very inaccurate.

I'm seeing $0.99 NR + $11.99 for shipping. Where are you getting $70 from?

Disagree?

Isn't that what I said:

"$0.99 NR" (No Reserve)

Well not really, but I can be wrong.

I understood you get it for 0.99 + 11.99 ...

If not, sorry.

But I think it's more likely going to end like RepAustria say: 70$ + shipping.

Cheers, no offend pls.

Stephane

But I think it's more likely going to end like RepAustria say: 70$ + shipping.

Actually, the last one went for$12.50. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=260147089901 That's one of his highest priced sales.

This one went for $8.01 http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=260147090761

This one went for $3.00 http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=260147182210

This one went for $0.99 http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=260142551751

Well, actually Homer's bracelets show 70US$ buy it now price...

This thread is about riveted oyster bands on sale on ebay for $0.99 no reserve auctions from seller riyi002. He has no Buy it now prices only $0.99 no reserve auctions. swisspartsuk has the same bracelet with hollow rolled mid-links, like Nanuq mentioned, for $70, but that's not what the links above reference.

The bracelets starting at 0.99 are crap, don't waste yer time. They're nothing like the ones i recommended so please don't buy one thinking they're the same. Oliver, $70 bucks is a little high but better than $500 for the real deal huh? and there's not much choice out there...

P.

Sure, 70$ is okay, because it is a bit on the high side, if you know what these cost in reality. :) But then again, tehre's always a huge markup with reps.

@giorgo - I don't know where you find that stuff, but the original link from PP that is to be discussed clearly links to Homers Exclusivediscount shop.

Oh, my bad. PP's link didn't work for most (is it working for you somehow?) so I followed the next post to that auction (as I thought most others didfrom the discussion i.e. $0.99 NR, too bad the links aren't folded, etc) $70 is quite a mark up, considering these are just generic bracelets. (with reps, we're usually paying for branding, not cost).

Yep, ebay links don't work anymore- go to ebay and type in Rolex rivet- or item #260153270906

No the link didn't work either, but when you copy and paste the link, and extract the item description then it will lead you to the item. :)

I tried that too, but all I got was this:

cgi.ebay.com/RIVET-OYSTER-STRAP-BRA...1QQcmdZViewItem

no info to extract.

I wonder why the links don't work. It's like the board pukes if you try to post a link that's too long.

I have had several of these riveted rep bracelets and they all looked cheap, fake and then, as Nanuq said, they always fell apart.

If you really want a more vintage look for your vintage Rolex rep, but do not want to pay for a riveted gen bracelet (I have seen riveted gen bracelets sell for as little as $250 in 'good' condition on ebay), why not use a folded bracelet instead? These typically sell for $150-$250 on ebay in good to excellent condition and they are much easier to size (just spread 2 center links, remove or add links & then close the open center links) and will make your rep look ALOT better than one of these cheesy riveted rep bracelets.

Wow - folded bracelets for 150$?! I mean, even 250$ is cheap. Please guide me to that grail, I can only find the good condition ones for around 600-800$

$600-$800 for a folded link bracelet? That is highway robbery. I paid $145 for the last 7835 (ebay item 110148239330), which I used for the 6239 Newman

Image1-3.jpg

Maybe the 20mm bracelets are more expensive, but the most I have paid for a 19mm folded link 7835 is $260 and I probably would not spend that much again since they can be found for under $200 if you are patient. Timeman also has folded link bracelets for less than $250, but his site is under construction now.

Maybe the 20mm bracelets are more expensive, but the most I have paid for a 19mm folded link 7835 is $260 and I probably would not spend that much again since they can be found for under $200 if you are patient. Timeman also has folded link bracelets for less than $250, but his site is under construction now.

Sounds very exiting !

Thanks Freddy.

Nanuq -- One of the nice things about folded links is how easily they can be renewed with fairly simple tools (though it takes a bit of patience and ALOT of time) -- pair of simple flathead screwdrivers or; better yet, a small, smooth-jawed pair of needle-nose pliers. Unlike riveted links, folded links are just, well folded links. As you bend your wrist and put stress and pressure on the individual links, their ends tend to move apart which makes the bracelet loose. But all you need to do to renew them is squeeze the links back together. Just place tape on the link for added protection and then squeeze the links together. Afterwards, brush the scratches out with a Bergeon brushing pad and voil