When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Spoiled and uniterested RWG members?

Admin

We have a wealth of information here at RWG and we have many great contributors that spend many hours writing reviews, taking pictures, etc. It really makes me sad that it looks like people have stopped responding to these threads anymore. I think I read the same thing posted by Pugwash somewhere, but I would very strongly encourage our members to at least use the "thank you"-rating on these topics (uding our rating system) or even better is posting a post about how much you liked the review, what you liked or even post that you did not like it and why. Maybe this sounds silly, but it is always great to get feedback from the membership when you have spent hours writing up and interesting post, no matter what it is. Same goes of course for great photoes or other posts you just like for some reason. These posts are also a part of making this into a living and breathing community and sometimes can spark interesting discussions ;) So please, post your opinion or at the very least use the rating system on great posts. No matter what you do, it will make the posters feel their time is worthwhile and it will also make it easier for other/new members to find these great articles :tu:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If it weren't for the fact I love the sound of my own voice (well, the look of my own posts, I suppose) then I'd have found it difficult to still want to post reviews and photos.

You'd better all be glad I'm an arrogant and enthusiastic egotist that doesn't even know when it's time to stop, or I'd never get round to writing the Aquatimer review!

So go on, review posts, say "great post" or offer criticism. It's the internet, you're allowed an opinion, even if you know nothing!

Well, I've been wondering lately about the lack of response. But it's not only the replies that have decreased, it's also the overall "views".

I thought I did good job with the Daytona FAQ, but it got extremely mild response. Stephane sent me his watch for this exact purpose... to review the watch for the membership, and it only got just a few replies. Looks like there's no interest and enthusiasm in these older models at all... Daytona has no double AR or anything... :lol:

I know it will be useful for years to come (for the new members at least), so I don't really mind. But still, I have to wonder...

Ziggy's AWESOME breakdown of Zenith El Primero movement has about 350 views right now (after months of its initial release), which is a disgrace. SeaDweller 4000's review of the Cousteau is one of the best I've ever read... just a few replies. WTF!?

This forum has become very, very apathetic lately... and I guess we have to find new ways to "spark" the interest.

Edited by By-Tor

This forum has become very, very apathetic lately... and I guess we have to find new ways to "spark" the interest.

Don't worry, this past month was the height of summer holidays.

If any of you have been on forums, you know there is a considerable ebb in replies/seemingly thus "interest", by its membership.

Take heart people! By November this place will be off the hook. :)

If it weren't for the fact I love the sound of my own voice (well, the look of my own posts, I suppose) then I'd have found it difficult to still want to post reviews and photos.

You'd better all be glad I'm an arrogant and enthusiastic egotist that doesn't even know when it's time to stop, or I'd never get round to writing the Aquatimer review!

So go on, review posts, say "great post" or offer criticism. It's the internet, you're allowed an opinion, even if you know nothing!

:huh: GREAT POST :rolleyes: OR SOMEHTING :p

Dun be a Pug!

Oh wait, that was someone else's opinion.

I BE STEALIN' YUR BUCKET!

Or at least reading your interesting reviews.

Well worth the price of admission, and I'll even save a bit o me Speyside for ya if you ever make it to the colonies....

Also the post with "check out my new watch", wont get any replies.

Before and not so long tima ago you would get a couple of "nice watch", "good shots" or "I love that strap" replies.

Now you get almost nothing.

But on the other hand I know I have been a slacker replying too in the last couple of months. Ill promise to get better.

Ok, would you prefer the 111h or the Radiomir? Do you even know the difference? ;)
Nope. :p
Don't worry, this past month was the height of summer holidays.
It was the same in June and July I'm afraid. :(

Guys, I have been around alot - but it is summer time and not much has happened. We have all been awaiting the Rolex Sea Dweller, IWC Aquatimer, the Panerai Arktos GMT, etc. But it has been slow and not much exciting as driven interest. I am amazed that when the Arktos GMT and Northpole came out - there was no real response.

Perhaps it is because prices are going to the moon and we all have to be more picky about what we purchase?

I love the reviews By-tor, please keep them coming. I will get off my lazy butt a go back and post my opinions.

Well, I've been wondering lately about the lack of response. But it's not only the replies that have decreased, it's also the overall "views".

I thought I did good job with the Daytona FAQ, but it got extremely mild response. Stephane sent me his watch for this exact purpose... to review the watch for the membership, and it only got just a few replies. Looks like there's no interest and enthusiasm in these older models at all... Daytona has no double AR or anything... :lol:

I know it will be useful for years to come (for the new members at least), so I don't really mind. But still, I have to wonder...

