When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New MBW on Josh's site?

bosk

Looks like the MBW Patek jumbo is on Josh site!

Can't wait to see the price on this one.

-bosk

Josh does NOT sell MBWs nor does he have them on his website.

MBWs are actually MBKs and they are made and produced in thailand.

From my understanding, most of Josh's reps are sourced and produced in China.

I have owned several MBW/MBKs and the quality is outstanding.

OK here is the Josh version:

joshpatek.jpg

Here is the Gen:

genpatek.jpg

Notice that Josh's have the bi-level edge on the date window.....the MBW do NOT have this bi-leveling from what I can tell by the pics.

Still.... it seems like Josh's version opens up from the front too since I see no way of removing the caseback.

Josh version has sec hand, extra dot marker at 3:00 (?), and thick markers...still not bad.

Looking forward to a review of this one.

-bosk

MBK is still the way to go...

Just a FYI....looking at the MBK version, dot markers are missing from 11-1 o'clock too (black version) and it suffers from the crown being deep in the case from what i can tell via pics. 3:00 dot marker is missing which correct according to gen.

-bosk

PP0044 - JUMBO Nautilus 42mm (So Called MBW) - Swiss ETA 2824

- Swiss ETA 2824-2 Automatic

- Available in 9 Dial options

- This is the so called JUMBO NAUTILUS 42MM MBW Edition

- Sapphire Glass

- OUR PRICE: USD318

thats the description from andrew's site.. why do they keep doing these false marketing? :S

Tempting : I've learnt to like this watch after our members reviews some months ago (together with the AP RO).

That make this unique Patek model a bit more affordable, even if it's not an MBK.

Unfortunately still a bit overpriced : should be more in the 250 range.

I found an Asian 21J with display caseback on cqout. Might be an option, although it's still expensive for an Asian movement and not as accurate from the crown point of view.

Hope the closed case one also comes with this Asian 21J. It would do the job, as I don't expect such a simple movement to fail.

http://www.cqout.com/item.asp?id=3069803

Mods, delete my link if it's against the boards policy.

Must be not too difficult for a watchsmith to remove the seconds hand and make it further more unique.

Here's the non jumbo version : http://www.cqout.com/item.asp?id=3018062

And guess what : the seller is from BKK.

Tempting : I've learnt to like this watch after our members reviews some months ago (together with the AP RO).

That make this unique Patek model a bit more affordable, even if it's not an MBK.

I found an Asian 21J with display caseback on cqout. Might be an option, although it's still expensive for an Asian movement and not as accurate from the crown point of view.

Hope the closed case one also comes with this Asian 21J. It would do the job, as I don't expect such a simple movement to fail.

Must be not too difficult for a watchsmith to remove the seconds hand and make it further more unique.

Check out the crowns. they are way of. if i bought all 3 version, i could mock up a pretty accurate one :D :D

the crown of these ones are terrible !!

hahahah

really terrible!!

i've got a lot of time ago the MBK one from a really good man .....( tnks another time leo.... you are in my mind...)

the MBW one is different ( the case... the back.... the crown...) after taking off the second hand become a really good replica... no more modding required for me ( i could only think to change the movement with a better one...cause the eta inside have no soul....)

try to find a better one...

M

I own one of the MBK Nautilus's. A beautiful timepiece.

It has no screw down crown. The 'Swiss Made' is incorrect. It should read 'Swiss', like the fake of the fake'.

Jumbo's are 42mm. Jumbo's have no seconds hand.

3800/1A's which have unconnected dots are only 39mm but have a seconds hand.

The newly released 5711 are 43mm, have a seconds hand, but also have a sapphire case back and gold rotor.

NONE of the currently released nautilus's are correct to any of the gen's, other than the 3710's which have roman numerals, and a seconds hand, and say 'Swiss' like the new fake of the fake.

If absolute replication of the gen possiblities are what you are looking for, then you are out of luck.

Best bet would be to buy one of the fake of the fakes, one of the MBK's, and then switch dials to the 'Swiss' put it in the MBK, and cut off the seconds hand.

And of course it has to be the dial that has the unconnected dots, no dot at the three location, and it all has to fit together with a 'decent' ETA.

Got that?

I own one of the MBK Nautilus's. A beautiful timepiece.

It has no screw down crown. The 'Swiss Made' is incorrect. It should read 'Swiss', like the fake of the fake'.

Jumbo's are 42mm. Jumbo's have no seconds hand.

3800/1A's which have unconnected dots are only 39mm but have a seconds hand.

The newly released 5711 are 43mm, have a seconds hand, but also have a sapphire case back and gold rotor.

NONE of the currently released nautilus's are correct to any of the gen's, other than the 3710's which have roman numerals, and a seconds hand, and say 'Swiss' like the new fake of the fake.

If absolute replication of the gen possiblities are what you are looking for, then you are out of luck.

Best bet would be to buy one of the fake of the fakes, one of the MBK's, and then switch dials to the 'Swiss' put it in the MBK, and cut off the seconds hand.

And of course it has to be the dial that has the unconnected dots, no dot at the three location, and it all has to fit together with a 'decent' ETA.

Got that?

agree for the dial but without the second hand the MBW one is more similar to the vintage jumbo and this was my intent....mixing dials could be a good idea... anybody know the price of these from josh?

for the crown of this new one... it's terrible...i confirm

for the dot problem could be interesting to take it off (as for the second one) it's not a difficult mod to make... cause is only painted....

however we knows they are only reps ...but my upgrading session of ony reps i hown start from the will i want to make them more similar....

the only facts is that it's better starting from a good case than starting from a wrong one...but if must buy two different of them to mix them to have one closer to the gen it's not a problem

a little bit info for all

jumbo 3700 haven't the second hand......3700 = hour/min

3700 is 42mm from '70/'80 has the movement projected by jaeger (same movement of royal oak...)

3800 is tiny 37mm ... it has a patek movement

5711 is 43mm is the new one has a differt case with glass on the back....

these are the gen 3700 jumbo

278026-1927.jpg

278026-1928.jpg