When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Dealer refusing? Please help :(

dastrix

Hi Guys

I sent my damaged Tag back to the dealer at my cost who apparently has repaired it. The dealer is ready to ship it back to me but is now demanding the 20 USD to send it back. Is the process not that dealer pays to send to you, and buyer pays to send to dealer?

The website states no clauses for shipping/returns

I thought this is very bad business.

Happy to name the dealer

Thanks guys

Hi Guys

I sent my damaged Tag back to the dealer at my cost who apparently has repaired it. The dealer is ready to ship it back to me but is now demanding the 20 USD to send it back. Is the process not that dealer pays to send to you, and buyer pays to send to dealer?

Sorry to hear of your troubles, Dastrix.

This should've been hammered out before you sent the watch. If you did, and s/he didn't mention a shipping fee, then you are correct. If not, then really, you don't have much of a case, as I see it.

I've never been asked for shipping back fee. In fact, whenever I have to send back any watch, I get compensated with a discount on my next order, or similar.

Basically, the dealer is holding your watch ransom, and it's up to you whether or not you should reveal his or her name. I personally wouldn't UNTIL everything was resolved on your end.

Good luck to you, Dastrix. :)

Sorry to hear of your troubles, Dastrix.

This should've been hammered out before you sent the watch. If you did, and s/he didn't mention a shipping fee, then you are correct. If not, then really, you don't have much of a case, as I see it.

I've never been asked for shipping back fee. In fact, whenever I have to send back any watch, I get compensated with a discount on my next order, or similar.

Basically, the dealer is holding your watch ransom, and it's up to you whether or not you should reveal his or her name. I personally wouldn't UNTIL everything was resolved on your end.

Good luck to you, Dastrix. :)

Thanks vbarrett, the dealer did NOT mention any shipping costs in sending it back... I've asked the dealer to absorb this in good business practice, if they refuse then I will look at making an unauthorised credit card transaction in my card to reverse the funds as the goods are still in the dealers hands. I'll do this under no goods received from vendor but I'm still then out of pocket!

Thanks vbarrett, the dealer did NOT mention any shipping costs in sending it back...

But you should've asked, and made that clear. This is not to say you are wrong. But I always dot every i, and cross every t before I send ANYTHING back to these dealers.

I've asked the dealer to absorb this in good business practice, if they refuse then I will look at making an unauthorised credit card transaction in my card to reverse the funds as the goods are still in the dealers hands. I'll do this under no goods received from vendor but I'm still then out of pocket!

That's a very momentous decision. I personally would pay the $20, WITH CONFIRMED TRACKING, and never use the dealer again. And yes, reveal his name at the very end, when you have received the watch.

Thanks vbarrett, the dealer did NOT mention any shipping costs in sending it back... I've asked the dealer to absorb this in good business practice, if they refuse then I will look at making an unauthorised credit card transaction in my card to reverse the funds as the goods are still in the dealers hands. I'll do this under no goods received from vendor but I'm still then out of pocket!

I am no expert,.. but i would be careful with your credit card company as the watch is a "counterfiet" and you have recieved it once as the EMS maifest will show.. if you have to show what the item is be very careful in how you descibe it.. the last thing you want is to be "red falgged" by customs, as I am not familiar with your customs laws ... in the USA you can be "red flagged" for certain items that have been confinscated once..

better safe than sorry

I am no expet,.. but i would be careful with your credit card company as the watch is a "counterfiet" and you have recieved it once as the EMS maifest will show.. if you have to show what the item is be very careful in how you descibe it.. the last thing you want is to be "red falgged" by customs, as I am not familiar with your customs laws ... in the USA you can be "red flagged" for certain items that have been confinscated once..

better safe than sorry

Thanks guys, it had a big mark on the side (left side of the watch) looked like something had banged against it...

Ive emailed the dealer my concerns.. will let you know the outcome guys

Thanks guys, it had a big mark on the side (left side of the watch) looked like something had banged against it...

Ive emailed the dealer my concerns.. will let you know the outcome guys

OK .. i vaugely remember you posting that there was no mark on the watch when you recieved it,.. therefore the "mark' was put on the watch sometime "after" you recieved it..(correct?)

with that said, then it makes sense for you to pay for the return shipping ... after all (don't need to know who) the dealer is not charging you for the fix ... and is actually doing you a service at n/c ... if it were my watch .. I would be grateful to whoever could "make it all good" and not charge me for it.. so I would consider the shipping charge "worth it" for the fix.

Whenever I send anything back to the collector I send it priority - registered .. there is really no need for tracking (extra charge) it takes about 4 to 5 more day's longer than EMS ..registered numbers show the history of the "track" once it arrives at it's destination.. not before.. (although sometimes it has)..

sending it with tracking seems irrelevant.. because if it is lost.. you would have to provide proof of purchase ie: credit card statement etc. description of the item... what do you say ... it's a Replica..(illegal) ..or it's costume jewelry .. cost 300 usd .. when you claimed 10 usd for the customs declaration... ???

think it through .... whatever you think .. alway's think of the word fraud ... because anything that goes in the mail is a Federal Offense in the USA (laws) ... hence the phrase "mail fraud" which is a felony ...

I don't mean to sound dramatic.. but cause and effect comes to mind.... not worth it.

LIVE STRONG AND WEAR IT WELL

there have been times where my collector has sent the watch or a replacement back to me through EMS and he paid for it ...

