When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Start Of The Week Wrist-Check (22-23 Oct. 2007)

Victoria

MONDAY

RED SOX WIN! And here I am celebrating it UK-style! :lol:

Showing off my new Europelli Baseball strap on the DSN PAM 112. In baseball this would be called a curve ball pitch, right? This is the same grip we use for swing balls.

cricketballpam112europebm5.jpg

Cut me some slack about the bails and the stumps, I KNOW! It's a kiddie "My First Cricket Set" from Hamley's bought for my future little boy (or girl). Presumably, this is easier for them to hit than the usual 3 stumps and 2 bails. :p

4stumps1baileuropellipaml9.jpg

Do I like the strap? Yes. Is it worth the $145 (was $135) price? Dunno. It's a mushy strap, looks well, but the leather is not the best (Drew is a nice guy though). Here is the reverse, buckle side -- comes with it. You can also see my lotion rash peeling in the palm. :yuk:

cricketballeuropellisidon5.jpg

Our nations have so much in common; both cricket and baseball rule! :)

willoweuropelliuh5.jpg

TUESDAY

This combo is a delayed promise in Erwinner's PAM 177h strap thread some time ago. Here seen with the Toscana Siena Carbon strap from Timeconnection.biz. :tu:

pam177toscanasienacarbofw7.jpg

Not bad. Not bad!

carbonsidebb5.jpg

It sparkles in the sun, like a diamond. ;)

carbonpam177over1cj9.jpg

Gotta love that tongue! :D

longtailcarbonur6.jpg

...GO RED SOX! SOX in 5! :)

Victoria, do you like your 177 better, or your 112?

I was very torn between those two recently, and decided on the 112, even though I like titanium watches...

DSC00336.jpg

DSC00326.jpg

Still enjoying the white SFSO on "titanium" gator.

I've decided to change the theme of my collection a bit, recently. I think the inspiration was partially motivated by how pleased I was with the way this combo turned out...

Victoria, do you like your 177 better, or your 112?

I was very torn between those two recently, and decided on the 112, even though I like titanium watches...

Whether Ti or SS, the Panerai is versatile, Mezz. Fear not. IMHO, you made the right choice, especially if you can't at first get both. However, caveats.

My 112 is a Davidsen and the 177 is an Andrew.

Now I love me some Andrew, but his watch came unmodded, whereas Davidsen's has all the bells and whistles so like his Fiddy, I tend to default to the 112 these days. I just love looking at the finish, the AR, the cannon pin all perfect and stuff. :wub:

That plays a role in my advice to you, no doubt.

Because the 177 is an awesome model, and you cannot go far wrong in choosing either. I guess I'm just used to the heft of the SS, because the Ti is as light as a feather. :)

@Scoobs: THANK YOU! I am really lovin' it.

@Emmzy: Apart from the fact that it would look bad on me (I feel), what prevented me from buying the charming Chopard MM is that I heard you can really hear that 7750 whirr away inside. I guess it must be true then.

There are days where it is really difficult to choose.

I'm about to get my wonderfull MM SeaDwellers back, in fact one arrived today, the double red.

But today another baby arrived aswell...

So which one should I wear?

:huh:

Gmt_DoubleRed_PS800_07.jpg

Gmt_DoubleRed_PS800_07B.jpg

I can't decide in fact so I wear both at home

:wub:

RolexSDDoubleRedMM_PS800_11.jpg

GmtMatserIIRepAu_PS800_03.jpg

To all Rolie fans, I'll post the follow up of the SD as soon as possible and of course I will also tell you more about that GMT ...

Cheers

Stephane