When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Celebs Wearing Panerai Watches

Victoria

EDIT: Check out Deltatahoe's June 2006 post, on precisely this -- Celebrities Wearing Panerai watches. Seems forum members like the topic. :)

This post is inspired by TeeJay, yet again, and is an adjunct to his Orlando Bloom Fiddy post.

Some photos of celebs follow. Guess the model!

SYLVESTER STALLONE

pictureSLY2.jpg

ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER

governor18ek.jpg

T. GOTTSCHALK

Gottschalk1.jpg

BILL CLINTON (what IS he wearing on the other wrist?? Is that a Navajo bracelet??)

clinton0gy.jpg

ROBIN WILLIAMS

robwil6el.jpg

BORIS BECKER

beckerlein0vt.jpg

FLAVIO BRIATORE

orig3ir.jpg

MICHAEL BALLACK

picture4mq.jpg

PHIL COLLINS (!)

picture39aw.jpg

DMX

12dmx.jpg

BRAD PITT

brad30ak.jpg

RALF M

Please wait while I send you a pic of me to add to the list!

I will seriously wet myself if Bob Marley wore Panerai! Can he get more perfect?? ;)

You gotta admit a PAM looks nice next to a Super Bowl ring.

Mnnnmmm. Dunno. Being totally honest here, I think it's ugly even with the SB ring. :)

I think wearing bling on a Panerai is the male equivalent of wearing pink straps on a Fiddy for women. It can be construed incorrectly as a mere fashion statement, and IMHO, doesn't look good.

V!!!! Welcome back!! I only just mentioned you longingly yesterday! :)

Very glad to see Umberto Eco is wearing one.. I am a big fan and he is basically the only 'important' person from the list for the intellectual ones ;)

Oh, you intellectual snob you. ;)

Yeah, I was copy-pasting the links, when suddenly my eyes pounced on him. I really gasped out loud and got goosepimples.

Plus do you see he has an aftermarket strap? Wondering what it might be...

Correct!

I'm almost sure that it's another Manifatture Firenze strap, because of the stitch, the grain, and the lack of thickness (MF straps are around 3mm, not the usual Paci 5.5mm, etc.).

I'm almost sure it's this:

blackvacchettann6.jpg

https://www.manifatturefirenze.it/home.php/...tcat/45/idart/8

Black calf leather strap with buckle (white stitch)

Item Code: F2-212

EC Price : € 86.40

Extra EC Price : € 72.00* (~US$ 101)

:lol:

EDIT: OR...

A1-212 Black calf leather strap (white stitch)

Same strap, but in 24/22.

blackcalf2422bo2.jpg

I have that, for the Fiddy, and I have to say, I am VERY sweet on Manifatture Firenze straps. They are a little more comfortable to wear than Pacis...

EXTRA

THE FUTURE KING OF SPAIN, CROWN PRINCE FELIPE

Leonor7.jpg

You know when a man REALLY really likes watches? When he gives them as presents to his godchildren.

felipegodchildke5.jpg

http://www.elpais.com/articulo/economia/Ce...elpepueco_3/Tes

That's the latest godson of Crown Prince Felipe showing off what his "padrino" gave him, for his First Communion. I'm fairly sure that's not a Panerai (that would've been funny!), but as you can see...

...Learn 'em young!

P.S.: Damn. I only got some silver spoons for my First Communion. And a mother-of-pearl Bible! I wish I had royal godparents -- bet you the Queen would've given me a Fiddy.

firstcommunionlu9.jpg

Wow, never noticed Flavio wears a Pam. I wonder if Heidi Klum picked up the pam habit from him while he was knocking her up, or vice-versa (the pam that is, not the knocking up). Jean Todt wears a Richard Mille which is rather ironic since he should be backing Ferrari by Panerai.

Tyler Florence from Food network wears a 217.

Also noticed today that one of the trainers from Biggest Loser, Bob, wears a pam on a NATO. Jillian wears a Santos 100. :o

No clue who any of these are, but thanks Slai! :)

Here are some others, not all Paneristi:

* California governor Arnold Schwarzenegger wears an Audemars Piguet watch - the model is called Royal Oak Offshore. He is a watch collector but at the same time he has consulted on several limited editions for Audemars Piguet. Among his favorites there are IWC Big Pilot, Rolex and Panerai watches.

* Jay-Z loves Audemar Piguet Royal Oak Offshore. He is also a big fan of AP Grande Complication.

* Silvio Berlusconi, former Prime Minister of Italy wears an extremely expensive timepiece from the world's oldest watchmaker Vacheron Constantin. The price of the watch is $540,000.

