When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Wanna pull the trigger today

flamemax

Hello All,

My impulsive side it getting the better of me, and as a result I want to pull the trigger tonight on a watch. The problem is, I don't know what to buy.

I want something that can hold the time, that has probably has a tad of custom work done to is, and not a watch that comes right out of an asian manufactuere with out any QA or TLC. M budget is about $300 CAN +/-.

What do you knowledgeable folks recommend.

I know this is hard without knowing what i like, so here goes;

Nothing gold (or whatever) plated.

Nothing with roman type numerals like the a Chopard

Nothing with fake (or real for that matter) diamonds.

I'm not crazy about a rubber (or anything other than SS) strap, but exceptions can be made, as in the Divers or a PAM.

I like my watches big >41mm

and, I am not crazy about flashy colors, like the Orange PO for instance.

I have a thing for fancy materials such as titanium.

I also have a thing for movements with a flair

Can I get some educated recommendations?

Many thanks on any and all recommendations as this will greatly help me make a decision.

Thanks!

Robb AKA Flamemax

OK, let me rephrase.

If you were me right now, and had a few hundred extra Canadian dollaras to spend on an addidion to your collection, what would you buy?

Your question is very vauge,,, in the sense that there are sooo many makers and movements .. what I suggest is that you go to the review section and try to narrow your likes and dislikes there ... bytor and Pugwash and the rest of the members who have posted their reviews did a surperlative job and this is what that section is for..

I have made choices after studying their reviews..Panerai... Breitling.. Tag .. Omega.. Rolex etc.. all there to view.. believe me when I say ... you will not stop at one

Sssurfer (Panerai)... Kruzer (wide knowledge of many Brands) ... Andrew,..chrgod,..Italiano ..(breitling) ... some other members that come to mind for tech info.

You should make it a persoanl choice.. what I like may be totally different from your likes... so take a couple of hours to research and ask questions on the board.. but just asking what you should get.. may be jumping the gun a little..I am not meaning to discourage you .. but in researching and reading the post you may be happier with your choice .. you are the one that will wear it..

You must have a preference to some brand?

good Luck in your search

LIVE STRONG AND WEAR IT WELL

LANIKAI :D

OK, let me rephrase.

If you were me right now, and had a few hundred extra Canadian dollaras to spend on an addidion to your collection, what would you buy?

You my dear Flamemax, given your criteria, are a Panerai man waiting to be born.

PAM 112 from Davidsen:

DSCF5433.jpg

DSCF5451.jpg

DSCF5322.jpg

DSCF4725.jpg

Specs:

-44MM HIGH POLISHED CASE WITH HIGH POLISED CG

-SAPPHIRE WITH AR COATING

-WHIE DIAL WITH SUPERLUMED C3

-SUPERLUEMD HANDS

-SWISS MADE 7497 MOVT WITH SWAN NECK

- 3ATM WR TESTED

-BLACK BUFFALO GRAIN LEATHER STRAP WITH PANNY LOGO STEEL BUCKLE

PM him for price and payment details.

If you want wrist-shots, just hit "Search" and input "PAM 112" and "vbarrett". You'll get your fill. Good luck!

@lanikai

I have been reading and lurking on this board for quite some time, with a couple of pauses thrown in here and there.

In unserstand exactyl what you are saying about "my choice will be the best" but the gist of this post is to help me make a impulsive decision ;)

I like the ROlex in the Sub, SeaD, Explorer flavors, I like the Omega PO, I like the tag monaco, I like the PAMS (but I must admit, I am having a hadr time digesting all the models, choices and info, SS bracelet, leather, more than one strap, modded or no, chrono, or not.. I'm dizzy now) I like certain IWC, HBB!! (Yeah Baby).

But the thing is, I have been looking at wrist candy with the intent of purchasing for the past couple of weeks, and have not been able to choose :(

Hence this topic.

I do thank you for the reply!

Robb AKA Flamemax

Your question is very vauge,,, in the sense that there are sooo many makers and movements .. what I suggest is that you go to the review section and try to narrow your likes and dislikes there ... bytor and Pugwash and the rest of the members who have posted their reviews did a surperlative job and this is what that section is for..

I have made choices after studying their reviews..Panerai... Breitling.. Tag .. Omega.. Rolex etc.. all there to view.. believe me when I say ... you will not stop at one

Sssurfer (Panerai)... Kruzer (wide knowledge of many Brands) ... Andrew,..chrgod,..Italiano ..(breitling) ... some other members that come to mind for tech info.

You should make it a persoanl choice.. what I like may be totally different from your likes... so take a couple of hours to research and ask questions on the board.. but just asking what you should get.. may be jumping the gun a little..I am not meaning to discourage you .. but in researching and reading the post you may be happier with your choice .. you are the one that will wear it..

You must have a preference to some brand?

good Luck in your search

LIVE STRONG AND WEAR IT WELL

LANIKAI :D

You are correct, I have literally been dreaming of PAM as of late. The thing is, that family is so compelx, I am having a hard time wrapping my head around it. I acttally saw the 112 earlier on a collector's page, it had a SS bracelet along with a leather one for an additional cost. I almost ordered it, but it was missing the do-hickey(chrono type device) on the left side of the dial that I have discovered I like (because that is what prevented me from pulling the trigger).

Thanks for re-igniting my flame for this particular model.