I'm with lanikai.. you've said in an earlier post that the watch arrived to you perfectly with no marks... This would imply that the damage done to the watch happened during your physical ownership.. not from the dealer. That being said... You should probably be charged any and all fees for shipping as the dealer has replaced or fixed your watch for no extra charge aside from the shipping fee.

If you're trying to pass your recently scratched watch off as factory defective you might be out of luck, as dealers often read the forum, and he could have easily seen your positive posting after receiving the watch...

Good luck whatever happens!

I'm with lanikai.. you've said in an earlier post that the watch arrived to you perfectly with no marks... This would imply that the damage done to the watch happened during your physical ownership.. not from the dealer. That being said... You should probably be charged any and all fees for shipping as the dealer has replaced or fixed your watch for no extra charge aside from the shipping fee.

If you're trying to pass your recently scratched watch off as factory defective you might be out of luck, as dealers often read the forum, and he could have easily seen your positive posting after receiving the watch...

Good luck whatever happens!

Guys, I posted the watch back the weekend after I received it. I did NOT notice it on initial inspection (it was on the side) dont recall making a post saying it was perfect at all. Further I made contact with the dealer the DAY i received the watch... as I found the mark after I posted I received it

Guys, I posted the watch back the weekend after I received it. I did NOT notice it on initial inspection (it was on the side) dont recall making a post saying it was perfect at all. Further I made contact with the dealer the DAY i received the watch... as I found the mark after I posted I received it

Guys, see this post:

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=47262&hl=

Check the post times/dates, youll it was only a bit after I posted i found the mark after i posted i received the watch.

The mark was discovered after this.

Guys, see this post:

Check the post times/dates, youll it was only a bit after I posted i found the mark after i posted i received the watch.

wELL .. it seems your issue is with the collector and only you know what went down.. so the call would be totally yours .. good luck on your resolution to your issue..

aloha,

lanikai

Guys, see this post:

Kris... do you think the watchsmith that removed the links could possibly have scratched your Tag ?? if so that would be the issue not the collector you got the watch from ???

and just a suggestion.. you may want to remove your "class" picture from your avatar... unless you want to advertise to the world you can be ID'd ... just a thought :o

how the hell did you not see that deep ass scratch the first time when you looked at the watch and then posted.. "watch looks great, no scratches".....

honestly.. its not as if that scratch is un-noticeable.. and furthermore it seems like an authorized dealer would have certainly noticed it.. especially since you came to him with it "new" and unfitted.....

Edited by plaifender

I sat and watched the dealer so i dont believe he damaged it. It seems my error in not noticing the side, cant say I even looked (have since I got my Omega)

I'm getting a little cofused with your dialouge.... are you saying the collector that you purchased the rep from is holding it until you send payment for shipping, who is the dealer you are reffering to???

who removed the links from your rep.?? your local watchsmith ... (right?)

what I think is... it's 4th down and 1 yard to go ... 4th quarter .. you are down 3 points... 3 minutes to play... your on your own 20 yard line.... PUNT ... live to play another series..

I'm getting a little cofused with your dialouge.... are you saying the collector that you purchased the rep from is holding it until you send payment for shipping, who is the dealer you are reffering to???

who removed the links from your rep.?? your local watchsmith ... (right?)

what I think is... it's 4th down and 1 yard to go ... 4th quarter .. you are down 3 points... 3 minutes to play... your on your own 20 yard line.... PUNT ... live to play another series..

Say again?

The AD removed the links. I believe they are holding it until I pay for shipping... Given I watched the AD remove the links, I dont think he damaged it.

If that picture in your avatar is a photo of you then i suggest you change it.

As for the $20 if you can prove that the watch arrived damaged and it wasnt done by you or the watch smith then the dealer has to pay for the return shipping.

BUT, you say previously that the watch arrived perfect and it wasnt until the next day that you noticed the 'mark' on the watch, AFTER the watch smith resized it. hmmm

Not blaming anyone but if its so noticeable then you should have noticed it when you first got it.

This is a difficult one.

Id just pay the $20, this way you'll get your watch back and let it be an experience. you dont have to use that dealer again.

Let's look at the facts. In my view, there are two scenarios:

1) You file a dispute with your Credit Card.

On the positive side, you might get your money back.

On the negative side,

a) there is a risk you won't as you bought counterfeit goods.

b ) Plus you run the risk of being "red-flagged" by customs because of this, and thus limit your ability to purchase stuff in the future.

c) Even if you were to get your money back, you would definately be "red-flagged" by the dealers on this forum (I hear they have their own forum where they discuss clients who "f&ck up" and make claims against them on Paypal or through CC companies)

d) You are endangering the dealer's ability to take money and thus the whole community's ability to order from him/her.

2) You can pay the 20$ and get your watch back

On the positive side,

a) 20$ is a very minimal cost in light of things.

b ) Plus you get a brand new watch back.

c) Plus you create a good relationship with the dealer, and you might even save this cost during your next purchase due to a discount (happened to me recently)

On the negative side, you are out of 20$. That's like.... car fuel for a day. Or a couple drinks less on Saturday night out.

The choice should be very clear in my opinion. The risks of filing a claim with your CC are very high. Keep in mind that, in effect, our hobby is illegal: we are buying counterfeit goods. At least the dealer is willing to exchange this for you......

My 0.02

Edited by lukes

I cases such as this, it is often better to take the path of least resistance. There appears to be a bit of doubt as to the source of the damage to the watch which makes this a matter of who do you choose to believe. I would recommend that you pay the $20 and move on. You are likely to generate more problems by fighting this than you will solve.