When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Seller Messed Up Order

worlok

I am in touch with a seller and I communicate with him multiple times EXACTLY what I want and I wait a few weeks to get it and its still wrong!! Also, the straps comes with 2 screws missing on one side. What is wrong that some of these guys are so careless.

You tell them you want a sterile back with no markings and they send glass back with Panerai markings. Trade emails, send picture from his catalog of what you want, he confirms. Defective strap too?

I'm fumed.

Edited by worlok

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Amazing.

I am in touch with an HK seller, well known, and I communicate with him multiple times EXACTLY what I want and I wait a few weeks to get it and its still wrong!! Also, the straps comes with 2 screws missing on one side. What is wrong that some of these guys are so careless.

You tell them you want a sterile back with no markings and they send glass back with Panerai markings. Defective strap too.

I'm fumed.

:angry::Jumpy:

Contact the seller and see what he says. :g:

Contact the seller and see what he says. :g:

Yeah, I did. Still waiting for reply. It just gets me though b/c I don't want to have to pay to send it back to HK and after being so SPECIFIC with him and he replied and KNEW what I wanted there is just no excuse for it to come the way it did. It's still in plastic but I'm willing to bet dollars to donuts that the crystal is probably mineral as opposed to the sapphire I requested and he confirmed but I can't test that b/c I don't want to unwrap it under the circumstances.

I waited about 2 weeks for this thing and now to be disapointed so...... :Jumpy:

...and who sends a watch with the screws on the lug bar end missing the two screws which hold on the strap? I have real straps but really that doesn't help my attitude right now.........

This guy came highly recommended mind you but for now I am witholding his handle. I don't want to run afoul of proper ettiquette. Even if he makes it right though this is just so unexcusable. This shouldn't happen especially with the volume of communication I had with him prior to the sale.

If your dealer is one of the well known and trusted dealers on the on the boards, you should know, after reading their reviews, that they will take care of problems. You should be emailing/PMing them directly and calmly explaining the problem instead of flaming them on the forum. That doesn't score you many points, here or with your dealer. If after repeated attempts over a reasonable period of time still doesn't resolve your problem . . . THEN . . . post your message.

Great first post BTW . . .

8^(

B

It's too early to flame on the board...

I waited about 2 weeks for this thing and now to be disapointed so...... Jumpy.gif

Maybe you shouldn't buy any reps. People waited months and were disappointed. Welcome to the rep world. I have received so many wrong orders and watches that came DOA. Live with it.

...and who sends a watch with the screws on the lug bar end missing the two screws which hold on the strap?

Ask the seller to send you the screws. It's just small issue imo. Also, why don't you check the glass before assuming it to be mineral crystal instead of sapphire crystal? What is the watch anyway, PAM183? Maybe someone here has spare screws.

Even if he makes it right though this is just so unexcusable. This shouldn't happen especially with the volume of communication I had with him prior to the sale.

Well, if making it right is still inexcusable, then you probably won't find any good dealer here. Maybe you can post a picture and tell us what you ordered? You know, sometimes you just can't ask for too many custom stuffs. You are not the only customer. If everyone ask the seller to get a 183 with the new PT movement, with sapphire crystal + AR coating + a 210 rep strap +... that is just going to give him too much trouble. So far, the only problem I can see is the missing screws. It's a very small issue to me. Btw, if you are talking about Puretime or Davidsen, I am sure he will fix it for you.

Edited by cwai02

If your dealer is one of the well known and trusted dealers on the on the boards, you should know, after reading their reviews, that they will take care of problems. You should be emailing/PMing them directly and calmly explaining the problem instead of flaming them on the forum. That doesn't score you many points, here or with your dealer. If after repeated attempts over a reasonable period of time still doesn't resolve your problem . . . THEN . . . post your message.

Great first post BTW . . .

8^(

B

You act as if I was using their name. Look, when I communicate thoroughly with someone and then GIVE THEM MY HARD EARNED MONEY I expect them to follow through correctly. No stupid careless mistakes and quality issues.

If he resolves it correctly I would update and still not mention who it was. I am not one though who thinks that any offer is resolution enough. If it turns out that he expects me to pay postage or some other cash outlay to make it right when he messed up then that isn't sufficient either.

HK Ray did that to me with his pseudo Ruhla. The idiot expected me to send the faulty watch back to him in HK ON MY DIME for replacement when he couldn't even bother to make sure that he sent me a good one in the first place. A 10 second check would have shown that guy that the watch was bad. We'll see if this guy does the same and believe me a 10 second glance would have told him the back wasn't unmarked and the strap was defective.

