When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Here is some great advise....Buy a Beginmariner!

perry563

After 2 years of buying all sorts of reps, mostly Rolex, I finally bought a Beginmariner. I already own a MBW modern Sub, TW best, several MBW vintage Subs etc. Let me tell you that the Beginmariner with the asian movement sold by Joshua is beyond an outstanding value. It is in reality the best rep sub one can buy. Why? The band is perfect, how the band fits against the case and between the lugs is perfect, dial is perfect, hands are perfect, date mag position is perfect, date mag is close to perfect, CG are very close to perfect, sweep of the second hand is smooth as silk, bezel and insert are close to perfect, weight and feel are perfect. ALL for 110 or so bucks!

This watch has the fewest nagatives of any sub I own. This includes the MBW modern Sub. The negatives are...sharp bracelet edges but most rolex subs have this issue, pimplish pearl but this can be fixed, slightly shallow rehaut but not bad really. Thats it folks. If you are into modding your reps then the MBW is the way to go. However if you just the best out of the box Sub THIS watch is the way to go! Trust me.

hi

What is beginmariner?

After 2 years of buying all sorts of reps, mostly Rolex, I finally bought a Beginmariner. I already own a MBW modern Sub, TW best, several MBW vintage Subs etc. Let me tell you that the Beginmariner with the asian movement sold by Joshua is beyond an outstanding value. It is in reality the best rep sub one can buy. Why? The band is perfect, how the band fits against the case and between the lugs is perfect, dial is perfect, hands are perfect, date mag position is perfect, date mag is close to perfect, CG are very close to perfect, sweep of the second hand is smooth as silk, bezel and insert are close to perfect, weight and feel are perfect. ALL for 110 or so bucks!

This watch has the fewest nagatives of any sub I own. This includes the MBW modern Sub. The negatives are...sharp bracelet edges but most rolex subs have this issue, pimplish pearl but this can be fixed, slightly shallow rehaut but not bad really. Thats it folks. If you are into modding your reps then the MBW is the way to go. However if you just the best out of the box Sub THIS watch is the way to go! Trust me.

...after almost 3 years of buying reps i also decided to buy a budgetmariner (what is a budgetmariner? see at the end...) but again another rep jumped into and have to postpone it again

Seems that this watch is haunted for me :p

------------------------

budgetmariner=a cheap submariner of course :D

Edited by spa

I have a 3 weeks old Beginmariner and it does not have that problem. Date font is very good...spot on.

Hi there perry563. How does the case size compare to the gen? I noticed Josh measured it 41mm across. The gen is 40mm. Can you notice this difference?

I myself am very interested in his beginmariner, but just slightly concerned about the size.

watch out for the nasty conical rehaut, incorrect date window placement, bad crown guards and not as good bracelet as the true "Noobmariner"... The end links on the Noob are made better. Rocsen is right, they are slightly differences between suppliers so make sure you look at the pics carefully and verify that you are getting the exact watch pictured.

Lonnie

Just bare in mind, the ones offered by Josh and TTK are slightly different.

I noticed the little lume circle on second hand is a little too far, almost touching the hour markers on Josh's version. Know what I mean? Nitpicking I know :-P

watch out for the nasty conical rehaut, incorrect date window placement, bad crown guards and not as good bracelet as the true "Noobmariner"... The end links on the Noob are made better. Rocsen is right, they are slightly differences between suppliers so make sure you look at the pics carefully and verify that you are getting the exact watch pictured.

Rehaut is a lil shallow but not bad at all.

Date window placement is spot on. Date mag is not bad at all....alomost perfect Font is good and not thick as we have seen in some pictures.

CG are not perfect but are VERY good.

Bracelet is the best I have seen on any rep sub. Fit into the case between the lugs is PERFECT.As I have stated I own a MBW, TW best etc and this sub has the fewest defects out of the box than any of these. Add to this that the second hand movement is SMOOTH just like a swiss eta.

I just compared the date mag of my Beginmariner, TW best and MBW. The Begin and TW best have the same font and mag. MBW has slightly more magnification. I will be getting a NOOBmariner from Narikaa I hope sometime this week. It will be interesting to see how the BEGIN and NOOB compare. I really cannot imagine how it could be BETTER than the Beginmariner.

One of the things that bothers me the most about most sub (all Rolex reps really) is the poor fit where the end links attach to the case and between the lugs. The TW best I have the very tips of the end links stick up slightly higher than the lugs...poor fit and finish. Even my new MBW the fit here is not perfect....better but not perfect. The BEGINMARINER is P E R F E C T in this regard. No gaps and the end links fit flush in between the lugs and against the case. So right away its better than TW best and MBW. Band is perfect aside from sharp link edges. Dial is perfect, hands are perfect. Date mag and font are very close to perfect. I hate to keep going on and on but if I would have bought this BEGINmariner 2 years ago (assuming it would have been the same watch with the same level of quality) I dont think I would have bought so many subs.

The only difference between the noobmariner and the beginmariner is the asian 21j movement inside. . The case, dial and bracelet are the same. Just check the ubiquitous serial number, F520117, it's on all of these watches- even the TT models!

There are small variations like the thick date font on some of the begins, small pearls from time to time and variations on the crown guards, but cg's are a far sight better than they were a couple of years ago and still improving from what I've seen recently.

The only difference between the noobmariner and the beginmariner is the asian 21j movement inside. . The case, dial and bracelet are the same. Just check the ubiquitous serial number, F520117, it's on all of these watches- even the TT models!

There are small variations like the thick date font on some of the begins, small pearls from time to time and variations on the crown guards, but cg's are a far sight better than they were a couple of years ago and still improving from what I've seen recently.

Can one really read into that serial number? They can put anything they want there. Make it the same as a famous supplier, and increase sales. The Beginmariner case is measured at 41mm. Can someone please measure a Noobmariner?

Apart from the differences you mentioned, the rehaut is also more polished on TTK's Noobmariner. I am certain they are not from the same manufacturer. They just label them as noob/beginmariners cos they know it will push sales.

I have acquired 2 beginmariners in the past month and there some differences between them. The bezel is nice and snug on one and really loose on the other. The numbers on one bezel insert are acceptable and way too fat and blocky on the other. Fortunately, the good points occur on one and the bad points on the other -- Oh well.

3 More observations: Both cyclops seem not to be centered on the number and bear a little to the left. The crown stamp on the clasp is a little iffy. And yes, the circle on the second hand is too close to the dial markers.

Having said all that, I bought these for the case and am still very satisfied with the first one.

I have acquired 2 beginmariners in the past month and there some differences between them. The bezel is nice and snug on one and really loose on the other. The numbers on one bezel insert are acceptable and way too fat and blocky on the other. Fortunately, the good points occur on one and the bad points on the other -- Oh well.

3 More observations: Both cyclops seem not to be centered on the number and bear a little to the left. The crown stamp on the clasp is a little iffy. And yes, the circle on the second hand is too close to the dial markers.

Having said all that, I bought these for the case and am still very satisfied with the first one.

Did you get them both from Joshua?