When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Review of Rolex Daytona "Seconds at 6"

By-Tor

I know that Daytona is really a watch that makes peoples heads turn around...... I am sure it'll grow on me as soon as the price is right and the movement is fixed. But til then its great to have the info.

Hope to see more joint ventures in the future.

How low do you want it go. These models go for only $140 shipped, with the asian 7750 .

Quite an important point to me and maybe other new forum members - where do you get them from?

plethora of sites selling reps on the web but as this review is of a watch that was actually purchased could someone tell me where from ?

Thanks

Hi,

Andrew's web site is here:

http://www.trustytime88.com/

Cheers

Stephane

• 1 month later...
Thanks gentlemen. Appreciated.

The rep really is thicker, which is a good point (that I forgot to add into my review). I guess it's due to the 7750 movement requiring thicker case...

I really fell in love with the white Daytona during the construction of this review. I'm almost willing to take the risk with the movement, but not quite. I'm hoping that the factories will come up with some sort of good solution in the future... or at least improve this modification somehow. Daytona is something that everyone should have in their collection.

This particular white dial stainless model is hands down the best looking modern Daytona ever. The black dial version (and the white gold variations) leave me cold.

Hi, By-Tor,

An absolutely fantastic review.

Have been emailing Andrew lately and he mentions a new 7750 movement at 28,800 bph.

Did this watch have the new movement or the older version?

I think the new movement may be the 7750b1.

Any comments on this one cause a Daytona would really be high on this newbies list.

BTW - the new ones are listing for $348.00 with a TT band and white face with the new movement.

Anyone seen these?

Newf

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks gentlemen. Appreciated.

The rep really is thicker, which is a good point (that I forgot to add into my review). I guess it's due to the 7750 movement requiring thicker case...

I really fell in love with the white Daytona during the construction of this review. I'm almost willing to take the risk with the movement, but not quite. I'm hoping that the factories will come up with some sort of good solution in the future... or at least improve this modification somehow. Daytona is something that everyone should have in their collection.

This particular white dial stainless model is hands down the best looking modern Daytona ever. The black dial version (and the white gold variations) leave me cold.

By-Tor,

Although I have responded to this particular review of yours, your comment here made me have to chime in to agree. Even though I am one of those people who are partial to chronos and to Daytonas to start with, this model is too clean and sharp of lines to ignore. I had a SS blackface to begin with, and as soon as I saw the whiteface, I had to get one. It just looked more refined whereas the blackface looks very sporty. It (28k vph secs@6 A-7750 new version) has not disappointed or let me down yet. I get at least 30-36 hours of power reserve, have never (yet) had a problem with the chronos - setting and resetting; and love it through and through. This watch was taking a pounding on most of the forums until your review, and folks started looking a lot more closely at this beauty, my thanks and appreciation once again.

• 4 weeks later...

Need help from knowledgable Rolex members;

Ok! First I need to say that I am new to Rolex rep's.

But I would really love to own a Daytona. But am not interested in having a paper weight in less than a year after I purchase one!

Question; Is there a dealer that sells a quality Daytona with the extra gears removed, and the seconds frozen @6???

Thank you for your input.

Dennis

Edited by DAYAIR1

• 8 months later...

From which of the trusetd sellers of RWg do you guys recommend to get the Daytona Rep from?

Also, when referring to Andrew you talk about trusty, right? Where is he based from: EU or asia?

My current address is in the States, could I get some customs problems??

• 3 months later...

I bought mine from Eurotimez about two months ago and converted it to a Tudor Chrono Frankenstein. To eliminate the bad etched crown on the rep daytona crystal I tried to change it for a clarks 295 and glued a cyclops on it (the Tudor chrono has a cyclops far right). And it worked perfectly!

• 2 months later...

great review by-tor

i was wondering what dealer or collector has the best quality daytonas. i have been looking around a lot and have been getting mixed feeling about a lot fo them because of the seconds at 6 dilemma. does anyone have an opinion? PM me please i would realy like a nice 116509 :D

thanks

• 4 months later...
great review by-tor

i was wondering what dealer or collector has the best quality daytonas. i have been looking around a lot and have been getting mixed feeling about a lot fo them because of the seconds at 6 dilemma. does anyone have an opinion? PM me please i would realy like a nice 116509 :D

thanks

Hi guys, I'm new and see there haven't been any comments lately. I would also love to get one of the Daytona's and have no idea which website to trust. Can anyone please recommend anything for me? I would really really appreciate it, thanks! It looks like that Trustytime website is no longer working...

Hi guys, I'm new and see there haven't been any comments lately. I would also love to get one of the Daytona's and have no idea which website to trust. Can anyone please recommend anything for me? I would really really appreciate it, thanks! It looks like that Trustytime website is no longer working...

I bought my Daytona secs@6 from Andrew (Trustytime), but it stopped working after 10 month. For new address of Andrew just do a google search "trustytime".

Question; Is there a dealer that sells a quality Daytona with the extra gears removed, and the seconds frozen @6?

Thank you for your input.

hjusthjust