When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Latest on Hublot Ceramic watches

hambone

I am glad I purchased my Hublot BB when I did, it is truly a maginficent watch, and the 798.00 paid was well worth it.

I communicated with Andrew and the reason he has pulled his ceramic bezel Big Bang watches is because the manufacturer is raising the price $200.00 more. Andrew, (and Joshua) find this unfortunate and must follow suit by raising their prices.

REVISION...

Yesterday when I posted this, I was told and I saw that the ceramic bezel versions of the HBB were pulled from their site. (A&J). I was led to believe that they would not be selling them at those high prices as a matter of principle. It looks like now I was wrong and I am sorry about that.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some members of the board have been saying all along that the way to control prices is to refuse to pay when the price seems too high. It sounds as if Andrew and Joshua are simply doing what other board members have already done.

It will be interesting to see whether the factory reacts to this line drawn in the sand -- or will members (along with consumers who are not members of these boards) undercut Andrew and Joshua's action by shopping elsewhere and paying the higher price.

I think none of us should expect our dealers will act other than in their own best [long term] interests. However, that doesn't mean their interests cannot be aligned with ours, with their customers. Indeed, that is the only way it can work, in the long run ... that our interests and our suppliers' interests are both served in every traansaction.

And aren't we all pleased when - most times - it works like that.

Hi,

as you maybe know, new HBB versions will be available soon, for about 300 dollars, using a PVD coated bezel instead of the ceramic one. Who would buy the expensive ceramic bezel then ? Some "purists" I guess. Those very same who would expect a gen 7750 in the rep. Needless to say that's not the majority.

The other explanation is also that since Hublot seem to have hit their ceramic bezel supplier quite seriously, it is likely that the source of "genuine fake bezels" has vanished. Therefore the version as we know it will probably not be produced anymore. That's just a guess, but make sense IMO, as I have difficulties thinking that the choice of carrying this or that model is related to an acceptable sales price. 800 was already not acceptable for some (which I belong to).

See the glass half empty or half full. :)

As far as I'm concerned, I'm glad we finally see an affordable HBB coming. Because that's a damn sexy watch !

I hope that those who are so adamant that these fellows have no scruples will view this action as one of looking out for us, the consumers, and drawing a line when it is clear that something unreasonable is afoot.

What flavour hat would you like to eat?

http://www.trustytime88.com/index.php?main...roducts_id=1385

Oops.

heres something to think about....

what i would like to know is...if this so called shortage of ceramic bezels is true why are they consistently releasing new hbb's with the ceramic bezel. they are releasing the gold tuiga version and the cappuccino version...both have the ceramic. shortage????? then why continuously release more and more hbbs hbb's????

Here is something I don't understand.. if Andrew and Josh are forced to sell the HBB at $1000 than what are they paying for these watches?..... $500? $600? $700? .... even $800?

I don't believe the wholesale price of this watch is that high... it's China for crying out loud.

Maybe the watchmaker increased the price from $10 to $210 :bangin:

Edited by Rolexman

Here is something I don't understand.. if Andrew and Josh are forced to sell the HBB at $1000 than what are they paying for these watches?..... $500? $600? $700? .... even $800?

I don't believe the wholesale price of this watch is that high... it's China for crying out loud.

Maybe the watchmaker increased the price from $10 to $210 :bangin:

I'm willing to bet 50% of the COST is the ceramic bezel. We used to order ceramic bishings and eyelets where I worked, and they ranged from $60-300US. But that was zero-tolerance specs for an industrial application. So lets put these at $150. Add $10 for a decorated rotor, and $275 for the watch with sapphire and double AR (The latest BCE, though I'm sure the BCE costs a lot more than the HBB to produce), and we're still under $500 - and those are RETAIL assumptions.

I think it comes down this. They see n00bs come in complaining about the $1200 rep they got from euro or bluefakes. Then they look at some of the members' extensive collections. Several members brag about how many gens they own in addition to their reps. So they figure if 10% of the active members on 4 boards can afford to buy 7 or 8 $300+ reps a year, then surely there are a few (insert whatever here) that will pony up $1000 for this watch. That way they can raise the steel versions to $600+ and put the lite version in at around $400.

When I saw how many people jumped at the SOSF at almost $400 shipped (I know it's a nice watch, but as far as the sum of its parts go...) I knew this was coming. I'm waiting for Teejay to jump in with his "I told you so!"

It's true we are guessing, argueing and supposing a lot... without knowing. But one thing is sure : the "we thought that price is too high" is not a white lie, it's close to BS (sorry). The proof for that is that they're back for sales at what was just asserted as an indecent price for the valuable consumers we represent... :rolleyes:

Did I miss something ? :mellow: