When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Sadly this is becoming all too common

KB

Only from an American :huh:

I'm British.

Kid gets ahold of gun, kills 7 people, but don't even think to question the availability of guns as the problem!

Just once I'd like someone to mention that young boys need to be targetted for mental instability issues by their parents and schools, and for overuse of violent video games, because they are the ones who commit these crimes.

Young girls have access to guns too. Do we do this? No. It's not guns. It's mentality followed closely by behaviour.

Whatever the problem may be, it is all still too much to deal with. How can someone just blast away and kill others at such a young age. This world we are living in is so f'd up! Makes me sick to see these stories. And who really knows why or where kids get these ideas, wherever they do it aint good!

Whatever the problem may be, it is all still too much to deal with. How can someone just blast away and kill others at such a young age. This world we are living in is so f'd up! Makes me sick to see these stories. And who really knows why or where kids get these ideas, wherever they do it aint good!

Tell you what. Let's all take the VIP RWG Time Travel machine to, oh, I don't know, England circa 600 AD.

Be prepared to:

- Have your first born child sacrificed to get a better harvest

- Die at the ripe old age of 21 (if you are one of the lucky ones to have survived childhood diseases. You had a 1 in 15 chance)

- Be at the beck and call of the local lords and ladies, including giving any of your children into their service, at their discretion

- If you're a woman, having a fantastic great chance of dying in childbirth, something you will undergo on average 6 times in your life

- If you're a man, have a fantastic chance of dying in endless wars

- Have no right to any of the freedoms we have guaranteed us

- And generally stink, smell, reek since people only took a full bath once or twice in their lifetimes (usually for their wedding)

Did I mention the endless horse plop you have to dodge? No? Ah, well.

Yeah, I love the past. Take me back to 600 AD!! I especially want to go back as a peasant. That rocked! :lol:

Listen not for nothing but you are comparing 600 AD to now??????

All I'm saying is the kids now a days aren't afraid to shoot. I am 28 and in school we threatened to shoot but we never have the balls to actually do it! Now kids do it and don't think twice about it.

Yes it is better than 600AD, by the way did you live through all that?>????? ;)

Listen not for nothing but you are comparing 600 AD to now??????

All I'm saying is the kids now a days aren't afraid to shoot. I am 28 and in school we threatened to shoot but we never have the balls to actually do it! Now kids do it and don't think twice about it.

Yes it is better than 600AD, by the way did you live through all that?>????? ;)

Heh, no. I'm just a Historian. :)

But listen to me. I pontificated just after asking others not to, because I rose to the bait offered. Boo, bad Vic. Ken is right. Back to the kids -- or at least sending RWG Finns our best wishes. This can't be easy for their nation.

If you're in the US, here is an email where you can send them your condolences (NYC consulate).

finconny@ix.netcom.com

Guns don't kill students. Mentally ill students WITH a gun kills students.

I agree.

My thoughts are with the families and friends, I grief with them. It's tragic and absurd...

the kid shot himself and survived??!!.............he should be locked away in a stray jacket and throw out the key........

He died in hospital last night.

We just had a situation not far from where I live. A group of kids, some down to the age of 12 (!), chased a 16 year old boy with knives and baseball bats, just because he had been kissing the "wrong" girl. He barely got away, but I dare not think about what would have happened if they had gotten hold of him. How can parents allow their 12 year olds to be out at night?

@Robertk.....!

Guns don't kill students. Mentally ill students WITH a gun kills students.

It's a mentally ill society that allows mentally ill students to posess a mechanical item that uses an explosive substance to propel a very small object at extremely high velocities at other students...with the dire consequences of damaging bone and muscle mass to the point where that other individual usually expires ...and what is that kills them...? ...lack of oxygen.......brought about by a mentally ill student ...living in a mentally ill society....!

@chinkiechunkie

he should be locked away in a stray jacket and throw out the key........

Please define 'stray' jacket.......I have stray socks.....but have never heard of a stray jacket.......especially one that needed a key....Juilo my houseboy demands photos please..... :lol:

I'm British.

Yer 'aving a laff aren't ya....?

Young girls have access to guns too. Do we do this?

Girls don't have to...they usually inspire young guys who they make mentally ill to do it.....girls who are hung up on looks style and personality..... :lol:

And who really knows why or where kids get these ideas,

Err, Hollywood....Japan......MTV....TV...the 'Hood'.....when irresponsible Hollywood shows people getting shot or hit over the head with a 4x4 and waking up 20 mins later and shaking their head...instead of the true consequences of such an action....kids don't learn.....they emulate....!

Heh, no. I'm just a Historian.

Amateur or published...?

Hmmmm...!

- Have your first born child sacrificed to get a better harvest

Borne out of ignorance....and adherence to 'faith'....we've moved on since then....!

- Die at the ripe old age of 21 (if you are one of the lucky ones to have survived childhood diseases. You had a 1 in 15 chance)

Borne out of ignorance.....lack of hygiene and medical knowledge........we've moved on since then....!

- Be at the beck and call of the local lords and ladies, including giving any of your children into their service, at their discretion

Once again stems from ignorance....lack of education...leading to blind acceptance of the status quo.......we've moved on since then......or have we....!

