When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Check out the new dual-tourbillon from sea-gull

slickdick

I dunno. If one is good, then shouldn't two be better?

Well rumor states that a tourby is more a technical archievement then practically gaining accuarcy in time measurement over an normal escape assembly, so my guess would be twice as crappy.... but i cant say because i dont know crap about watch movements ;)

Edited by slickdick

Sorry, but that does nothing for me at all. Infact, I'd go so far as to say that the 2nd toubillon spoils the symmetry and flow of the design. Innovative, definitely, but in terms of practicality, as mentioned above, "What's the point?" It's complication for complication's sake, so doesn't really appeal...

I dunno. If one is good, then shouldn't two be better?

Yes...twice a likely to break.

Tourbis add absolutely nothing to the accuracy of a wristwatch...they are complete window dressing, in fact, a strong argument can be made that they detract significantly from accurate running.

I want a GP TGB Tourbi Pocket watch...what are there, like 12 survivors from the 20+ Constant Girrard made...they go for like $2.5-3.0 million. Tourbis on a wrist watch???? Like putting a small steam engine on a 12 cylinder race car just to run the windshield wipers.

Some models are availeble on ebay, this model however, i have not seen yet.

I would not be suprised if soon a fantasy dual tourby Brequet rep will show up on some dealers site....

This is the only similar Sea Gull watch I've seen in ebay. Price is 250USD shipped.

post-4958-1190396750_thumb.jpg

That one's not a tourbillon, just a regular automatic with the spring exposed. I think you can find Sea-gull tourbillons for around $700-1000 if you're lucky enough to stumble on one.

No it's not. That's why I referred to it as "similar." Regardless, it's a nice looking watch. Go to Sea Gull's home page and it shows it immediately. Of course I can't read one thing on the site, but, the pix are pretty good.

Well rumor states that a tourby is more a technical archievement then practically gaining accuarcy in time measurement over an normal escape assembly, so my guess would be twice as crappy.... but i cant say because i dont know crap about watch movements ;)

Go and do some reasearch come back and then coment when you know what a torbillion actualy does, or did when they were first designed.

Go and do some reasearch come back and then coment when you know what a torbillion actualy does, or did when they were first designed.

Actually i did. That is how i drew my conclusion, however that doens not make me an expert right?

Please be so kind to return te favor and go out, do some research, en come back when you know the difference between Tourbillon and Tourbillion, then ill be more then happy to discuss with you wheter it is usefull or not or when the baby was born... lighten up.

It's complication for complication's sake, so doesn't really appeal...

That makes all the fun to my eyes...

I'd love a Tourbillon. They cost between 500 and 1000 dollars from dealers.

So I can't imagine the Double Tourby's one (sound like a Kamasutra's chapter... :lol:)

Guys stop fighting for something that can be settled by getting the info from Wiki:

Tourbillon

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A tourbillon (IPA: [toɹ bi ˈjɑn], French for "whirlwind") is a type of mechanical clock or watch escapement invented in 1795 by Abraham-Louis Breguet that is designed to counter the effects of gravity and other perturbing forces that can affect the accuracy of a chronometer. This is accomplished by mounting the escapement in a rotating frame, so that the effect of gravity cancels out when the escapement is rotated 180