When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Big Bang Lite

andreww

An interesting development given the perceived value for money of the HBB.

Why use the old 21.6k 7750 though? This version is what gave asian 7750s their bad reputation in the first place, which the newer 28.8k version has still not shaken off. So did they have a job lot lying around? Either way, it's still $300 for an even more unreliable movt :brow:

The only way I'd overlook this, heart over mind, is if they actually made the most gorgeous HBB of all (and that's coming from someone who's not a fan of the HBB)....the Luna Rossa.

hbblunarossabr7.png

The Luna Rossa is second only to the Ice Bang. In the near future I hope they figure out how to equip these $500 dollar jems with more comfortable straps. One would think that they would spend an extra $5.00 USD to do this :rolleyes:

Edited by TWP

Personally I applaud Angus for taking this initiative, I do however believe that the manufacturer made a conscious decision to equip the watch with the old movement and no AR so that the far more expensive versions could still (in some small way) be justified.

Ken

Remember - The Zigmeister does do the modification to make this fit a 7750 Swiss - the hand pinions fit too.

How does he workaround the subdial arrangement? :huh: You saying he will recreate the 12-to-3 transfer gearing? Really? Honestly I would be very surprised given his general (and logical) thoughts on these type of tinkered-with movts, although I admit I may not be up to speed on 7750 mods he has done recently.

How does he workaround the subdial arrangement? :huh: You saying he will recreate the 12-to-3 transfer gearing? Really? Honestly I would be very surprised given his general (and logical) thoughts on these type of tinkered-with movts, although I admit I may not be up to speed on 7750 mods he has done recently.

What The Zigmeister will do is use a Swiss ETA 7750 but also use the transfer gears from the asian 7750 and a few other parts.

This will make a kind of 7753 layout, but will have a recessed date wheel, but this is no problem on the HBB as it also has a recessed date wheel.

This is fantastic news!!!!!

AR can be done via chieftang

For Swiss ETA 7750 movements i can still get them at $300

And Ziggy can do the mods!

I like it when a plan comes together!

Unfortunately I believe I read somewhere that Ziggy has used up his spare Asian 7750 parts doing this and was not keen to continue with this mod, someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Ken

i don't think The Zigmeister will do that kind of mod anymore. I think i have asked him once before and he declined to do the

mod.

do asia high beat movement and ar coating justify the $300 difference?

It's not a $300 price difference. Not even close. None of these watches have the ceramic bezel of the $700+ rep HBB's. The 'regular' HBB on Andrew's site with steel bezel, 28.8 bph Asian 7750, and double AR is $428.00. Angus's 'economy' version of the same watch with steel bezel, 21.6 bph old Asian 7750, and no AR is $268.00. That's a difference of $160.00. Andrew's price on the 'regular' HBB with rose gold bezel is $448. Angus's 'economy' version is $288, again, a difference of $160.00.

For $160.00, yes, I'd rather have the better movement and the AR. And there is no 'economy' ceramic bezel version.

And The Zigmeister can do the mods!

I like it when a plan comes together!

Didn't you find there is a "new" version of the 21k Asian 7750 in the IWC 3717? Do the hands still fit onto a genuine Swiss ETA 7750 with no modification?