When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

UHH! ETA-Sub with Rolex parts on ebay... 405 GBP by now...

Ingo

ebay Link

Note: If link does not work, type "submariner custom" in ebay.com search!

SUBMARINER custom assembled with Rolex Genuine Parts

8 YEARS ON EBAY, MONEY BACK GARANTEE Ref:16610 L@@K Item number: 220167618935

NO COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT IS PRESENT IN THIS AUCTION!

Ebay eployees read this:

All the pieces for sale here displaying the Rolex Logo over them, are genuine replacement parts MADE by "Rolex SA Geneve" there are hundreds of them for sale all over ebay (click here and here just for a couple of examples). The remaining parts are either Genuine parts from other respected manifacturers or pieces of molded Stainless Steel unbranded and in no way advertised as anything else than that.

As stated above NO COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT IS PRESENT IN THIS AUCTION!

Version: 2006/2007 16610 Stainless Steel with black Dial and black Bezel Insert

Condition: NEW and unworn (had it for collection purposes)

Safeness:

Over 8 years on ebay!

300+ Transactions (more than 200 with different users)

Moneyback Garantee (you either like it or your money back!!!)

POWERSELLER (you cannot subscribe to be a Powerseller, it is Ebay and Ebay alone that invites the best sellers in the program!)

Paypal + Ebay buyer protection (up to US$2000)

The Full Story:

First of all let me tell you that this is NOT one of those "so called SwissMade" Reps (I bought 3 of those in the past from different websites claiming they had the best, and none of them can hold a candle to this masterpiece),

What we've got here instead is a RARE Submariner made by many genuine Rolex Parts. The case (316L Stainless Steel) was sent to a professional jeweler/watchmaster who performed a formidable job in reworking the whole thing into perfection (including but not limited too the crown guards). Genuine Rolex parts such as Bezel Insert, Bezel Pearl, Dial etc. were installed (any compatibility issue was resolved by the Two different watch masters I sent this beauty to).

The end result is nothing short of breathtaking:

Completely Re-Worked Stainless Steel

Perfect beveling between sheen and brushed metal parts just like the latest generation Submariners!

Stellar Date Magnification

Perfect Date Fonts

Original Rolex Pearl

Rolex Bezel Insert

Rolex Dial

Triplock crown with O-Ring

Genuine 28,800 BPH Swiss ETA 2836-2 (same BPH as Rolex 3135!)

Unidirectional Bezel (exactly 120 clicks!)

EXTRA waterproofing (up to 100 meters TESTED!!!)

Perfect Sizing and Weight!

MUCH MORE!!

To make it short if you want a little more than this you better find a Rolex Dealer...Fast!!!

Buy it NOW SPECIAL!!!!

If the winner gets this with buy it now I will add the following:

Original Rolex Box (latest version includes 2 outer boxes - one with the Rolex logo - and a standard polishing cloth!)

Original Rolex Leather "garantee holder"

Original Rolex "Translation" booklet

Original Rolex Submariner Anchor (given by Rolex as a courtesy to Submariner's owners)

Original Submariner Instruction manual

Original "Your Rolex Oyster" booklet (Italian version)

Original Rolex/Cellini polishing cloth

Original Red Seal "Superlative Chronometer Officially Certified" (holographic)

Original Rolex Calendar Card

Everything that comes with a 2007 Rolex Submariner!!!

5 BIG REASONS as to WHY BUY IT NOW:

There is no better Deal around, no matter what you have read, if you check the forums here and there you will know the only way to get a great RLX is to Mod, Mod and again Mod.

If you buy a cheaper watch to mod it to perfection, purchase the extra parts, pay the watchmeisters,pay for shipping the watch around several times, buy the complete kit above etc. you will spend more than what I ask and you will have to WAIT 3 to 6 months risking to loose the watch in one of its errands.

"The other one" retails for UK

Edited by Ingo

Just for arguments sake, what if all that he says is true (gen parts etc), why should there be a problem? After all alot of people would like to own a good modded sub and as long as they are aware from the beginning that the watch is not a gen then what's wrong with that? Lets not forget that many esteemed members here sell their modded pieces to fellow members and everyone admires their work and says how lucky the buyer is to have snapped up such a beauty? So what's the difference here? Of course if the man is lying then that is a different kettle of fish, but what if he is not?

