When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

MBW 1665 info req.

rosnik

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

about extra mods.......... ;)

Do this gen plexy fit in MBW 1665??

Is it correct?

Thank you for your kind help guys!

Rosnik,

The correct crystal would be a Tropic 39 (much debate as to a flat or domed style being original the the White SD), but this should fit as well but the T19 crytal is not as tall as a T39 and the bezel the 1665 is thicker than a sub.

Here is a comparison shot between the T19 and T39 superdome versions as well as the bezel height to give you a better idea.

DSCN4018.jpg

that caseback is much better than mine.. yours doesnt say SHITINERLAND inside it like mine does ha ha ha :crazy:

Engraving outside looks a little thicker also...

You will for sure need to swap in a gen tube if you want to install a gen crown.

I am planning to order a 1680 from Paso soon.. i just got all the info from him today. His prices are pretty good and he has them in stock!

Lonnie

Ah, you beat me to it Stephane :D

:lol: ... I was wearing the genuine flat T39 GW at that moment (and still do) so couldn't resist to say it ... :lol:

Soon I will wear that 250$ Super Dome...my god.

I touched the thing when it arrived and couldn't believe I paid that kind of money for a simple piece of plastic :o

But seing how a genuine flat looks on a SD GW, I can't wait to see a genuine Super Dome on a SR SD :wub:

Look at these reflects and distortions :thumbsupsmileyanim:

RolexSeaDwellerGreatWhite_800_29.jpg

Rosnik and all.

I will for sure do this pleasure to all 1665 owners but I do not have the SR SD with the Super dome fitted back yet from my dear friend MM.

Believe me, I'm the first one to want to compare...

I'm not sure if I'm looking to save further $ or not, but, hey I had a very very bad experience with the Super Domes.

I bought two and they never arrived.

I waited for 50 days before putting a claim to PP, which of course is too late.

The seller said he sent them but couldn't track them.

As I always try to be nice, allthough I'm a very bad boy :angry2: , I said, "well let's share the loss and send me only one as a replacement".

Stupid me.

Curiously, that replacement arrived safely, using the same shipping method.

So, I now think the first package has never been sent for two reasons:

1) the second package (with only one replcament tropic thus) hit me in 5 business days from Australia to Belgium (simple mail, no EMS or Fedex)

2) The seller, presenting him self as a very well know and respected seller, does not answer my mails anymore since I told him pack 2 arrived.

My conclusion is: he lost a lot of money in poker, drugs or girls and became a scammer or he simply is stupid sending a "replacement" package using the same untrackable method and hoping I will believe him that the first one is lost forever.

If only he answered my last mails, I would give him the benefit of doubt.

Now, I say he is a scammer.

So, back to the pictures. I will shoot some, be patient.

In the meantime, here one of my favorite angle ....

RolexSeaDwellerGreatWhite_800_16.jpg

Thank you for pictures and precious info guys! :clap2:

I LOVE THAT T39 Superdome :cc_arabia:

So, there are around two tropic types all called T39:

1 - more high than standard MBW but flat (1680 like )

2 - more high than standard MBW with curved shape ( superdome ) -

Now to not get me in confusion, do you have the correct reference Rolex number?

@Stephane: I can sure understand your worlds, hi have a lot of terrific experience with postal buy and shipping. :bangin:

But sometime I find some correct persons too, and I find to buy from them only.

@Rosnik: both are tropic 39 with same reference; superdome was used by rolex in '70s, aprox in the DR and the "rail dial" era. After that rlx uses the non-superdome or flat T39 (in the great white SD).

20 years ago (at least in Spain) rolex started to replace the superdome for the flat T39 when you asked a crystal change during the service of your watch, so currently you could find red seadweller with both types, superdome and flat.

Now is almost impossible to find a superdome in any AD worlwide, that the main reason about the increasing prices. Owners prefer to buy a non-AD superdome instead a AD flat T39 .

hope this helps...

toni

Rosnik,

I can't find my pix of a flat T39 compared to the superdome, but here is the flat version vs. the superdome of a T19. The Tropic 39 variations will be very similar in appearence, although the flat dome T39 is just as tall as the superdome.

There are no other reference numbers than Tropic 39 that I know of, you'll have to ask when shopping around if it's a superdome or flat dome.

DSCN4069.jpg

That looks like a modern crown in the auction. The 1665 crown should have slightly different markings. The older crowns also seem to narrow more noticably where they meet the case. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Does anyone know if the older crown will fit to the modern tube? I ask because the crown seems to be easier to find than the tube.

Steve.

Solver the T39 problem,

I ordered one jet. :cc_surrender:

Now I'm thinking to replace the tube and the crown in MBW1665.

I find this action :

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=330167996307

Do you think are GEN or copy?

thank you.

:wiggle:

Rep for sure, the tube is not beveled either where it meets the case.

Try Jewelerstools on the Bay, he sells 7030 crowns in singles or multiples. Clarks or Raymondleejeweler have very excellent aftermarket tubes that work fine.