When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Bond, James Bond

steely

The problem that occurs with this Silix Version is that the crown tube will be stripped in a sec and the crystal is cheap plastic. So order the Silix Bond Version and the Silix Milgauss Version. Take the Crystal, Case, Tube and Crown from the Milgauss and the dial from the Bond and you're done.

I find it impossible to get a page of images out of the Silix web site. It takes forever to load the initial page and then maybe one or two images will appear and the rest are broken.

K.

Yes, I also get frustrated with Silix's website. Angel & Jay should do something about it, as I'm sure this deter customers from buying from them. :(

The problem that occurs with this Silix Version is that the crown tube will be stripped in a sec and the crystal is cheap plastic. So order the Silix Bond Version and the Silix Milgauss Version. Take the Crystal, Case, Tube and Crown from the Milgauss and the dial from the Bond and you're done.

I have been thinking about doing that for the last 4 months. Those two were the first reps I bought when I joined the old RWG. I was going to do it, but sold the Milgauss to a co-worker.

Great looking watch!

Edited by miquel

After viewing this thread, I decided to try out my new NATO strap (from Veni) on my WM1680. I had to laugh, because it was the first time I noticed the Polex markings on the watch case. Why not the extra line to finish the "R"? Anyway, I really like the NATO strap.

I'm going to pickup one of those bond and military subs to kick around. Thanks for sharing.

On bond sub isn't that T16?

The milgauss is on "rolex/other" on the silixwatch web site, it has already drilled lug holes...

http://www.silixwatch.com/product.asp?id=627

but the case looks thicker and the crown is wrong: triplock

best is to use the bezel from the milgauss, the case and dial from the bond sub and drill the lug holes but it's a tough task! I did not managed to drill trought the silix bond

@leitztozeiss

Just mix ROL 079 with ROL 187. OK, it's the thicker case and the triplock. But it's waterproof, the tube doesn't strip after two days and the crystal is quite nice for a bond sub (see pics above). It's work for just a quarter of an hour.

Edited by steely

Steely:

Only problem is silixwatch does not offer the ROL187 anymore.

:angry:

@leitztozeiss

Just mix ROL 079 with ROL 187. OK, it's the thicker case and the triplock. But it's waterproof, the tube doesn't strip after two days and the crystal is quite nice for a bond sub (see pics above). It's work for just a quarter of an hour.

Edited by ob_1