* Bill Clinton is a huge fan of Roger Dubuis watches. Onthe cover of Time Magazine he was wearing a Roger Dubuis Much More watch.

* Leonardo DiCaprio was seen wearing a Jaeger LeCoultre Master Minute Repeater for $175,000.

* Russia's president Vladimir Putin has a $60,000 Patek Philippe Perpetual Calendar. This is a really expensive timepiece if compared to George W. Bush's Timex for $50. However, the US president has a personal inscription on his Timex.

* Yuri Luzhkov, the mayor of Moscow wears a Patek Philippe Calatrava, the price of which is $18,000.

* Roman Abramovich, the owner of the English club Chelsea, has a wide range of Rolex watches. Among his favorites there is a $29,000 Rolex Daytona and a $19,000 gold Rolex Oyster Perpetual Date Submariner.

* Britney Spears wears Roger Dubuis watch. However, among her favorites there are also Chopard Montres Dame and Breitling watches.

* Victoria Beckham (aka Posh Spice) was seen wearing on her wrist an iced-out Piaget watch.

* Harrison Ford - Breitling Aerospace

* Orlando Bloom - IWC Big Pilot

* Ben Affleck - Harry Winston

* Mark Anthony - Roger Dubuis

* Anthony Keidis - Anonimo watch

* Usher - Audemars Piguet Royal Oak

* Larry King - Ulysse Nardin GMT

* Jennifer Anniston - vintage Cartier watch

* Jessica Simpson - vintage Rolex

* Simon Cowell - Chopard Mille Miglia

* Tom Cruise - Audemar Piguet chronograph

* Halle Berry - Franck Muller Casablanca 2852

In case you are not bored yet check out interesting statistics regarding the watch industry:

* The yearly sales of Swiss watches are estimated at $8 billion.

* More than 2 million watches, having the price higher than $5,000 are sold each year.

* More than 30 million watches with a price higher than $1,000 are sold each your.

* Watches with a price tag over $250.00 are sold each year in a number of 75 million pieces.

From: http://www.tiptop-watches.com/watches-and-...lebwatches.html

More:

Prince Ernst-August of Hannover (husband of Princess Caroline of Monaco): Fortis B-42 Marinemaster Chronograph

Jerry Seinfeld: Breitling Aerospace (is an avid Breit collector, and "has every Breitling known to man")

Farrah Fawcett: YG Bvlgari Tobogas

Usher: Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Offshore

Sharon Osbourne: White Chanel J-12

Jude Law: IWC Big Pilot

Gisele B

As mentioned above, the current US President wears that famous $50 Timex, which some thought had been stolen from him in his recent Albania trip (there was a thread here on RWG, during my first week as a newbie).

I've been searching for MONTHS for a good, clear shot of this Timex. Here it is:

bushwatchwf1.jpg

Not sure what I expected, perhaps something plasticky and clunkier, but this is okay.

Oh, and though all the "celeb watch" lists say that ex-PM Tony Blair always wore a $30 Swatch, like this:

tony-blair.jpg

I think that's incorrect these days.

In a February issue of Newsweek, which I read awaiting a doctor's appointment, he was portrayed very clearly wearing a GMT Pepsi Rolex...in his bare feet.

tonyrolexso4.jpg

I wonder if he only wore the Rollie privately...

This post is inspired by TeeJay, yet again, and is an adjunct to his Orlando Bloom Fiddy post.

Some photos of celebs follow. Guess the model!

That's a supercool lineup there :1a:

I think it's safe to say that Orlando's a watch collector :D

Brosnan looks like he's wearing a rep: skinny-looking crown there...

vy0dhf.jpg

Hee hee, that's in a movie, so, as was said about Kieffer Sutherland's Sub, it's not a rep, it's a 'prop' ;)

I can't wait to get the SS bracelet for my 111h, the matt and polished sections are going to really pick up the matt case and brushed bezel and crown guard :yeah:

Isaiah Washington of Grey's Anatomy wearing an unindentified Panerai

isaiahwashingtonwe8.jpg

I know PAMs are celebrity favorites, but, I'm going to take a chance here and suggest that this might infact be a Clone Panerai by another manufacturer. Something about the shape of the crown guards doesn't quite look right, and, if you look at the center of the CG, there are two lines of shadow at the 3 O clock. Rather like a crown which goes the length of the crown guard, and is only protected on the sides by two 'wings'. I only say this as I saw a watch like this not so long ago in a jewellers. I can't remember the brand, I think it might've been a seconda...

Very glad to see Umberto Eco is wearing one.. I am a big fan and he is basically the only 'important' person from the list for the intellectual ones ;)

That's the one I showed to Mrs Pugwash.

