When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Daytona - Who is andrew? And how do I get in touch?

UB7

I just got a Daytona SS with a zenith 31 jewel movement and the chrono @ 6 works perfectly, however I am interested in purchasing a 2 tone and I see that this 'andrew' fellow supplies phenominal reps. How do I get in touch with him? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

daytona1.jpg

Respectfully,

David

Heres a link to my full collection:

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=47461

Edited by UB7

www.trustytime88.com

The pull down tab below can direct you to other folks and subjects.

Hey George. Thanks for helping out the n00b (at least by post count). I notice you are as helpful that way, as I used to be, so good on you, if I may say.

I'm slacking because I think I'm getting into that mindset that overcomes all veterans eventually:

That this board is for hardcore information, and participation, not an information depot where you post a question and leave, having taken the juice from the board's experience without giving anything back. No offence meant to anyone, certainly not to you UB7, because we've all been there!

But yes, eventually one does get tired of the "Where can I buy the best Sub" types of questions...

I wonder if anyone else notices this transformation in themselves? I'm not pleased with my new attitude, BTW. :(

I don't think anyone comes to hit and run. If they do it is there loss. I came looking for the Patek Jumbo Nautilus. Finally after six posts someone PMed me about TTK.

I have since purchased five PAMS a Sub and a 40mm Nautilus and await an MBK ROO. Plus I'm awaiting Narikaa to get back to me on an EOD!

If the people I help do half as much to help others then RWG will live forever.

Hey George. Thanks for helping out the n00b (at least by post count).

Yep! Cause that's how we qualify folks here. Post count!

I'm slacking because I think I'm getting into that mindset that overcomes all veterans eventually:

"Veterans"?!? You're kidding....right?

Oops. My bad. Inside of 2 months is noob. 2 1/2 whole months like you have.....veteran!!

That this board is for hardcore information, and participation, not an information depot where you post a question and leave, having taken the juice from the board's experience without giving anything back. No offence meant to anyone, certainly not to you UB7, because we've all been there!

We sure have! That first 90 days is one hell of a ride!

But yes, eventually one does get tired of the "Where can I buy the best Sub" types of questions...

I wonder if anyone else notices this transformation in themselves? I'm not pleased with my new attitude, BTW. :(

Something tells me the "attitude" isn't new....just a different venue.

Oops. My bad. Inside of 2 months is noob. 2 1/2 whole months like you have.....veteran!!

VB is very nice, helpful and participates with great contributions to many forums.

Why are you being so hard on her?

I just got a Daytona SS with a zenith 31 jewel movement and the chrono @ 6 works perfectly, however I am interested in purchasing a 2 tone and I see that this 'andrew' fellow supplies phenominal reps. How do I get in touch with him? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

daytona1.jpg

Respectfully,

David

UB7 Welcome to the board.

You will find that this forum will provide you a wealth of knowledge on the subject of reps. Keep in mind that the information you recieve comes at a cost to some. I refer to the people who own and run this board. After you feel comfortable with the idea of contributing the option of upgrading your membership to VIP status will offer you even more than you currently experience and your financial contribution will go a long way to keeping the board up and running as a very useful resource in the future.

Also, you may want to give the search function a workout - I have found it very useful.

Come back and post often. Cheers

I am unsure why you posted this - your tone is unfriendly and the post offers nothing helpful to the new member. VB was only sharing and trying to be helpful. If you have an issue with her personally perhaps a PM would be better than posting it. Cheers

daytona1.jpg

Respectfully,

David

There is no Daytona with Zenith and Sec at 6...Not even the Gen. :hammer:

I am unsure why you posted this - your tone is unfriendly and the post offers nothing helpful to the new member. VB was only sharing and trying to be helpful. Cheers

Raijor, did you get any PM from Ub7 ?

I have received 2.

He is questionning about where can I get the same as yours (Vip feature), fat or not fat hands on a Daytona, and so on :huh:

I'm sorry but maybe one should say at least

"Hello I'm a newbie and want to learn.