Food for thought.

If what he says is true, then Ebay should let it go. But there is no way.. the first clue is the account is registered in Dominican Republic and the item is in Italy.. I find that hard to believe. It looks like he purposefully does not show the crown guards or the bracelet clasp (which I'm sure has a Rolex logo on it). This looks like the conical rehaut case which I don't think a genuine dial will fit in that. The whole thing looks bogus.

Guest watchbuff

Well why not, If it is a genuine case and dial set with an ETA movemetn he is telling the whole truth about this "hybrid" I cannot tell if a sub case is gen or not, I am not that sub saavy yet. I have a datejust dial in grey that I placed on a 2836 asian clone when I started to lya around with dial/movement combo's and considering posting it up on E bay myself. I opted to go with my pearl dial since I have so many black dial watches already.

I would not report him unless you can spot the tell tale mark that cries fake. At least he is being honest about the movement.

A DJ with an ETA sold for over $900.00 on the bay saome time ago and I did not get a chance to look at the case or dial or band.

I don't see a problem with this, certainly no intent to scam.

I bet ebay will leave it go, as they only want the revenue.

They do howver have a program called VRO, ( Verified Rights Owner... or some such nonsense), so i'm sure if Rolex or GAF complain, it will disappear in a heartbeat!

Offshore

Guest watchbuff

WTF is ornamental design infringement? That mean Invicta watches are illegal>? They flat out copy all the big brand luxury watches.

I am going to sell my 2836 asian with a gen dial next week on the bay.

Well, to me, I get the impression of a scam. Why? Well the very first thing that I noticed when I checked out the listing is at the top of the description he shows some pictures of genuine Rolex parts. I'm thinking cool, gen parts, but when I look closer, he has tried to cover up the part numbers. And did a poor job at that. When I see stuff like that, it is always a red flag and I immediately think they are trying to hide something. Why hide the part numbers? I like how he cleverly including links to gen parts that are way overpriced to lead the buyer to think they are getting a good deal on his watch. $145 for a crown, even in gold that is a lot of money. And a link to a $285 Sub dial that has been repainted! Very clever. Some unsuspecting buyer is already thinking that the Sub they are bidding on has $400+ in gen parts just by those two references.

I'm sorry, but this auction seems to hide too much for all the claims in the text. If it were me listing one of my frankens, I would make a point to show pics of every single gen part and list the details of each part. I see none of that in this auction. There isn't even a picture of the movement cased? Just that stock photo that he used on a previous auction.

And watchbuff, I did see that franken that sold on Ebay a while back. I can't believe someone paid $900 for it! Gen case, dial, eta, aftermarket band, no date overlay, just the mis-aligned eta disc in the window. Ugggh!

I do have to say that he is very clever in the listing. Unfortunately, someone is going to pay way too much for this watch.

cant be a gen dial on this watch..i had the same sub with the conical rehaut and the date is way off to the right edge of the dial. Looks like the only thing gen on this is maybe the pearl and maybe the bezel insert but im not convinced. He says triplock crown but it looks like a rep crown becasue the tube looks too small in the one picture. This looks like a poor $200 ETA sub with a bezel insert mod.

Reading the two previous replies, that to me make complete sense, one would have to condemn him for trying to scam people (if that is the case). Which opens up another issue, could, or should a person be reprimanded by the bay for a scam such as this? I suspect they would not want to get involved in the intricacies of parts gen or aftermarket etc etc but it would be mighty interesting to see which way they fall, would they remove the ad or would they let it stay as the person at no time makes any claim that the watch is gen? Its probably a question for lawyers and also ebays relationship with Rolex. I honestly do not know what Rolex think of Ebay and vice versa.

I still think this auction is a nonissue.

He doesn't say it's original and he admits there were compatibility issues and that those were solved through modding the "pieces" themselves ( not just the watch, clever wording indeed).

The fact is, you cannot proove such trivial matters to people that understand nothing about replicas, unless you meet with them with several watches in hand (for comparison) the FIRST of which should be the ACTUAL watch for sale here.

Otherwise it would be quite pointless, what if its a custom made case that has nothing to do with the above mentioned one?

Without the actual object in hand we could argue for years (and ebay likes the fees anyway...).

At least I feel lucky, since I know where to get great stuff for the right price! :tu: