When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

SFSO AD test

FxrAndy

Now i know the rules and normaly keep to them but i just had to do an AD test with this one. I went to an AD that was a jewlers as well as opposed to a out and out watch place, no the sales staff dont really know that much but i asked about a leather band for the SFSO and the lady asked to see the watch, duely i handed it over and she took it in the back room to check with someone as to the sise. A good 10 mins later she returned with the watch and cataloge (phew) to see if it was the calf leather one i was after. I said yes and off she went to get one. I have to say the rep strap feels far better than the gen! i am not joking the rep one feels nicer. The only difference i could see is that where the sizes are stamped in to the strap on the gen it was not as deep as the rep and looked to be coloured black as well.

Now please every one dont all run off to the local AD waving your SFSO under their noses especialy the asian non AR one as it will get picked up in a sec, and the AD i was in was not full of WISes it was a sales outlet full of nice ladied who sell earings to rich people. Next time i will try a better shop and if i do get picked up i will blame ebay (but i doupt i will get picked up). The moral of this story is you dont have to worry TOO much about going into an AD but please dont rub it in and tell them all it is a rep if you do.

So now flame a way, i just had to test it!

I have to say the rep strap feels far better than the gen! i am not joking the rep one feels nicer.

cognitive dissonance :)

The gen strap is much nicer than the rep.. the gen screams quality. The rep strap has the markings stamped in, these will fade away after some wearing.... the gen strap on the other hand is branded (that's why the markings somehow look black)and the markings will not fade away.

Edited by Rolexman

Yes. But what if they did and brought it out in pieces like this vigilante group?

YouTube - How We Do When We See A Fake Panerai

Updated: 09/22/2007 22:59:44

There is no shame in ignorance. I could not see but was the Breitling on his wrist a rep :p

cognitive dissonance :)

The gen strap is much nicer than the rep.. the gen screams quality. The rep strap has the markings stamped in, these will fade away after some wearing.... the gen strap on the other hand is branded (that's why the markings somehow look black)and the markings will not fade away.

Well if you offered me the rep and gen leather strap that felt yestrday i would choose to wear the rep, branded or stamped, it just feels nicer to me!

Well if you offered me the rep and gen leather strap that felt yestrday i would choose to wear the rep, branded or stamped, it just feels nicer to me!

Yes, but does the rep rubber strap have "caoutchouc" stamped on the back?

Before you ask me what it is:

caoutchouc - an elastic material obtained from the latex sap of trees (especially trees of the genera Hevea and Ficus) that can be vulcanized and finished into a variety of products.

or simply, French for "rubber"

WHOOPS! All this time I haven't been reading the thread throughly. Now that I see it, it says "calf" strap.

Andy, how does the rep strap feel on you? I have a gen, but the bases on both ends are so thick that they don't allow me to go to the last loop.

Thanks for the info Andy.

Thanks for making me watch the retards with the power nailer George...

Let's see drop it three times, then take three or four swings to actually set off the charge (show off the REPLOMAT while trying) ... stupid, clumsy AND weak. Live in a trailer that cost less than watch yer dumber than you buddies think it is... uhuh.

Well I hope the rep straps stand the test of time like they do on the gens.

Some might think that it is crazy they charge $125 and $280 for their calf and croc (respectively), but they don't age quickly, show no stress lines (or much of it) when bent or stain quickly when wet.

I've always considered buying rep straps for the sake of variety, but these are deciding factors.

I have a gen strap (calf) on my BCE,it is far better quality then the rep strap i have on my SFSO...look and feel is much different...worth the few bucks,especially if its on a good rep.... B)