When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex cases and bands from Hungary?

Guest watchbuff

Guest carlsbadrolex

Look at his feedback... alot of happy customers. THANK YOU, I have a Gen movement sitting here that was going into a rep case. For his prices, it will go into a gen.

Guest watchbuff

No problem. From a stand of how many he sells that seem to to be the same reference. I was just doubting fora moment.

I built my Frankenjust for about $400.00 total. Gen case crystal, crown, jubilee band, tudor hands gen dial, and ETA 2824-2 movement.

It's the best deal I can get for myself. nest is a top shelf sub if I can find a reputable dealer that sells a 1:1 or damn close. :p

I ordered one from him and it was 100% legit as far as I could tell. Same as other gen cases. Some signs that is WAS used, albeit lightly, not a new production. But I'm also curious about how he always has similar stuff. Note he does use the same pictures over and over...you have to read the description for the condition...mint, excellent, etc.

I assume he uses the movements to repair sport models? Not sure why he would have a continuous flow of datejust cases.

Cheers.

My two cases were flawless and I was able to turn them into 1st class frankens. I didn't use the dials, because I was using other dials for the two projects.

I don't know what he's doing with the 3035 and 3135 movements but if I had to guess, I'd figure he's putting them in aftermarket solid gold cases for sale in the far east or where ever. You can save $10K on a solid gold watch that way.

My two cases were flawless and I was able to turn them into 1st class frankens. I didn't use the dials, because I was using other dials for the two projects.

I don't know what he's doing with the 3035 and 3135 movements but if I had to guess, I'd figure he's putting them in aftermarket solid gold cases for sale in the far east or where ever. You can save $10K on a solid gold watch that way.

That is exactly what they are used for. He will even admit it as well. The Asian market has a huge appetite for solid gold. They buy the SS models in other markets where Rolex is not in demand, at a discount I'm sure, then salvage the movements and fit into solid gold cases.

The cases he sells are definately 100% authentic. I only wish he could supply some with no lug holes.

Guest watchbuff

Thats not a bad deal, but the hungarian connection gives you the dial with it (if you want it) for not much more and his stuff is clean. Mine was like brand new Ill save the site for another project. Thanks! :lol:

Guest watchbuff

Lets see everyones Frankenjust project here!

The best part about a Frankenjusat with all Gen parts is that by no stretch could it be spotted as a rep. So in that sense is it a rep or a hybrid?

I am totally comfortable with removing my datejust for admirers to get a closer look. It's all gen they are holding in there hands, the wieight was even dome right with some lead ballast. As long as the case is not opened, it's as good as gen if no better with an ETA.

I am looking to do another Datejust project just for rhe fun of it. It cost's a bit more than a rep with an ETA but well worth it.

The hungarian Ebay seller is aces in my book. Not easy to communicate with but his stuff is quality. :D

• 2 weeks later...