When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Are there no midsize (34mm) reps made?

BobM

I would have been interested in getting two midsize (34mm dia case) watches, but I cannot find any (except at scam sites offering bogus options).

There are so many nice watches in midsize, great for young men or for ladies ... or for those of us who - on certain occasions - want to wear a smaller, more discreet instrument on our wrists. I would have thought surely somebody would have produced rep components for mid size watches.

Air-Kings from Silix:

17mai_AirKing.jpg

Blue, Explorer Style dial ETA...

Air-King_sbox.jpg

Silver, Stick marker dial Asian movement.

Very nice watches, the blue one is on regular rotation. Sometimes I prefer just a simple, small watch. :)

The Explorer I is also considered to be a very good replica, similar in size to the Air-King but more sporty. It is just not very popular due to the size.

Yes. I guess anything between 28-37mm would be counted as "mid size" or intermediate size.

The Air King at 35mm is a beauty! While I am not a big Rolex fan (I do have a Rlx rep, though) that watch might cause me to re-consider on that one and perhaps plan to put it on my "to-buy" list.

However, I was really hoping to discover there are reps of the IWC Classic Pilot midsize (34mm) and the IWC Portofino midsize (also 34mm). I had both of those on my list, but have recently realized no such reps exist. I will have to consider going up to the IWC Classic Pilot Mark XV and the larger size of the Portofino. Having browsed today thru every collector/seller's web site I can find, I am obliged to conclude there just isn't a rep of those 34mm watches.

Miss Vicky is right now exploring what watch to select from among the IWCs. I have the Portofino on m list because she encouraged me to consider that, in an earlier thread. I had hoped to return the favor, with the 34mm. No such luck.

My browsing today may cause me to decide to replace the Pilot mark XV with the IWC fleiger ... or just add it to my list (Damn! That list is getting out of control!) :rolleyes:

Have fun!

Miss Vicky is right now exploring what watch to select from among the IWCs. I have the Portofino on m list because she encouraged me to consider that, in an earlier thread. I had hoped to return the favor, with the 34mm. No such luck.

In compensation, BobM, your reply to the thread has coughed up my next purchase from Silix -- that blue-dialed Air-King! Wow, I think I'll take two in fact. 28 Euro, can't beat that with a rubber mallet. :)

@Centurion: Great memory! When I joined in June, I scrolled back to all the Wristies since February. Of all the ones I recall, this one and a Photoshopped IWC (b&w background/IWC in colour relief) were the ones I most remember. Beautiful Chrgod!

Air-Kings from Silix:

17mai_AirKing.jpg

Blue, Explorer Style dial ETA...

Psst. Chrgod, just wanted to thank you for re-posting this photo. Just this moment paid Jay of Silix for the Air-King, and it'll be on its way to me soon!

I can't wait. Really, your photo was the only reason I bought this for dad. It looks so elegant. Thanks a lot. :)