When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ultimate Seadweller

Tribal

I also have Joshua's PERFECT SD (no longer offered) which is a TW best. Its a beautiful watch BUT.....it is a SUB case, bezel is also from a sub so both are not thick enough, the valve is wrong, pearl is wrong and CG are thick. The question is............is the new offering better or worse than the PERFECT model?

From what I can see....the pearl is worse, case is thicker but bezel is the same, valve is much better, CG are the same. So we have gained a thicker case but now have a real lousey pearl to contend with. The price is lower so thats a plus. All in all its an improvement!

With all the help offered... which worked very well when Angus talked to us the whole time about the first IWC Cousteau Divers... I'm really sorry this SD is not what we all expected it to be. Of course they will sell quite some... but i think not enough... and remember... these forums are just for the new high end reps... after this they produce the canal street versions of it and these go in big volumes!

hmmmmmmmmm :g:

should someone wait for the PERFECT Seadweller... why you wait? It is available for $5.000 at your local AD

maybe this new seadweller is not 100% perfect (which rep is it?) but it is MILES better as the older models... and i am very happy that this new seadweller is on market. I am going for this... should anytime a BETTER version available on market... ok than sell my Seadweller and go for the updated version. Or should i wait for the 100% perfect Replica?... ohhhhhh sorry i have not time to wait some more years :p

this rep is good enough for me :rolleyes:

I think this is subjective and we aren't being just. Neither the UPO nor the SFSO nor the Aquaracer are perfect. In my opinion they are 90% near the genuines. Not enough AR, bad date font, incorrect crowns, bad pearls, etc. They're great reps but not perfect. There are a lot of myths in our hobby. The UPO needs some gen parts to be a 1-1 rep (I sold mine after seeing a gen because the lack of AR disturbed me a lot). The same in the case of the SFSO. I had a Aquaracer in my hands last friday and the date font alligment is ugly.

In the case of Rolex reps, we're more demanding than we're with the other brands. If this one wasn't a SD rep and it was another Omega model rep, we'd be delighted. But it's a Rolex!!! We need the perfection. Come on, guys! This is a great watch or so looks. Wait for the first reviews and, please, don't send the work of a lot of people to the rubbish without giving them a chance.

I'll post pics as soon as my Angus' SD arrives. If it's a shitty rep, then, please, be free and criticize it.

I think this is subjective and we aren't being just. Neither the UPO nor the SFSO nor the Aquaracer are perfect. In my opinion they are 90% near the genuines. Not enough AR, bad date font, incorrect crowns, bad pearls, etc. They're great reps but not perfect. There are a lot of myths in our hobby. The UPO needs some gen parts to be a 1-1 rep (I sold mine after seeing a gen because the lack of AR disturbed me a lot). The same in the case of the SFSO. I had a Aquaracer in my hands last friday and the date font alligment is ugly.

In the case of Rolex reps, we're more demanding than we're with the other brands. If this one wasn't a SD rep and it was another Omega model rep, we'd be delighted. But it's a Rolex!!! We need the perfection. Come on, guys! This is a great watch or so looks. Wait for the first reviews and, please, don't send the work of a lot of people to the rubbish without giving them a chance.

I'll post pics as soon as my Angus' SD arrives. If it's a shitty rep, then, please, be free and criticize it.

Hey nobody says it's a shitty watch....

The case looks damm good, also dial and bracelet etc...

It's only the bezel, it's too low and this is visible to eyeryone....

Maybe the manufacture can fix it with a new higher bezel,when the fisrt batch is sold....

I think a lot of member where involed in this project..

we told them how it must look,dimensions of case, bezel etc..

They told they have a gen one to compare. and than they make this visible flaw?

This is what bothers me a lot.....

funny thing is that with the sfso u only need a relume on the pearl and dials and youd have a near perfect one.. with this sd you need $1000 worth of mods and its still not close.. so as to your criticism about the sfso i dont agree..

i dont need to spend $1000+ on my 3717 but its gonna be near perfect :D

Hey nobody says it's a shitty watch....

The case looks damm good, also dial and bracelet etc...

It's only the bezel, it's too low and this is visible to eyeryone....

Maybe the manufacture can fix it with a new higher bezel,when the fisrt batch is sold....

I think a lot of member where involed in this project..

we told them how it must look,dimensions of case, bezel etc..

They told they have a gen one to compare. and than they make this visible flaw?

This is what bothers me a lot.....