- If you're a woman, having a fantastic great chance of dying in childbirth, something you will undergo on average 6 times in your life

Ignorance and lack of hygiene and medical knowledge again coming into play.......we've moved on since then....!

- If you're a man, have a fantastic chance of dying in endless wars

Ignorance rears it's ugly head once again....and...sorry....women had as much chance ..........we've moved on since then....or have we....!

- Have no right to any of the freedoms we have guaranteed us

We gotta fight that ole ignorance...and BTW...there are NO guarantees regarding rights.....irrespective of which country you live in.....4x words...EMINENT DOMAIN........PATRIOT ACT.....we've moved on since then.......or have we..!

- And generally stink, smell, reek since people only took a full bath once or twice in their lifetimes (usually for their wedding)

That's life in Florida fer ya..... :lol:

So what is your totally irrelevant point.....!

And please .....refrain from pretending that you can't see my post...... :D.............we've moved on since then....!

Edited by TTK

We just had a situation not far from where I live. A group of kids, some down to the age of 12 (!), chased a 16 year old boy with knives and baseball bats, just because he had been kissing the "wrong" girl. He barely got away, but I dare not think about what would have happened if they had gotten hold of him. How can parents allow their 12 year olds to be out at night?

Imagine what would have happened if any of those punks had access to guns. I get sick of people arguing that guns, pit bulls, or whatever dangerous thing is not a problem. Sure, a weapon in responsible hands is not a problem, but it is impossible to ensure that only the responsible people have access to them. It is so easy for a kid to grab dads gun in a moment of anger. Its a shame, but as long as there are guns on the streets, this kind of thing will happen.

I live in Canada where it is very difficult to buy handguns, Yet handgun crime is rampant, thanks to our NRA controlled neighbors to south. Sorry for the rant, but I calls em as I see them.

Imagine what would have happened if any of those punks had access to guns. I get sick of people arguing that guns, pit bulls, or whatever dangerous thing is not a problem. Sure, a weapon in responsible hands is not a problem, but it is impossible to ensure that only the responsible people have access to them. It is so easy for a kid to grab dads gun in a moment of anger. Its a shame, but as long as there are guns on the streets, this kind of thing will happen.

I live in Canada where it is very difficult to buy handguns, Yet handgun crime is rampant, thanks to our NRA controlled neighbors to south. Sorry for the rant, but I calls em as I see them.

You're calling a symptom, not the illness. Seriously.

BE PREPARED!

Being a Guide was one of the most fulfilling experiences I had growing up. I'm just so sorry my parents couldn't be involved, because of Transatlantic unhelpfulness -- but I had a great vicar and the local gentry who gave both the Scouts and Guides much support.

I was a CYO (Catholic Youth Organisation) counsellour, but gave it up after I entered Med School. I'm an only child, and have no "way" with kids, so I preferred to mentor 10-12 year-olds. I found they were most receptive, and still deferential enough to listen and not just talk back like adolescents tend to do.

As for the incident, how can we extrapolate about one song? Isn't that what people have said since the 1920s? That music "degenerates" the young?

Nah, it's not one song. Or even a musical genre.

Tangentially, how many rap songs are there, which glorify violence and criminality, and yet black kids don't do this type of thing, either. They are surely no strangers to guns, at that.

And I'm sure there are a lot of kids who listen to the song the Columbine kids and this kid now did (or watch Basketball Diaries, another influence people said), who don't go on a killing rampage.

Nah. It's about individuals and how they relate to their surroundings.

The vast majority deal with it, in silence, and in pain. And the very very few don't.

As for the incident, how can we extrapolate about one song? Isn't that what people have said since the 1920s? That music "degenerates" the young?

Nah, it's not one song. Or even a musical genre.

Tangentially, how many rap songs are there, which glorify violence and criminality, and yet black kids don't do this type of thing, either. They are surely no strangers to guns, at that.

And I'm sure there are a lot of kids who listen to the song the Columbine kids and this kid now did (or watch Basketball Diaries, another influence people said), who don't go on a killing rampage.

Nah. It's about individuals and how they relate to their surroundings.

The vast majority deal with it, in silence, and in pain. And the very very few don't.

Black kids do this kind of thing. It's called gang violence, and it happens all the time. Sad but true. The only thing that is more sad is that because of the fear of more gang violence, other kids and family members do nothing to help identify the killers, perpetuating the cycle. It's a shame, but quite the reality.

Black kids do this kind of thing. It's called gang violence, and it happens all the time. Sad but true. The only thing that is more sad is that because of the fear of more gang violence, other kids and family members do nothing to help identify the killers, perpetuating the cycle. It's a shame, but quite the reality.

But specifically, black kids don't usually enter a school with a personal arsenal of arms, and kill their classmates and teachers.

It's possible that they don't do that, because in places where they study, there are metal detectors and police standing guard outside. But something tells me that's not quite it.

White teenaged boys have issues, more than other sexes and races. We need to address them, as a society, because those who don't act out when kids, go on to become lone serial killers later on.