Forums are great for a quick vent. IF you don't like it then move on I don't want to bore you my friend.

He withheld the sellers name, so I give him credit for that. He also has a good point, just because we are buying a rep doesn't mean we should really expect a lower level of service. I love chicago style pizza but price is about 8x more then little ceasers, doesnt mean im happy when little ceasers screws up my pizza.

That being said, im sure if it was one of the dealers here it will be rectified. Sh|t happens, its how your dealers resolves the issue is what really counts at the end of the day.

Guest HeWhoIsLikeGod

Based on my expierience, I would bet all my watches that this is about ANDREW, TWG. I ordered a JLC watch from him, and he said he had the watch and would ship it to me ASAP. I emailed him after a couple weeks of no tracking number and no watch, he replied by saying he didn't have the watch but he sent out a different watch that he thought I would like. The watch he planned on sending was a different brand and had a black face, the watch I ordered had a silver face, I didn't want a subsitute and the watch he tried to send me was a horrible subsitute. I don't think Andrew is a very respectful seller here, on occasion he is borderline scamming.

Based on my expierience, I would bet all my watches that this is about ANDREW, TWG. I ordered a JLC watch from him, and he said he had the watch and would ship it to me ASAP. I emailed him after a couple weeks of no tracking number and no watch, he replied by saying he didn't have the watch but he sent out a different watch that he thought I would like. The watch he planned on sending was a different brand and had a black face, the watch I ordered had a silver face, I didn't want a subsitute and the watch he tried to send me was a horrible subsitute. I don't think Andrew is a very respectful seller here, on occasion he is borderline scamming.

Nope. But thanks for the ID of one to avoid. :victory:

BTW LOVE that avatar! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Edited by worlok

ha? Andrew? Good try...

I am sure he will let you return for a refund.

Edited by cwai02

Just my 2 cents

Look, when I communicate thoroughly with someone and then GIVE THEM MY HARD EARNED MONEY I expect them to follow through correctly. No stupid careless mistakes and quality issues.

With that attitude I'm sorry to say that I don't think the rep game is for you, because if you stick around you're going to see a whole lot worse than this.

Just one question straight out of left field........Is this dealer that you are talking about one of ours? something in the way you state your claim makes me feel that it might be a dealer from another site such as iOffer.

@HeWhoIsLikeGod

Andrew is most certainly a respected dealer here, if you have had a few issues maybe you should start another thread and tell us about them, but many members swear by his service.

Ken

difficult to belive that this is one of our trusted dealers...if it is, i belive that it will be solved soon...

actually, never heard of bad review about trusty...and if he is from HK...it could be....i know...but i don't wanna tell it because i have no proves...

well, hope this gets resolved between customer and dealer....and think that there is no need that this post should go on...

if he really is one of THE DEALERS...he'll solve the prob...give him a little time...

P.S.

i know that waiting for a watch and getting disappointed is difficult for everyone...but patience is a virtue...so be patient a little bit...

i am now waiting for my 217 asian unitas...hope the mvt will be fine cause lately i've read a lot of negative feedbcks about it...but even if i get a DOA or a bad watch...what can i do...contact a dealer and be patient...

just my 0.0000000000000000002$ :lol:

Just my 2 cents

With that attitude I'm sorry to say that I don't think the rep game is for you, because if you stick around you're going to see a whole lot worse than this.

Just one question straight out of left field........Is this dealer that you are talking about one of ours? something in the way you state your claim makes me feel that it might be a dealer from another site such as iOffer.

@HeWhoIsLikeGod

Andrew is most certainly a respected dealer here, if you have had a few issues maybe you should start another thread and tell us about them, but many members swear by his service.

Ken

Yeah, he's here. I am not saying his name and if he really makes good and corrects his mistake to my liking I will never mention his name directly in relation to this.

