When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ripping open a package after a long wait...

slai

I bought what was supposed to be a new modded fiddy - cannon pin, the works...and after a long wait, I was disappointed to find this in this package. I'm not going to mention names since I feel the person I bought it from will make things right. I'm just venting my frustration and disappointment at opening the package and seeing this...part of the pitfalls of rep collecting I suppose. I left the flash on in the first pic to show the scratches and crap under the crystal. :(

disappointed1.jpg

disappointed2.jpg

Full size pics are here if anyone wants to take a close look. 2 meg files.

http://www.outbraking.com/images/IMG_1625.jpg

http://www.outbraking.com/images/IMG_1611.jpg

Hmmm... That's not looking 'fully modded' at all... Strike one for the dealer... Promises to 'make it right' are one thing, but getting it right first time, is prefereable :)

I hope you get a satisfactory resolution on the deal, best of luck :)

I don't know what to say...after the dealer got this watch back, he said he'll clean the case, reset the hands and send it back. I really hope I'm misunderstanding something because that will result in almost no improvement. This is getting frustrating.

If this is the case slai then i would get a refund and take your business to a different dealer

he said he'll clean the case, reset the hands and send it back. I really hope I'm misunderstanding something because that will result in almost no improvement. This is getting frustrating.

Well, I beleive you need to document NOW what you beleive needs to be done to make this right, so there is no room for error at a later time.

Numerical points sometimes work best.

1.XXXXXXXXXXXXXfitXXXXXXXXXX

2.YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYreplaceYYYYYYY

3.ZZZZZZZZZZZZZrepairZZZZZZZ

Etc,

Offshore

I don't know what to say...after the dealer got this watch back, he said he'll clean the case, reset the hands and send it back. I really hope I'm misunderstanding something because that will result in almost no improvement. This is getting frustrating.

Gosh, that's a shame, Slai. Do you have the correspondence where he promised all would be fixed?

I'm sure if it's a trusted collector that he or she will make it right. I'm hoping the best for you! :)

That doesn't sound right at all. You have to wonder how you could miss so much dirt and lint, but even more so - what happened to the cannon pin?

I think your being mislead, missing a speck of dirt on the dial happens, but missing a whole cannon pin, that's another story.

Re-seating the hands is not going to make the cannon pin longer, the hands are unmodified and the cannon pin is too short.

If this was advertised with these parts installed, and we can clearly see that they aren't, then that is being deceitful and not a good thing for the members here. I would take offshore's suggsestion.

RG