When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Start of the Week Wrist Watch Check

By-Tor

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

wow.... I better stick with the UPO second hand only .. thanks TT

Amazing....a fantasy killed in 3 posts...

"I have the most amazing replica in the world....so and so is the greatest dealer who ever lived...I have found the Holy Grail"

"Dude...look at a pic of the genuine...notice the subdial spacing?"

"Oh SH*%!!!!!...this watch sucks!!!!!"

It's this kind of "irrational exhuberance" combined with the temporary loss of resolving power in the visual that drives this industry

It's this kind of "irrational exhuberance" combined with the temporary loss of resolving power in the visual that drives this industry

Nailed it, Crystalcranium!

Guess what? In my irrational exuberance, I forgot to see that the IWC CD 2007 watch I just bought had a GLARING misprint on it.

It went from :wub: to :thumbdown: in one split second. Thank God I caught it before it was shipped, else I would've been as devastated as poor Lani when I got it...

Oh well, I'm not yet a member of the IWC Club. I'm an orphan. :(

@UB7: Thank you, sweetheart! I had worried about the GMT II, but it seems guys like it, so I'm very satisfied!

Hi V,

Although some members keep sending me PMs calling me an expert :o , I'm not.

We have some great GMT II threads and we have BT which would make a better comment on yours than I could.

Technically, the cyclop is too right for sure but, hey, it's not such a big deal again when on the wrist.

Now, back to how it looks on your wrist: honestly, I'm a little disturbed to see a Rolie on a Pam wrist :lol:

I would say that a Daytona (white face) is the best choice to go for :p

Maybe I need more time to get used to the GMT II for you as I sincerely feel it's more a man's watch.

Cheers

Stephane

Although some members keep sending me PMs calling me an expert :o , I'm not.

We have some great GMT II threads and we have BT which would make a better comment on yours than I could.

Technically, the cyclop is too right for sure but, hey, it's not such a big deal again when on the wrist.

Oh no, Stephane, I didn't care about your opinion about the quality of this rep (that sounded rude! Sorry. I'm sure you know what I mean!). I know it's a cheapie, and moreover, laughably bad compared to others' here. :)

Below is what I wanted -- your opinion of how it looks on me.

Now, back to how it looks on your wrist: honestly, I'm a little disturbed to see a Rolie on a Pam wrist :lol:

I would say that a Daytona (white face) is the best choice to go for :p

Maybe I need more time to get used to the GMT II for you as I sincerely feel it's more a man's watch.

Oh, snap, really? Let's see.

ROLEX GMT II

rolexgmtiiwristiewq9.jpg

ROLEX DAYTONA BLACK with PANDA DIALS

daytonameemq3.jpg

For the record, I think I look HIDEOUS with the Daytona. Maybe Rima can pull it off, as I read she likes Daytonas, but with me, no.

But then, maybe others disagree?

For the record, I think I look HIDEOUS with the Daytona. Maybe Rima can pull it off, as I read she likes Daytonas, but with me, no.

But then, maybe others disagree?

I agree......or disagree, depending on the point of view. Either way, I prefer to see a woman wearing a smaller, more delicate watch. You can call me old fashioned, but you cannot call me trendy.

I agree......or disagree, depending on the point of view.

Heh.

Either way, I prefer to see a woman wearing a smaller, more delicate watch. You can call me old fashioned, but you cannot call me trendy.

Faye Dunaway, Admin Crown Affair 1968, wearing a watch which would make my Fiddy look piddy (52mm??). Cracking film, BTW.

fayebawatch1ln7.jpg

As long as you don't want a woman to wear spindly watches ALL the time, then we're cool. If I wore a Panerai or a GMT II to a cocktail party wearing a flowing Vera Wang dress, instead of my 24mm gold Rolex, I'd think that was off too.

For the record, ladies should avoid wearing watches during smart galas. It's considered bad form to announce you are looking at the time when you're supposed to be enjoying yourself.

EDIT: The only woman I know who can get away with that look, and not be seen as gauche is my Queen.

elizabethiicartierbq8.jpg

But she has a nicer gala watch than I. :)