I know and understand you. I only wanted to be respectful with the people that are working on this project. We've just looked at pics of a prototype. Let's wait for the final version. Only that. ;)

funny thing is that with the sfso u only need a relume on the pearl and dials and youd have a near perfect one.. with this sd you need $1000 worth of mods and its still not close.. so as to your criticism about the sfso i dont agree..

i dont need to spend $1000+ on my 3717 but its gonna be near perfect :D

I agree. The SFSO is the best rep I owe and I love it but it's not perfect. The date font and the lume are the only issues. I ordered from Tritec a C3 kit and a C1 kit and paid less than 60 EUR. With this quantity of pigment you can superlume a lot of dials and pearls. Why didn't they chose to increase a little the prize of the SFSO but making it perfect? We can't understand it buy maybe there's a reason.

I only want to say that we're very demanding with the Rolex reps and not so with others.

I ordered from Tritec a C3 kit and a C1 kit and paid less than 60 EUR. With this quantity of pigment you can superlume a lot of dials and pearls. Why didn't they chose to increase a little the prize of the SFSO but making it perfect? We can't understand it buy maybe there's a reason.

The reason replica makers don't superlume dials is that they are scared of theft. Superlume is more expensive than gold and their workers will steal lume, apparently.

See? There's a simple answer to everything. :D

Compare the bezel bottom thickness vs. King's 1st SD, true 1:1 with gen 3135 movt. Angus' on the left, King's 1st 1:1 SD on the right:

angusSD02-1.jpgkingSD02.jpg

Bezel bottom not thick enough.

So much for 1:1. Try again next time.

Though not 1:1, it's the best looking modern SD to date. Am I getting it? No.

Why don't the factory go with King's 1st 1:1? I don't mind they lower the crown to fit a more economical 2836 in it. At least the rest is 1:1, that is they fix the maxi-dial, datewheel and crystal (the super SD all these 3 dealers have has the correct beveled crystal so that's doable).

-bk

Actually, Kings bezel is too high, infact the caseback also looks too thick... have a look at the gen on the top, in the photo below

rollycomp10.jpg

Edited by Rocsen

Angus & Josh have both stated their stock shipped two days ago, and members on all the boards have claimed buying this model, so you can bet your buttons by Friday there will be plenty of pics & reviews for you to decide, instead of debating purely over a limited supply of dealers pics, all shot against black.

On a side note, I must admit, personally, this one is growing on me. I would have honestly loved to have bought King's 1:1, but with 5 emails & 2 PMs since the beginning of September, with zero response; fcuk her. I will never do business with that dealer.

It's obvious this new watch is a tad off, but as we've said to our learning members for ages--with SMPs, Subs, etc.,--"no rep is ever going to be 'perfect', so you have to get accustomed to it, if you're going to enjoy this hobby." :)

The logical & open-minded way to look at the new SD is that some claim the MBK/MBW the "best" Sub and are willing to settle for a great rehaut, while compromising things like poor dial print, and a sub-par bracelet & crown, while others tout the Noobmariner Sub as being a better compromise for having the best dial print, sharp crown & good bracelet, while settling for a shallow rehaut and different case construction. But as with most problems, if you're simply able to invest the money & time, they're usually fixable.

I have a feeling--that even partially flawed--once on the wrist, this watch will be quite impressive. Photos are hard to trust given that not only can they reveal flaws, but they can also conceal at the same time. How often have we seen the exact same watch from the exact same dealer shot by two different members, only to love one and dislike the other--even though they're exactly the same? This new SD looks like it has an excellent bracelet, sharp dial, sharp crown, a good clasp-logo stamp, good looking case & HEV construction, etc.--a true 14mm case, instead of the Sub-case-SD that's currently sold--there are a lot of qualities to this that appear better straight from the box than most of the Subs do. Maybe the bezel & crystal will look better in person--it's all in how it's worn & how it's lit. ;)

Personally, I'm excited waiting for the members reviews from those who were willing to take a leap of faith and buy this--sight-unseen--the second it hit the market. From my sources, there is no other modern SD in the works yet, and I have a feeling that some will be more pleased with this watch than originally anticipated.

Until friday i will have the watch on my hand....Be sure that i will take so many photos of it with super macro mode...so you

will see all the details....It will be a hell of o modem burner!!!!!!

Just wait for the bigest pictorial from me ......then you will have a 100% opinion if its good or not!!

Can't wait! Which dealer are you getting yours from?

Mine left China today from King so hopefully it will arrive ahead of Friday. I have owned 2 gen SD's in the last couple of years so I will know straight away if it compares well in feel and on my wrist. I personally think that the marginally thinner bezel will have no difference to the naked eye over a gen and I have a gen SD insert waiting to fit in this little beauty if the bezel dimensions are correct! :D

Mine left China today from King so hopefully it will arrive ahead of Friday. I have owned 2 gen SD's in the last couple of years so I will know straight away if it compares well in feel and on my wrist. I personally think that the marginally thinner bezel will have no difference to the naked eye over a gen and I have a gen SD insert waiting to fit in this little beauty if the bezel dimensions are correct! :D

Your review is much awaited!