When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

People who don't wear Watches

Victoria

Do you wear a watch daily?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Well do you?

• Yes, I wear a watch every day
    • No, not every day
    • Sometimes I forget

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since we're from new york, we're allowed the luxury of being late; in fact, we're always late getting anywhere.

well Yes, that's a given .. none of my friends transplanted here from New York will ever be on time.. it's in the genes ^_^ ..

one of my buddies from New York keeps his cell phone with his New York pre-fix .. he say's he dosen't want anyone from New York to know he's living in hawaii cause New Yorkers are supposed to be miserable... if his friends found out he's not .. they would be really mad at him... :p

In my honest to goodness opinion.

I am quite happy that more and more people are starting NOT to wear watches.

Don't you see it guys? This is just another positive phenomenon for us watch enthusiasts to stand out more among the rest.

A good example is when I was out to the pub with a few close friends. I beautiful young lady on the next table asked us what time it is. Everyone started grabbing and looking for their cellphones in their pockets looking really stupid as they were rushing. I just had a quick glance and gave her the time. I know it means nothing but it felt good nonetheless.

So for me, the lesser people wear watches the better, because I'm going to keep wearing mine.

I hate Nixon, Diesel and Fashion watches. I'd rather a digital casio.

So, what goes through your mind when you see a person without a watch on their wrist?

on a lady: oh, we are halfway to the bed already :bangin:

I once shot a man wearing a fossil watch, just to watch him die :animal_rooster:

Wow, what does everyone have against Fossil watches? :huh: Yeah, they're not fancy timepieces, but are they that much worse than buying chinese knock-offs of legitimate brands? Isn't this a bit of the pot callling the kettle black?

Can't we all just get along, and love all timepieces, of all shapes/sizes/brands?

And no, I don't have a Fossil, but they were my introduction to watches back when I was a kid. They were a great way for me to start developing a full blown love for watches.

Honestly sometimes when im on vacation, i dont wear watches. Im a rather busy guy on a day to day basis, since i run a music and a design company. When im finally free, i really enjoy not knowing what time it is.

Same thing as leaving the cell phone switched off. Its a very nice feeling not going by any schedule once in a while.

Vb-

One of my co-workers knows that I wear (what appear to be) expensive watches every day. He asked me why I did, since cell phones and other electronic devices many people carry, can provide the correct time at any given moment. For me, it boils down to something a famous radio personality said once- maybe Paul Harvey- that if you pay more than $30 (?) for a wristwatch, you are buying it to be worn as jewelry.

I think he said a very true word. This is why, if I were rich, I wouldn't mind paying for a $20,000 watch. Heck, I'd pay that for a bracelet or a ring which holds inert jewels or metals, why not a stunning, almost living mechanism like a timepiece?

(Nice Paul Harvey reference, BTW!)

I know you're a PAM enthusiast, but wouldn't Sienna have looked better in that photo (other than the underwear) if she was wearing one of these?

chanel.jpg

Wow, Arty I just bought this watch!

But I have nothing good to say about Miss Miller.

Not only did she attend the school which recently gobbled up my old boarding school (a pox on their House!), but I think it's despicable that when you're famous wearing your knickers on the outside is "fashion", but when you're poor, they call the Vice Squad on you. <_<

Up the Revolution!

I never forget, Sssurfer, NEVER. Be very afraid. :lol:

Oh my. I am. :cold:

Either you have been a bit of a lurker before registering here, V, or you have great search skills. Congrats. :black_eye:

Oh my. I am. :cold:

You'll need your balaclava going up the Dolomites again. :lol:

Either you have been a bit of a lurker before registering here, V, or you have great search skills. Congrats. :black_eye:

Check the date. 13 June. I joined a few days later, and that was one of the first threads my boyfriend pointed out: "Do you wear your watch during Sex?".

I knew I had found my home. :clown:

You'll need your balaclava going up the Dolomites again. :lol:

Well, I'll consider it on next winter... Currently (as you remember) I am just going to go to a place where the sea water goes up to 37

Guest watchbuff

I just don't get people that havea blatant disregard of timekeeping. My dad who is now retired whois a bit of a watch enthusiast goes withput a watch 50% of the time. His answer" I have no where to be" I guess that is a just a stage we get to for some of us.

"Time is a fire in which we all burn" I heard once. But in life we need to know what time it is, to be places, to remember important dates. Why noy personalize it with a watch that is a statement of yourself.

Dring my flight training days my watch was a backup fuel,guage. It still is even though now the Koala's have full digital EDU's with fuel totalizer and run-time clock. If that ever went TANGO UNIFORM, my watch will let me know how far I can go until it's "Time"

I guess for some of us it is essential and we never let that go. To me it's a sign of a responsible person that is punctual and knows "what time it is".

The different timepieces we choos just personalizes it. We have the phases, some have our Sub phase, then PAM, etc. and our collection is a testament of the history of us. I cld where an old watch and it will bring me back to where I was and what was going on in my life what that particular watch was "the flavor".

I went on a hard target search for a mirror face SWATCh that I wore in the early 90's in college and luckily a friend who was a collector as well sold me the exact watch i had and even though I rarely wear it because it is so minimalist compared to what I wear now, I still look at it in the case and remember a bracket of time in my life.

I keep the G shock casio that is scarrred and still crudded from the World Trade Center hanging in my locker so it serves as a "clock" when I am geting dressed. The time and date has marched foward but the case tells the story of where i was and what I was doing when i needed to where that watch.

Ok way off base.

Just a thought ans some ramblings on my day off.

So yes Where your watches, be proud that you do because it is statement about you. B)

Is the boyfriend a watch fan, too? And a member?

I started this watch kick about 2 weeks before joining RWG1, simultaneously joining RWG2 a few hours later. I used his login for a few days before doing so.

It was he who decided that I should check out the forums for info, since I was THIS close to buying a crap rep from Globalreplicas (actually forking out almost 800 dollars for an "Italian" movement...).

But he is not at all interested in watches. He comes to check my Wrist-Checks and that's pretty much it.

He is a VIP though. :)

It's sad that the one man who could afford any watch he wants wears a Fossil. I guess once a nerd, always a nerd. I use to wear Fossil's back in Elementry school now I just laugh.

billfossilqd8.jpg

Edited by MrC

But I have nothing good to say about Miss Miller.

To be honest, I don't know anyone who does... ;)

On topic, it doesn't really bother me if people don't wear a watch, as long as they don't keep asking me what the time is.

"Time to buy a [censored]ing watch!"

Oh, and people who are perpetually late just [censored] me off. I might leave things 'till the last minute', but I am only ever late if delayed by circumstances beyond my controll (traffic delays etc) where as my fiance, has something of a phobia of being late, so insists on leaving for things ludicrously early (I blame her bio-dad for giving her that neuroses, the [censored]rag)

[Edit as profanity censor missed the word 'c**trag' :lol:]

Edited by TeeJay