Robb AKA Flamemax

You my dear Flamemax, given your criteria, are a Panerai man waiting to be born.

PAM 112 from Davidsen:

DSCF5433.jpg

DSCF5451.jpg

DSCF5322.jpg

DSCF4725.jpg

Specs:

-44MM HIGH POLISHED CASE WITH HIGH POLISED CG

-SAPPHIRE WITH AR COATING

-WHIE DIAL WITH SUPERLUMED C3

-SUPERLUEMD HANDS

-SWISS MADE 7497 MOVT WITH SWAN NECK

- 3ATM WR TESTED

-BLACK BUFFALO GRAIN LEATHER STRAP WITH PANNY LOGO STEEL BUCKLE

PM him for price and payment details.

If you want wrist-shots, just hit "Search" and input "PAM 112" and "vbarrett". You'll get your fill. Good luck!

@lanikai

I have been reading and lurking on this board for quite some time, with a couple of pauses thrown in here and there.

In unserstand exactyl what you are saying about "my choice will be the best" but the gist of this post is to help me make a impulsive decision ;)

I like the ROlex in the Sub, SeaD, Explorer flavors, I like the Omega PO, I like the tag monaco, I like the PAMS (but I must admit, I am having a hadr time digesting all the models, choices and info, SS bracelet, leather, more than one strap, modded or no, chrono, or not.. I'm dizzy now) I like certain IWC, HBB!! (Yeah Baby).

But the thing is, I have been looking at wrist candy with the intent of purchasing for the past couple of weeks, and have not been able to choose :(

Hence this topic.

I do thank you for the reply!

Robb AKA Flamemax

Get them all... no seriously.. I know where your coming from... Omega-UPO.. the classic black dial,...Tag.. check out the carrera or tag link is great.,... Panerai.. if you like TI-check out the 189 anthracite dial,.. breitling EVO's ,, IWC Aquatimer is coming out on the 5th,...

so .. I know i have been of little help.. because if you can stop at 1... then you may be the first.. :lol:

have FUN,,,

Thanks to all who posted their suggestions -

I was recently on the PAM forum and posted this there; I've made a decision, now I just have to figure out where to get a good one, and who can get it to me the fastest <grin>.

*Quote from the PAM Forum*

Hello and thanks to all who posted here essentially building yet another informative PAM thread.

Question; Would I fond davidsen in the Collectors forum, if so what alias does he go by.

I posted a topic in the general discussion forum asking what watch suggestions members had.

The result of that post is that I have decided to spring on a PAM111 H or E, have not decided that yet.

I will purchase it with a thick brown strap with bold stiching as well as a SS bracelet, if possible.

Now on to selecting a collector/member/person to buy from.

I don't mind purchasing used either, hint hint, to anyone wanting to part with one...

Sorry for hijacking the post.

Robb AKA Flamemax

*END- Quote from the PAM Forum*

*Quote from the PAM Forum*

Hello and thanks to all who posted here essentially building yet another informative PAM thread.

Question; Would I fond davidsen in the Collectors forum, if so what alias does he go by.

Wa-haaa?? Please tell me you didn't go to the gen forum, and ask about Davidsen??

Please tell me I misread this! Could happen. I just had some Nyquil and my brain could be fuzzy..........

EDIT: Oh whew, I re-read -- okay PAM forum. Not the gen forum for PAMs. WHEW. Thank God...that Finepics thread has made me paranoid.

EDIT #2: You have to be a VIP to look at members' galleries, although recently in the VIP forum, there was a member who said that's not true. It's been a while since I've not been a VIP, but either way, he goes by davidsenjpn as his ID.

HAAH, exacyly,

It was posted here; http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=53788

In the Panerai area of RWG.

And I beleive I am a VIP member, or at least a Supporter, My membership dues have been paid.

I Guess lack on info is how rumours get started, huh?

Sorry for that.

Robb AKA Flamemax

My brain might be playing tricks on me, but I have not see davidsen in the Collectors area.

Robb AKA Flamemax

**EDIT For fear of submitting guarded info on this public topic; If someone could PM me davidsen's info so that I may view his watches or contact him it would be much appreciated END EDIT**

I Guess lack on info is how rumours get started huh?

You bet! Sorry too.

My brain might be playing tricks on me, but I have not see davidsen in the Collectors area.

Wow, I couldn't believe it, so I went to look. He's not listed! I was sure I had seen it, so I went hunting for it, and it seems there is a section for him in the Member Reviews (people who bought from him), but he doesn't have a gallery here.

Since I'm on several forums, I guess it all melded together in my mind. This may not be good form, but if you need to, go to RWI. I KNOW he has a gallery there.

Good luck!

P.S.: If you do go for his 111h, go for the 3rd generation dial. With Davidsen, you have to SPECIFICALLY ask for everything, else you get pot-luck.

@lanikai

Hence this topic.

You've been lurking since April...that's longer than Lady V I think...you should have addressed your dilemma, by purchasing at least 60-70 reps by now. ;)

If I were you get the new super seadweller. You will not regret it. Its the best out of the box Rolex rep available and virtually no one will be able to tell that its not a gen. Just DO IT!

His siggy says he has a Sea Dweller already, so I think he's looking for something different. I was thinking the Sea Dweller as well...

There should be anumber of OMEGas to selcty from that should fit your taste

Even some PLanet Oceanss can be had all black so that is my advise to you. Good luck.