The Zigmeister's AWESOME breakdown of Zenith El Primero movement has about 350 views right now (after months of its initial release), which is a disgrace. SeaDweller 4000's review of the Cousteau is one of the best I've ever read... just a few replies. WTF!?

I read the new FAQ and found it very informative (which is typical of your posts, By-Tor). I've mentioned before that my watch hobby tends to take a back seat to my motorcycle hobby during the warm months here in the States, so I don't post much during the summer. That being said, I've also been crushed the last couple weeks with wedding preparations for my wedding this past Friday, so that put even more of a strain on my free time.

I can't speak for others here, but I'm just as grateful for yours and others (like Pug, for instance) amazing contributions as I've ever been. Once things setting down around here and the weather starts getting colder again, my posting frequency will go up and I'll be sure to post a thank you under the appropriate reviews.

Thanks!!

SR

I love the reviews By-tor, please keep them coming. I will get off my lazy butt a go back and post my opinions.

If everyone could do that, I'd be happier. Pick a post by anyone and comment on it. :D

Hey, maybe Admin can bring back the Post Of The Month so By-Tor and I can fight over it! If we win the first couple, maybe everyone else will get off their arses and get posting and commenting to beat us!

No man... my posts don't need any "bumps". I was speaking generally... it's the general atmosphere which has been getting apathetic (for whatever reason). I was wondering why the interest has been going down... at the same time when the reps are better than ever before.

Occasionally we get new enthusiastic members like Vic... but not enough. Maybe the summer really has something to do with it... but I don't recall the forums being this slow in the previous summers.

As I have stated earlier ... but for the record... By-tor's review's have solidified my buy's with confidence.. thank you for your time..

and when members like Ziggy or Kruzer ... sssurfer post a review it is for me ... invaluable... summer is the time for travel and laying out.. so maybe RWG will start getting more traffic as the weather cools..

We have a wealth of information here at RWG and we have many great contributors that spend many hours writing reviews, taking pictures, etc. It really makes me sad that it looks like people have stopped responding to these threads anymore......

Yes, I agree. And its not just the lack of response to the 2 divas (I mean rep celebrities of course ;) ), even aspiring noobs with IMHO good picturetaking skills hardly get any response....

Like earlgrey-erfurt for example he posted a whole lot of nice pictures in the last couple of days, but response was very limited..... so he was wondering:

Thanks Nathan,

seems to me that you re the only one who likes it, Thank You!!!!

71 looks and only one reply

what happens?

so bad pics so ugly straps?

or do i somebody a bad thing

helmut

He had 9 pictures. Well made pictures nice setup, panerai catalouges in the back, even funny the last pic with the dog.

Still only 3 replies.... how much time and work and thought must he have put into this !?!

His next thread had 8 pictures in with a new artistic setup, good title... Also only 3 replies.

I think it deserves a little more.

.....I think I read the same thing posted by Pugwash somewhere, but I would very strongly encourage our members to at least use the "thank you"-rating on these topics (uding our rating system) or even better is posting a post about how much you liked the review, what you liked or even post that you did not like it and why. Maybe this sounds silly, but it is always great to get feedback from the membership when you have spent hours writing up and interesting post, no matter what it is. Same goes of course for great photoes or other posts you just like for some reason......

PW and BT probably know they are stars here in the repworld, (really NO offense, a lot of your posts are informative and inspiring) but a lot of new talent gets demotivated by not getting any or hardly any response I guess...

Its not just the "usual suspects" who dont get the response they deserve.

I will try to use the new rating system more often and replying to more posts which I enjoy even if I cant come up with some superwitty remark.

Edited by rolexsandwich

I only have one rep watch, but I have done alot of research on this site, and I have to say that By-Tor and Pugwash have helped me a TON, I don't always reply, but I try to most of the time...

You guys are great, but unfortunately, I think you may cost me alot of money... oh well...

Thanks...

Thanks Admin for this thread.

I couldn't agree more with you, By-Tor, RolexSandwich, Pug...

It takes hours, even days, to build a nice review and post pictures.

Wheter it's done by one of the "long term stars" or a fresh member, it allways deserve a comment.

I will be more attentive and post a comment each time I have read something.

The new rating system is cool but I would still recommend a "Thanks", "Disagree", "ugly watch but nice review" comment though.

Only communication will keep this place alive, not clicks on golden stars.

Cheers

Stephane

Maybe the summer really has something to do with it... but I don't recall the forums being this slow in the previous summers.

Well, after checking the stats (post-count), I can tell you that we had a lot more posts this July and August, compared to last year. Slowest month so far was May this year.