I too am a fan. Anyone that can create an entire genre (historical whodunnit) with one of his lesser works is to be taken notice of. I still think Foucault's Pendulum is one of the all-time greatest works of fiction.

That's the one I showed to Mrs Pugwash.

I too am a fan. Anyone that can create an entire genre (historical whodunnit) with one of his lesser works is to be taken notice of. I still think Foucault's Pendulum is one of the all-time greatest works of fiction.

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

Your response reminded me of another flawed genius, who also single-handedly "invented" a book genre (can you imagine doing something like that?), the "true crime" of In Cold Blood:

Truman Capote

trumanid3.jpg

Anyone want to take a crack at what watch he's wearing? :o

For the record, to his infamous masked Black & White Ball, he wore a classic Cartier Tank. It was this ball, the last great high society shindig of the Twentieth Century, that was called "Party of the Century".

Oh please. Jacqueline Kennedy didn't go. What kind of a party was that?

Thanks to all for the pics. It is always fun to see what people are wearing. :)

Well, instead of sleeping (my body clock is completely out-of-whack...), I've been gathering more pics. I'll post them in due course, Kru. :)

Thanks for your kind word! Given the fact that you are in Nova Iorque, and have probably sighted any number of celebs, I'd truly love any anecdote you can post.

As for me, yes, I've always loved watches, but I wasn't hyper AWARE of them as I am now, in my watch hobbyist incarnation. Last year, I saw the rapper Ludacris seated at a Miami Beach eatery, not one table away from me. I'd be lying if I told you I can remember what watch he wore.

BTW, major a-hole...

I know PAMs are celebrity favorites, but, I'm going to take a chance here and suggest that this might infact be a Clone Panerai by another manufacturer.

Some of the Pugwash-grabbed shots of Washington's Panerai 196:

grey-panerai-1.jpg

grey-panerai-2.jpg

grey-panerai-3.jpg

More celebs:

Ewan McNobi with Panerai (from Long Way Round)

long-way-round-01.png

long-way-round-02.png

Big Pilot in "Studio 60"

studio60-01.jpg

Well, instead of sleeping (my body clock is completely out-of-whack...), I've been gathering more pics. I'll post them in due course, Kru. :)

Thanks for your kind word! Given the fact that you are in Nova Iorque, and have probably sighted any number of celebs, I'd truly love any anecdote you can post.

As for me, yes, I've always loved watches, but I wasn't hyper AWARE of them as I am now, in my watch hobbyist incarnation. Last year, I saw the rapper Ludacris seated at a Miami Beach eatery, not one table away from me. I'd be lying if I told you I can remember what watch he wore.

BTW, major a-hole...

I think this quote pretty much shows how up himself he is...

"I'm a businessman at the end of the day," Ludacris told WENN. "We hate the term rapper these days, man. I'm an entrepreneur. I like to say I'm an entreprenegro. To me, rapper is an insult."

:rolleyes:

Some of the Pugwash-grabbed shots of Washington's Panerai 196:

grey-panerai-1.jpg

TeeJay's theory shot down in flames! ;)

More celebs:

Ewan McNobi with Panerai (from Long Way Round)

long-way-round-01.png

Interesting! He took one year off to circle the world on his motorcycle with a chum.

Wonder if he wore his Panerai...

Thanks for the screen-grabs, perfect!

@TeeJay: "entreprenegro"...........LMAO!!!!

TeeJay's theory shot down in flames! ;)

Interesting! He took one year off to circle the world on his motorcycle with a chum.

Thanks for the screen-grabs, perfect!

@TeeJay: "entreprenegro"...........LMAO!!!!

Oh well :lol: It looked like the Panerai Clone I'd seen :lol:

If they're good enough for Ewan (my favorite actor), they're good enough for me :D

Hee hee, not a term I came up with, but, whatever helps him get through the day and feel self-important :D

Edited by TeeJay

Charlie Boorman (the Chum) wore a Rolex Sub while Ewan wore his Panerai during the preparation phase of their trip. Once they set off, Ewan left his Panerai behind. He wore something cheaper for the trip while Charlie wore his Sub, I believe. I'll be rewatching it soon and I'll take notes. :D

The browsing hawk eye , cannot help but notice, that non of them pictured pan wearing celebrities ?, likes Radiomirs. Is this some kind of joke?

Oh, Vbarret,see what I mean by,"wearing feminine jewels and perfumes ,and enjoying it" ? The Rocketman ,The Yellow Brick Road " Elton .

Sorry, but I can't help it :rolleyes: