When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

is your noobmariner waterproof?

arminvanbuuren

hi i just saw these kinds of thread in the omega section for the UPO.. so i would like to know how your experience is with the noobmariner.. did you have luck with its waterproofness? or it leaks like a tap? :)

i'm ordering one right now so i hope to get it next week.. so i don't have a result yet.. but please share your experience with the waterproofness of the rolex noobmariner

Straight out of the box with no mods, my noobmariner has withstood the beach, pools, hot tubs and saunas. I actually enjoy pushing the limits with it, just to see how far it will go. I've taken if from cols water to 104 degree water and back. It's a suprisingly well built rep.

• 2 months later...
When you guys say it can withstand swimming,showering,etc...Did you guys do any mods to it like seal the inside?

Just to update this thread, my Beginmariner from Josh...after getting the right one with the proper F520117 caseset, has not been tested by a machine, but has survived swimming and showering a number of times with no problems.

I did not do anything to the watch. The gasket on the tube was present...didn't grease it...just screwed the crown in tight. As to the caseback...I stuck a rubber glove on the back and turned it is tight as I could get it with my hands (and it didn't move a millimeter).

I took the leap of faith and after a few sessions of swimming (no more than 2m deep) for a couple hours each session...no leaks...no problems...all good!

My gut feeling is, any NON-Chrono watch with a screw in crown (and screw in HEV for that matter) will likely be water resistant enough for swimming. Diving is a different issue.

Add in chrono pushers to the equation and it's a crap shoot...