When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

ebay seller ... how much is shiping?

lanikai

:o anything wrong with this picture ?

Subtotal: US $49.99 ...this is what I won the strap for

Shipping and handling: US $18.58 ... this is really high for a strap to be shiped ..

Shipping insurance (required): US $4.65 .. WOW.. is this strap gold ??

Seller discounts or charges:

--

Total: US $73.22

Ok .. I bid on a Breitling rubber (gen) divers strap for my SOSF,.. I WON THE ITEM FOR 49.99 ... i was really surprised .. (happily)

I got the invoice from the seller and OMG ... it happened to be the same "total" price as the "buy it" breitling strap I bought from another seller ..

I checked with ebay shipping.(coming from Cali) . it should have been 6.60 usd...for priority .. I paid about that for the breitling strap coming from the East Coast

so I messaged the seller with an inquiry about the difference.. now given my history ..LOL.. with messages I tried to be extra careful in my choice of words...

what I got back was in effect .. "Hey if you don't like it to bad"

Just wondering if anyone had a similar experience.... PS ..... I still bought it

It happens a lot and eBay keeps promising to tackle these guys who up the ante by over charging on postage, best suggestion is to contact the dispute section there is actually a pre-set question for excessive postage.

Ken

Should've checked shipping charges before bidding.

I did, and the formula was 6.60 ... regardless, for the item coming from Cali .. it could not have been more than 8 or 9 dollars .. the invoice the seller posted after I won over rode the ebay invoice i would have created after I won the item

Yeh,.. file a grievance and get a negative feedback

Yep, this BS goes on ALL the time.

I have had 3 negatives due to this........ the only safe way is to definetly have a mail stating the exact shipping cost, before the auction completes.

Just recently I had a guy quote me to ship a box of parts @ U$ 15.00.

When I got the invoice it was for U$50, for post.

When I complained he said, "Thats what it is going to cost"

I refused to pay, and received another negative.... still fighting that one.

It's just utter BS... but then we know all about ebay and their ethics and policies.

Offshore

You can appeal to ebay customer service, explaining the circumstances. Given that the seller calculated the cost of shipping differently than as presented on the product page, ebay will probably allow you to back out of the deal without penalty or a negative score. I made a similar appeal with this result on an ebay tranasaction that "just was not right".

They will not/cannot cause the seller to change his pricing, but they may give the seller some grief.

You can appeal to ebay customer service, explaining the circumstances. Given that the seller calculated the cost of shipping differently than as presented on the product page, ebay will probably allow you to back out of the deal without penalty or a negative score. I made a similar appeal with this result on an ebay tranasaction that "just was not right".

They will not/cannot cause the seller to change his pricing, but they may give the seller some grief.

I say, do the above, lanikai...

Some time ago I bought a case from RWG member. Case was for $US50, shipping for $US25 form USA to Europe, I agree with this. But when I got a package I was very disappointed because shipping cost was for $US3. I wright to seller and told him what I'm thinking about his misconduct. He told me that I agree with shipping cost and for him is nothing happend. Sorry for OT.

Edited by szumi

• 1 year later...

Certainly with ebay.co.uk and I can't think that ebay.com would be any different, sellers can no longer leave negative or neutral feedback. It has to be possitive or nothing at all.

This change doesn't apply to buyers who can continue to leave whatever feedback they like. So go ahead and don't worry about calling him a toe rag and rating him red.

Attack! Send him a box of chit. Not right away, wait a few months. Mail it when you are out of town so the post mark won't trace back.

Get a cheap calling card and awake him at 3am. Add spice to it. "Charlie get out of there, your house is on fire!"

etc...

Write a letter to his local hospital requesting general info. Use the letterhead on the response to inform him of his son's successful sex change operation.

One cannot rest until revenge 1,000 times over is extracted. Your peace of mind requires a response.