When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

IWC Rant

eunomians

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I hope you're enjoying the Ingenieur :group:

For those with the SS GST Chrono and the Ingenieur, swap the clasps on these 2 and you have improved accuracy on both - GST should have pearlage, and Ingenieur shouldn't :thumbsupsmileyanim:

• 1 month later...
I hope you're enjoying the Ingenieur :group:

For those with the SS GST Chrono and the Ingenieur, swap the clasps on these 2 and you have improved accuracy on both - GST should have pearlage, and Ingenieur shouldn't :thumbsupsmileyanim:

The clasp on the Inge is wider (20mm) than the clasp on the GST (18mm), so a swap is not possible.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow. I'm glad I found this thread! I too am desperately searching for a Mark XV rep. I'm considering the $198 model currently available at Trusty Time [iWC0017A], Perfect-Clones [iW10020], and WO Mart [W-2323].

The problems with the rep are obvious. The second hand is silver rather than white, the hour hand is too fat, and the lume on the minute hand is not quite correct. Also, the case is supposedly 12mm thick, rather than 10.5mm, and the case back doesn't have the correct markings.

Is anyone aware of a more accurate version out there now, or on the horizon? With the (unappealing looking) gen Mark XVI already on the market, I sort of doubt anyone will bother to make a new rep of the Mark XV.

I've been waiting a long time for a Mark XV. Should I just pull the trigger, or would it be worthwhile to wait for a better verison???

TIA

• 1 year later...

I just thought i would resurect this old thread to highlight the fact that we have been waiting for ever for a decent MK XV and XVI rep, come on makers these are soo simple for you to make well, just do it!