When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What Brand Do You Get The Most Comments On?

the_man

Not to sound pretentious, but I think a big reason why I buy reps is to get the occasional " wow that's one hell of a time piece" comment. I think I speak for alot of us when I say that it makes you fell all giddy deep down inside. I've only had two brands; a Patek and a Rollie. The Patek comments were far and few in between. But when I got them, they were like" Damn guy, thats one hell of a watch." When I sport the Rollie of course you get more comments, much more well known brand to your average Joe. But its the, "Nice watch, is it real? Can I check it out?" kind of thing. No one wants to try on or dare question the authenticity of the Patek. At least its a rarity.

I guess I'm looking for the best of both worlds. I'd like watch brand that is some what well known, but not too often replicated. Or at least not known to be replicated to the avergae person. I guess I want the same shock and awe as a Patek but more often. Any suggestions?

My Franck Muller Conquistador... which I wore today into an authorized Breitling dealer... the sales lady was so impressed that i was wearing it (she didn't ask, I didn't volunteer that it was a rep) that I got a beautiful Breitling catalogue... Which includes a nice picture of my next watch, a Super Avenger... :)

The only time anyone has ever commented on one of my watches was upon entering work. The security guard X-raying all my metallic objects (keys, change, watch) commented on my "nice watch". He could only see the inner workings on the screen though. Literally nobody else has ever commented.

I'm with the concensus. pams get the most looks. They mostly get idiotic comments like "are you going blind" to need a watch that big... Rolex bets no comments, not even a sidelong glance. Probably because I only wear my DRSD very rarely.

Eddy

Probably you should change your topic...

The good comments about Rolex are a myth... Eveybody thinks you have a fake so nobody comments on it.

The only comments/question is if it is a fake.

The good comments about Rolex are a myth... Eveybody thinks you have a fake so nobody comments on it.

Mullers, hands down...like 3-1 over any other watch I own. Second is my brown Monaco. PAMS get a few comments, most negative about size or the crown guard. I am a certified PAM addict, but we have to face the facts: most people find our beauties...well...ugly.

The good comments about Rolex are a myth... Everybody thinks you have a fake so nobody comments on it.

True.. Everyone think fake watch only exist for Rolex :bleh: So Rolex = Fake for most of the people you will see.

Beside you cross a real fan, you will never been called with an Omega, Panerai or other good replica.

For me It's my Vacheron Constentin. This is about the only one that get comment from people (and even if it's a cheap Asian, they don't ask me if it's real or not... guess no-one know what Vacheron watch are worth anyway :rolleyes: )

Even though I really enjoy the Reps - I rarely wear them to work. I usually wear my gen Omega - which no one comments on. There are lots of high end brands in my office -so i guess people are accustomed to it. In fact - the only watch i ever bothered to comment to someone on was a Sunnto diving watch - which looked pretty cool. That is probably because i am a diver though.

Panerais are the most common source of attention from strangers on the streets, along with my AP Juan Pablo Montoya Offshore, as these watches are quite distinctive and large, therefore noticeable. The Breguet La Tradition is also a nice conversation piece, as it's openworked, and everyone's amazed at how it works.

My Rolex never gets any comments, however, my Panerai gets comments all the time.

I work in an environment where quite a few guys have nice watches, so they always notice if you have a nice or unusual watch. Rolex is so common they dont even bother. However, if you have a Patek, PAM, AP etc then it gets noticed.

_Faide

I once got a Rolex comment when I was wearing my extremely accurate rep of Pepsi GMT Master. "Nice Seiko!" :lol:

Once in a nightclub a beautiful young lady commented my Bond Seamaster. She said "Now, that's a watch I like!" Turned out she was wearing a ladies' model of the SMP. Too bad I already had female company. What a shame, it was once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to first talk about watches and then get laid. :lol:

Edited by By-Tor

My Pam 063 on SS bracelet has got the most comments. It's big and sort of blingy...so people take notice.

60044-34836.jpg

I have a couple rollies and I have gotten tired of wearing them because people always think it may be fake.

My IWC GST has gotten a couple comments.

I've had a couple of comments on the SS Sub. One was "that's my favourite Rolex" and the other was "is that the 'submareeener' or the other one?" (you mean the seadweller?...yeah, thats it...). There really isn't any reason to suspect it's not real. Real Acura, real Allen Edmonds shoes, decent suits, ties, etc. It's all part of the package.

Even though I'm not really high-end, the overall presentation is one that doesn't look out of place with a 5k watch. Now, if I had a rep of a 50,000 Vacheron or Patek, then it would seem a little suspect.

My Pam 063 on SS bracelet has got the most comments. It's big and sort of blingy...so people take notice.

60066-34826.jpg

I have a couple rollies and I have gotten tired of wearing them because people always think it may be fake.

My IWC GST has gotten a couple comments.

Wore mine tonight, same combo. Not a peep. Must be sleeping not to nnotice that bad-boy.