I am prepared to read for hours instead of posting 20 questions on my first day'

Don't you think so ?

Or should we just share all the knowledge of this board with non contributing members on day 1?

Stephane

Raijor, did you get any PM from Ub7 ?

I have received 2.

He is questionning about where can I get the same as yours (Vip feature), fat or not fat hands on a Daytona, and so on :huh:

I'm sorry but maybe one should say at least

"Hello I'm a newbie and want to learn.

I am prepared to read for hours instead of posting 20 questions on my first day'

Don't you think so ?

Or should we just share all the knowledge of this board with non contributing members on day 1?

Stephane

[/quoquestioningVIPte]

I completely agree with you Stephane. I remember when I came to the board for the first time. I was advised politely to try out the search function and most of my questions would find answers. Also, upgrading to a VIP membership would offer even greater benefits. One VIP members posted to another newb questions that "you are not going to get the keys to the Kingdom without contributing to the community" ...He was referring to the need to ante up and upgrade to VIP status. Upgrading to VIP status should always be encouraged of new members and it should be encouraged frequently and that opportunity comes up whenever they ask a question. What the new members do not appreciate is the value that is found in discovering that pretty much all they want to know is already posted somewhere on the board and it is just a simple matter of finding it. Becoming a VIP member will immediately provide access to all the vetted dealers on this site. That alone has to be worth the price of admission. Some people are lazy and want everything just given to them but many are willing to become participants in the community and support the board through postings and financially by upgrading to a VIP membership. We need to show that there is value in becoming a VIP member by speaking about it whenever a newb posts asking for info on this or that or PM's for the same. Thanks for bringing this up Stephane. Cheers

So we agree then.

I love to help, but when being asked for several questions, in a field that I am not an expert, I can't answer anything else but: Upgrade or read .

Cheers

Stephane

Well I don't agree. Respectfully. My first visit was to RWI after I had googled the Nautilus. I saw a beautiful picture and folks that were going to get one. So I chimed in of where I could get one too. Nothing, nada. Not even an acknowledement I was there. So I left, disgusted.

A few months later I found RWG. Again I saw the Nautilus. It took six posts and some PM's for someone to tell me to wait until TTK had more stock available.

So here I am, ready and willing to help anyone at anytime despite the fact I know absolutely nothing about anything as verified by my wife.

We are so rude we did not even welome the man that is obviously VB's ex-husband.

We are so rude we did not even welome the man that is obviously VB's ex-husband.

17 posts in one day?? He's my brother not ex! ;)

Admin, if such a thing as making one comment inside a thread be a sticky, this would be it:

"UB7 Welcome to the board.

You will find that this forum will provide you a wealth of knowledge on the subject of reps. Keep in mind that the information you recieve comes at a cost to some. I refer to the people who own and run this board. After you feel comfortable with the idea of contributing the option of upgrading your membership to VIP status will offer you even more than you currently experience and your financial contribution will go a long way to keeping the board up and running as a very useful resource in the future.

Also, you may want to give the search function a workout - I have found it very useful.

Come back and post often. Cheers"

This is a textbook reply on how to answer these questions. Making it clear how things stand but also -- Gracious. Kindly. Welcoming.

Perfection. Raijor, thanks. You're wonderful. George, you too, big thanks.

Stephane's point is about contribution. The question is whether we as members of this forum should offer up earned knowledge to somebody who has contributed nothing to the body of knowledge and the financial support of this board. The information that UB7 wanted is available for the taking, all that is required is a little bit of work on his part. The search function will give answers and it does not require an upgrade to VIP status for it to work.

Silence to a Newbies request for answers from the membership is not rudeness. I would suggest that it is rude to simply enter into a forum and make personal requests of people you do not know or do not know you. For security purposes it should be required that Dealer info never be given to non VIP members. However, that is not my call to make. I encourage you to think about the future of this board when giving away the "keys to Kingdom for free" and remember that for it to survive we all must contribute. Cheers

Well I don't agree. Respectfully. My first visit was to RWI after I had googled the Nautilus. I saw a beautiful picture and folks that were going to get one. So I chimed in of where I could get one too. Nothing, nada. Not even an acknowledement I was there. So I left, disgusted.

