When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Weekend Wrist-Check (2-4 Nov 2007)

Victoria

Sorry for the old shot, but this is what I'm wearing ^_^

45bd8c67.jpg

I went into the jewellers today and asked for my watch back as I wanted to see if the 029 caseback would fit.

It did. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

The watch has been running for 3.5 hours without problem, so fingers crossed, it might be wearable on my trip to Spain, which means I can actually get use of the SS Bracelet I bought specifically so I could swim with the watch on :lol:

Really wierd occurence, the 029 'stalled' this morning before I went into town. Shaking it did nothing, nor did hand-winding the stem, so I removed the caseback, went into town, and put it out of my mind (although I was pretty [censored] that I wouldn't have a PAM to wear) When I got home, I tried the caseback on the 111h, and it screwed on no trouble. Only slight glitch, is, as the caseback is slightly more shaped, it's pulling the bracelet in a little bit tighter than normal. Back to the 029. It still wasn't responding to shaking (although the rotor was spinning cleanly), nor hand-winding (which felt like it was ratcheting as normal) so out of curiousity, I touched the balance wheel with the screwdriver I use to swap my PAM bracelet/straps about, and, it started working. It has also been running soundly for the past few hours, so now, I'm waiting to see which (if either) craps out first (I have to admit, my suspicions are on the 111h) but, assuming they're both okay by the time I leave tomorrow, I have to decide which to take... The 029, which I can't fit the SS bracelet to for swimming, but does have the GMT function for tracking 'home time', or, the 111h, which accepts all the bracelets and straps, but will require re-setting on the plane. Decisions decisions :lol:

Edited by TeeJay

Well I haven't been around much lately, been riding my new motorcycle and getting all the pieces together for my 5513 project. So I guess it will be my wrist check:

S6300558.jpg

S6300561.jpg

Yes, the movement is not in yet...but soon! And it will look around 30-40 years old...I promise!

(and yes, the pearl stays out! I like it that way!)

Edited by predfan2001

Do you mean Keira Knightley was not an innocent choice... ^_^

There is a resemblence that has been remarked...but she's about 100 lbs lighter than I am. :lol:

I could barely tell her apart from the ship skeletons in Pirates of the Caribbeans...

Or were you talking about the fake Prada sunglasses of Jane Badler ?

LOL! Hey! I know my sunglasses. Those are 80s Lacoste knock-offs. :D