When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

People who don't wear Watches

Victoria

Do you wear a watch daily?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Well do you?

• Yes, I wear a watch every day
    • No, not every day
    • Sometimes I forget

This post idea is inspired by Jon Fort's recent thread on people who wear their watches loose. It got me to thinking -- chances are good we all like watches here. :lol:

So, what goes through your mind when you see a person without a watch on their wrist?

(Pretend they're not carrying a mobile to tell the time with either)

When they're talking to you, is your inner monologue racing in your head, wondering if they forgot to put a watch on that day, or they just don't care, or are they completely nuts -- who wouldn't want to wear a watch?

I don't know about you, but I feel nekkid outdoors without a watch. I'd rather go out looking like Sienna Miller with her pants outside her clothes...

374722085_c492f1d142_o.jpg

...than not wear a watch. You? :D

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But sometimes it's better to wear nothing than to wear a fossil. I feel especially bad when people wear a watch, and it is a Fossil.

I don't want to be unkind to anyone here, but I am with Corgi. I frikkin hate people who wear Fossil watches. Invictas I can understand. Swatches are kitschy.

But Fossils are ugly, and wannabe cool watches for people without imaginations. There. I said it. Hope they go into rehab because of my words.

That they don't know what time it is! :bangin:

Bad. Bad. Bad.

Knowledge of time is precious and took us millenia to conquer. Did they not read "Longitude" by Dava Sobel!?? On top of having no taste, people who don't wear watches regularly are illiterate. Humph!

I don't give it a second thought. I know plenty of men who don't wear watches and women who prefer bracelets. They typically are under 35, single and perpetual users of cell phones or blackberrys so they use that for telling time.

Whatever happened to buying your first watch as a kid? The excitement, the curiosity.

I remember a girl at my school who felt all grown up, when her mother gave her a watch to wear for the first time. Did she have appointments to keep? No. She was 8 years old.

But it's a rite-of-passage, dammit!

I only wear a watch when I need to know the time (and I generally do not carry a cell phone anymore), so it does not bother me in the least whether someone else wears one or not.

Hmmmm..............maybe this should be a poll? Hang about.

BTW, I think you're crazy, just for the record, Freddy. Yeah, I know it's mutual. :tu:

Whatever happened to buying your first watch as a kid? The excitement, the curiosity.

But it's a rite-of-passage, dammit!

Odd you mention that. My grandfather gave me my first watch when I was 6. An Accromatic self-winding mechanical watch made by the Accro Watch Co., which I not only still have, but it is presently sitting on my table (in pieces) undergoing an overhaul.

I'm with freddy!!! What EXACTLY did we do before cell phones?!?!?! We got watches as birthday/x-mas/hanukkah presents. I'm not going to carry my cell phone this week. So what if the boss can't find me? Down with the man!!!!!!

P.S. vb, if you dress like Sienna I'll be visiting soon hon... :wub:

Odd you mention that. My grandfather gave me my first watch when I was 6. An Accromatic self-winding mechanical watch made by the Accro Watch Co., which I not only still have, but it is presently sitting on my table (in pieces) undergoing an overhaul.

Aww. I like you better now. :)

In case you missed it:

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?s=&amp...st&p=304639

I inspired something? That is sort-of way cool.VB, I still don't have a chance, do I?

Still taken. Almost off the market. One-man woman. So answer...maybe. ;)

I don't see the correlation between not wearing watch = illiterate. However, I do appreciate if I'd have met someone who is a watch connoisseur and having a nice watch on his/her wrist, whatever the brand is.

Oh Takashi, don't be such a stick. I was being irreverent. :p

Guest watchbuff

I dated a woamn who wore her gen datejust but never knew what time it was because the watch was never serviced and never kept good time. It was really annoying that she wore the watch like a bangle bracelet.

She had to go. She never "cared" what time it was. Her attitude is I get ther when I get there. Go figure

Vb-

One of my co-workers knows that I wear (what appear to be) expensive watches every day. He asked me why I did, since cell phones and other electronic devices many people carry, can provide the correct time at any given moment. For me, it boils down to something a famous radio personality said once- maybe Paul Harvey- that if you pay more than $30 (?) for a wristwatch, you are buying it to be worn as jewelry.

I know you're a PAM enthusiast, but wouldn't Sienna have looked better in that photo (other than the underwear) if she was wearing one of these?

chanel.jpg

Best, Arty

What irritates me (people not wearing timepieces is not one) is some one wearing a watch; and are always habitually late to appointments.. weather it be business meetings or reservations for a meal.... or any planned and agreed upon "time" :angry:

Why are you wearing an object to tell time if your not going to use It??? so you can be "fashionably" late ??... that should be left for large parties etc. .... <_<

some don't like to :"feel" anything on their wrist .. my brother being one ...

At times if I am asked "what time do you have" I just stick out my wrist.. only because .. for some reason I don't feel like reciting the time... not so they can see what I'm wearing .. because if you aren't wearing a time peice . chronometer.. you really don't care anyway..

when I stayed out in the surf for 6 hours plus we could tell exactly what time it was by the Sun and the tide .. I used to find it funny to see someone surfing wearing a divers watch.. my thought used to be.."what.. not good enough to use the tides and Sun" B)

I used to think about it until I realize it shouldn't matter what I thought about people not wearing a watch, because Mr/Ms. No-Watch is thinking of the same thing with me.

I had a friend who once said that having to constantly know the time is like being a slave to it. What an idiot, I thought to myself.

Bad. Bad. Bad.

Knowledge of time is precious and took us millenia to conquer. Did they not read "Longitude" by Dava Sobel!?? On top of having no taste, people who don't wear watches regularly are illiterate. Humph!

People who don't wear watches have caused global warming, the proliferation of WMDs, Bin Laden, Kim Jong-Il, and....PARIS HILTON! Yes...PARIS. Do you want to contribute to continued global warming? Help Paris's lack of tact and class continue to be hammered into the minds of the innocent? If you answered yes to any of these questions...DO NOT WEAR A WATCH!

I remember my first watch...it was a Timex Ironman. It was bronze and black, with hunter green accents, and a black rubber strap. I remember being extra proud of it having a rubber strap, since I was big enough to not need a velcro strap! :p. I was 6 years old. God only knows where that watch is. I still have the first watch I saved up money to buy...it was a gold plated "Hard Rock Cafe" watch. Quartz, cream dial with the logo printed on the face, fake brown croc band. I was 7 years old. I thought it would be worth alot of money someday, so I kept it in its original packaging. It had started turning green by the time I was 14. So much for that plan! I still have the G-Shock I bought when I was 10, and the #45 Michael Jordan comeback watch (I think that thing might actually have some memorabilia value). Long story short, time has always been of paramount importance to me, even though I'm not always the most punctual individual around. I will never, ever be seen without a watch.

People who don't wear watches have caused global warming...Long story short, time has always been of paramount importance to me, even though I'm not always the most punctual individual around. I will never, ever be seen without a watch.

Since we're from new york, we're allowed the luxury of being late; in fact, we're always late getting anywhere.