A few months later I found RWG. Again I saw the Nautilus. It took six posts and some PM's for someone to tell me to wait until TTK had more stock available.

So here I am, ready and willing to help anyone at anytime despite the fact I know absolutely nothing about anything as verified by my wife.

The MBK is a special circumstance, No? Many were not aware than TTK was able to source these on a regular basis and the other seller asked his customers to help him keep a low profile. It isn't hard to imagine the following: Noob expends first post to ask where he can get a nautilus. In a rare moment of magnanimity, archibald PM's him the 2 sources. Noob precedes to send 16 "my friend archibald recommended you" emails and PMs to said dealers asking many questions and demanding amazon.com-style-or-better service. archibald finds sourcing MBK's inordinantly difficult.

If my wife were to read this thread, she would undoubtedly say, "at least VB's ex has 31 jewels."

We're so rude we didn't even welcome V's ex husband :o

I'm so sorry but V should have trained him to use the search function and upgrade :p

Come on guys, I do respond to newbs posts and pms where I can help, even if they are sniffers only.

I do not feel like I should respond where I am 1) not an expert 2) bombarded with questions I do not even understand like "fat hands".

By-Tor just posted a review using my Daytona !

What the hell can I add that hasn't been said by By-Tor?

If V ex husband cannot find that thread, I'm afraid he won't be able to find any other.

Oh, and by the way, me too I'm a VIP: I'm my sister's brother :lol:

@V: gracious ? Shouldn't the new person in the room be gracious ?

Stephane

EDIT:

That is all for this thread. I have nothing more to say

We're so rude we didn't even welcome V's ex husband :o

I'm so sorry but V should have trained him to use the search function and upgrade :p

You know what Stephane? You're right! How dare he, f*cking noob, marches in here acting like, A NOOB! When are the noobs going to smarten up?

Tell me this? Why the hell should the guy donate? He's been here 1 day and you've already ranted about being bombarded by TWO messages, and about why nobody should help him since he's been here a whole day and hasn't paid for a membership. I think you should drop that whole "donate" crap and call it what it is - membership fee. (I have to be fair here 'cause although I've gone through dozens of threads where "VIP" members are rude or condescending to "members" 'cause they haven't donated, none of those are from admins and mods. Still, I sent an email to RWGAdmin for instructions this afternoon, but now I'm totally turned off. If I were him and I was treated like this by the "VIP" members, I'd run.

I do not feel like I should respond where I am 1) not an expert 2) bombarded with questions I do not even understand like "fat hands".

That's understandable, but it takes more energy to rant about being bombarded with TWO messages, than it does to answer them politely explaining that you don't know the answer. You ever think that some people are not only new to this forum, but to all forums? as we all were at some point.

Oh, and by the way, me too I'm a VIP

Wow, my mommy told me I was special too!

Shouldn't the new person in the room be gracious ?

No, there are gracious hosts. Guests are guests until they are welcomed and feel welcome. You seem to be doing your best to make sure that doesn't happen.

That is all for this thread. I have nothing more to say

Sure it is.

We should have a template or generic post button. Something that says:

"Welcome __________ ! Enjoy your stay at RWG, please use the search button as it will answer any question you might have 99.7% of the time. Once your done there, it would be an honor for us and beneficila for you to upgrade your account to VIP..."

And welcome to the noob!!! :D

I'm sorry I should have been more clear. elwopo is the ex.

Who else could come down so hard on someone just for posting? This place is for fun after all.

LOL! :lol:

It's getting to be great fun watching people race to reply....having not read what has come before....and showing a complete lack of comprehension.

Race on speedposters....I'm going to fire up some more popcorn and sit back to enjoy the show.