When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

People who don't wear Watches

Victoria

Do you wear a watch daily?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Well do you?

• Yes, I wear a watch every day
    • No, not every day
    • Sometimes I forget

I wear a watch everyday, but my girlfriend never does, and God knows I have offered to buy her some very expensive watches. She claims if she wore one, she would be obsessive about the time, checking it constantly etc...

Haven't you ever met another person like this? Because I've known dozens in my lifetime. My very best friend growing up was like this -- vague, flitting in and out, here and there, considering my love of watches as some kind of "quirk", since it tied you down to gritty reality.

Some guys I know hate wearing watches because they think it's jewelry.

There are all kinds of reasons. I am only happy I found a guy who tolerates my recent watch obsession. It can be hard on the family you know...

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I put my watch on right when I get up in the morning. I feel nutty without it. The only times I'm not wearing a watch is when I'm sleeping or doing something that may damage it. I also only wear mechanical, for some reason I have something against quartz. I'm sure there are good quartz watches out there but I think for the most part people who wear quartz daily are 1 step higher on the ladder than people who are anti-watch. Not sure what ladder that is though, and I really don't understand people who never wear a watch.

Even Rolex made quartz, and better than that Rolex made automatics that 'ticked' well before quartz was established.

Invicta? Love their catalog... have most of their catalog... the only company to sell watches with bands that actually fit me without resizing.

Oh, and how come no one ever says that they liked Ms. Galor's GMT in Goldfinger? I always thought the ORIGINAL GMT (plastic nuke bezel) looked a lot better on her, than Bond's 5508 on that way too narrow NATO strap. Remember guys, if you want the "REALLY REAL" Bond look you gotta have a 8mm crown and a 16mm NATO. :p

Better images of DLI63 for you VB...

63_building3.jpg208308112_c842acbd95_d.jpg

I hate wearing watches up until I found out you could buy really nice reps !!

I would use my cellphone for time just like everyone else, but for a watch, I thought it would be too cumbersome, and all the watches i did like was out of my price range.

But that's all changed.. ! I really do like watches, and I think many people do as well, but they haven't had the chance to try or get something they would like to wear.

Someone already mentioned, watches is generally used to tell time, but if its a good looking piece it can be fashionally worn. Girls have lots of accessories they use to make them look good. For us guys, we don't care as much - nice shirt, nice pants, nice shoes, and a nice watch. Simple. A watch is one of those accessories guys can wear without feeling they're sexual orientation has been comprimised.. :)

A watch is one of those accessories guys can wear without feeling they're sexual orientation has been comprimised.. :)

Heh. I found this funny, don't take it the wrong way or anything, Kenmasters. I know what you're saying.

I just thank God I'm a woman, and don't have to worry about such things. A woman has more leeway in the West to put on anything she wants, and it doesn't compromise her sexual orientation, unless one looks terribly "butch".

Thankfully, I do not. ;)

Even Rolex made quartz, and better than that Rolex made automatics that 'ticked' well before quartz was established.

I know about the Quartz Rolex, and although they are really nice I enjoy the sweeping seconds hand more than the one-second interval quartz watches offer. :p

Maybe some day I'll get a Quartz, but in the meantime it's sweeping sec. hand for me! B)

VB - You still haven't told me what you thought of the pearls...

On Kathleen Turner? Hmm, well, they were paste so not too much of an impression. And since she wasn't wearing a costume, unlike her daughter Rachel, and the statuesque Miss Weaver, I'm presuming she was well-aware of that fact. Bad form.

BTW, once read an interview where she said she rarely wears watches.

Great sexy voice. Awesome sex scenes in Body Heat. But that is just deal-breaker. :thumbdown:

I dig the building for the technical challenges in it's construction. Near the edge of a tiny island, barely more substantial than a giant sandbar, we have 60 gold covered floors balanced above an aquarium sitting upon a cavernous, below sea-level theater where no one's view is obstructed by posts, as there are none.

Makes the heart beat a little faster when thinking of it, no?

Good eye on the pearls.

As to my own appearance, blue-eyed, beefy blond would fit, but I am from thoroughbred country. My wardrobe? More than one watch for every day of the year and a simple, single strand of nice black pearls.

I dig the building for the technical challenges in it's construction. Near the edge of a tiny island, barely more substantial than a giant sandbar, we have 60 gold covered floors balanced above an aquarium sitting upon a cavernous, below sea-level theater where no one's view is obstructed by posts, as there are none.

Being a fan of the golden age of "moviepalaces", as they are called in America, I don't mind the poles which sometimes blocked the view -- but the other technological feats certainly impress me, and open my eyes, POTR.

Makes the heart beat a little faster when thinking of it, no?

Good eye on the pearls.

As to my own appearance, blue-eyed, beefy blond would fit, but I am from thoroughbred country. My wardrobe? More than one watch for every day of the year and a simple,

Mmm, a man who is aware of his surroundings, and appreciates architecture (my maternal granddad's profession), is a Southern gentleman, and has a treasure chest of watches.

:wub:

single strand of nice black pearls.

:animal_rooster:

Never mind. :lol:

While we are speaking of "ticking automatics"...

D20_1847_altered_small_watermarked.jpg

Looks like AP also came out with one too; although they call it a "deadbeat seconds" movement.

It is just a cell phone thing these days (getting close to topic).

The cell phone is the pocket watch/ purse watch of today.

From a recent lunch conversation:

"What time is it?" from a young lady to my left.

Me, looking down at the gen vintage Mathey-Tissot on my wrist:

"It's seventeen till"

She, pulling her cellphone (in disbelief) for verification:

"Why, that's exactly right!"

Heh. I found this funny, don't take it the wrong way or anything, Kenmasters. I know what you're saying.

I just thank God I'm a woman, and don't have to worry about such things. A woman has more leeway in the West to put on anything she wants, and it doesn't compromise her sexual orientation, unless one looks terribly "butch".

Thankfully, I do not. ;)

NO worries.. i think watches are cool from a technical perspective.. its more like a gadget to me.. and then there's the wow and luxary factor for wearing some nice ones.

But in the end, I think watches is just an accessory, and guys shouldn't be so sensitive about it.. Who cares if someone doesn't wear a watch !! Some people may think its "gay" to wear a watch.. (see the other thread going on around here...)

:p

well....for years after leaving the service (where i had to wear a watch as a matter of necessity) i began working in heavy construction.

it quickly became evident that wearing watches...and for that matter rings or any sort of entangling jewlery was a very bad idea. some areas i worked in they were outright banned for saftey reasons.

so....for around 15 years i went watchless. now that i have a more or less white collar profession i began wearing them again....but i still get a rather disquiting restrictive feeling now ant then from my watch. And ill never be able to wear a ring again. (SORRY LADIES)