As far as my attitude. I paid my money. I communicated verbosely and frequently. The Gmail thread between him and I spans about 22 messages. He KNEW what I wanted. Is it so bad to pay your money, wait about 2 weeks, and then want it to come as you told him and as he confirmed? This is just about doing business. As far as I am concerned it has little to do with reps and everything to do with the seller being a good seller and making sure the stuff goes out as ordered. I mean even the strap had the 2 screws missing which attach one side to the lug. :yuk: I'm really [censored] off and I think I have a right to be, regardless of his response. I have a new watch I was excited to get and it's sitting in a drawer still in the packaging. Not the type of experience I was looking forward to. I didn't buy this thing to mod or to have to send out to a watchmaker the first thing I got it. I expressly said I wasn't after a replica but a homage so I didn't want ANY Panerai markings. You'rr right, reps aren't for me but homages and lookalikes are okay with me. the seller said he could do it and so far he failed. I didn't do anything wrong. I held up my end of the bargain. I was a good customer and paid right away. I did my due diligence and communicated everything and he understood and knew what I wanted. This leaves me no choice but to conclude that he was just being careless. Little does he know that I know many a WIS who would probably place homage orders with him if I report a good experience. I already have several who are waiting on my experience. So far I don't have much in the way of anything good to tell them.

Thank goodness I have another contact who is going to be making another homage which I think might be better than what this guy has in more configurations, but still he could have parlayed it into more sales which I assume any businessman wants.

Remember, you never get a second chance to make a good first impression. Nowhere is that more truthful than in business when you take people's money. Oh yeah, the other rule is the customer is always right.

Whereas I fully understand that it must be a real dissappointment to receive the wrong watch after being so careful in explaining what you wanted, the fact is in this game nothing can be taken for granted.

On our old board we tried to design our own watch, a very simple design too, after about a year the guys who actually received their watch still had to put up with stupid flaws.

I should point out as well that over the years I have done quite a lot of business, buying from different places over the Net and to receive goods in under a Month is phenomenal, people forget to credit that to our dealers.

Ken

Gosh...22 emails for one order...

Well, I just went into the bathroom here at work and peeled the plastic partially off the crystal and guess what! It's MINERAL! The water didn't bead it spread out all over it.

He assured me it would be sapphire. Strike Three! :Jumpy:

I specifically asked, more than once and repeated myself clearly so that there would be no misunderstanding I wanted a solid sterile back, sapphire front. I get mineral front and glass back with panerai markings on rear - and to add insult to injury the strap it came with was defective.

We'll see what he says. I have to send him another email about the crystal now.

Anyone want to buy a watch? It's a quite nice watch if it's what you're after and you have other 26mm straps.

Andrew is in Malaysia.

Has Andrew moved? Last I heard he was in Singapore. Never mind... not HK.

Worlok... there are some dealers who pick, pack and despatch their own stock, and others who gather orders, then transmit them to the factory for shipment ("dropshippers").

Dropshippers tend to have lower prices.

"Pickers & packers" , like Jos Nana, Narikaa and TTK provide better, more personal service.

(Some might argue that TTK's service isn't better... but you can't argue that he can get personal. :D I jest... I have always enjoyed prompt, courteous service from him)

Next time, if you have specific requests, be sure that you are not doing business with a dropshipper.

I'm sorry that the watch that you received did not live up to your expectations. But the problem does sound minor and can probably be fixed easily, cheaply and quickly. As someone else already said, post some pics... maybe someone here will be able to help you... or at least point you in the right direction.

Happy timekeeping!

Clive

Certain dealers boast of inspecting and mailing every watch personally. I don't know if this happens with absolutely every watch they sell, but at least that is their reputation.

Over time, this reputation results in increased sales for a greater variety of watches -- not all of which the dealer has in possession. So perhaps he comes to rely on one or more assistants located closer to the factory.

You are one customer, and perhaps the dealer is exchanging e-mails with 20 or 30 customers at one time. By the time you are ready to order (that is, after you have exchanged those 20 ro so e-mails you mentioned) , the dealer may be transmitting 10, 20, or 30 orders to his agent and/or factory, so the result of your 20 e-mails at this point is little different than an order from someone who only needed one or two e-mails.

Let's say the agent packages five, or 10, or 15 Panerai orders at one time. How hard would it be to accidentally swap outtwo mailing labels?

[censored] happens. It's frustrating, but true, whether you are dealing with a rep dealer or Amazon.

Having said that, any dealer worth his salt will work things out with you, and expedite delivery of the correct watch to you. I truly hope your frustration and disappointment are ameliorated and your request resolved.

Good luck.

As to why some dealers never see what they are mailing...

Since you don't have to live where the factory is, to be in business with them..

it would add shipping fees, customs risks and time to the process.

We do have some dealers however that break the mold... I have

seen some pretty amazing things... :thumbsupsmileyanim: