When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Got 3 (three!) "who Has The Best Sub?" Pm's Today!

By-Tor

....... but I am not your bitch ... unless, of course, you're paying me.

Price? :lol:

Here's my story.

A user pm'd me one time asking if I thought it was a good idea for him to import a bunch of reps into the USA so that he could sale them.. :blink:

Uh...........No..........

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Price? :lol:

Here's my story.

A user pm'd me one time asking if I thought it was a good idea for him to import a bunch of reps into the USA so that he could sale them.. :blink:

Uh...........No..........

He was just setting up his someguy on the internet told me it was ok defense. Unfortunatly with the passing of Johnny C, there aren't many attorneys that would be successful with such a complicated defense.

I am perfectly willing to answer any questions in a public forum for the benefit of everyone, but I am not your [censored] ... unless, of course, you're paying me.

Almost everybody has a price :blink:

Not true. Everyone has a price, it's just you can't afford some of them.

How true! Reminds me of one of my favorite stories. Nerdy guy goes up to a hot girl in a bar and ask if she would sleep with him for a million dollars. She looks the guy over, and says, yea, for a million dollars I would sleep with you. THe guy then ask if she would sleep with him for one dollar. She says Hell N0! What do you think I am. The guy responds, we've already established that, we're just negotiating price now! Love that story, show that everyone has a price! Thank God for money, or Bill Gates would still be a Virgin!

P.S. I'm a really hot chick! Who has the best Subs!

Edited by ekhunter

Hey what the hell is the matter with you people? I guess my vocation as a teacher and researcher has taught me to treat the inquisitive and yes, even the naive as a responsibility and a privilege. Do the work, yes but a public flogging and self-reassuring "Were so smart, they're so dumb...doesn't it [censored] you off too my fellow experts" rant does nothing but put people off. Don't tell me you just want people to do their homework, I have seen requests for posted permanant accessable lists of the best, the most desirable, the most reliable, ridiculed for the same reason. What do you experts think you have here...the keys to the kingdom? This whole replica nonsense is for entertainment purposes only. If you think your level of expertise is so un-approachable here then go tell it on a mountain somewhere and just ignore the pleadings of those of us who are so woefully uninformed. The most knowledgeable member here just so happens to be one of the most open to questions (Ziggy) so go take some lessons in civility from him.

Typical day. Logged into RWG after 12 hours and during this time I have got 3 private messages. Nice, let's hope some of them are from the friends. But no, they're all from different noobs. It was also very "surprising" to see that this time they all want to know the same thing: Who has the absolutely bestest Rolex Submariner replica available?

During the last month alone I've gotten about 15-20 of these. I also get continuously asked the EXACT SAME THINGS about watches that I have excessively reviewed. Like "Who has the best SMP?" "Do you think I should buy from Paul or Paula?" "Is Joshuas Broad Arrow the same as Pauls?"... etc. Lots of members here have spent hours and hours to make all kinds of guides for noobs so they don't have to [censored] of the regulars and always ask these same questions. It has finally dawned on me that they don't even read them. They just quickly look at the pictures and decide to send idiotic PMs... and ask the same questions which have been explained in greatest detail by different members many, many times.

I would be glad to help all new people as much as I can... but can't they even ONCE ask about something else? It would be really refreshing. Like "who has the best Breguet Transatlantic or Hublot Big Bang...?" or "Should I end the suspense and finally take the sex change operation?" But noooooo... they all want to impress and fool their buddies with the most replicated watch in the world... Mother of all Fakes: R0L3X 5UBM4RiN3R. How original and clever! Now where is it already, my budget is just $150?

The board is FULL of different Sub threads, pinned and not pinned... dozens of "who has the best Sub" threads... but apparently when you have an IQ of a frozen vegetable it's simply impossible to click on these threads, spend about 60 minutes to compare the different models and make your OWN educated decision. That's what this board is here for. From now on I'll tell these people to stick their Sub where the sun doesn't shine. :lol: :I mean... enough is enough. Flooding PM boxes with [censored] isn't nice. :thumbdown:

Okay, sorry about the rant. Rough day at work. ;)

PS: This doesn't mean I don't want to help people privately, au contrary. But is it too much to ask to make even simple, BASIC homework before sending out those PM's?

I guess my vocation as a teacher and researcher has taught me to treat the inquisitive and yes, even the naive as a responsibility and a privilege.

I guess you prefer teaching a class instead of just one pupil. A PM is like a pupil turning up at your house while you're relaxing in front of the TV asking you to do his homework. Now, during school time, you love teaching a classful of eager pupils, but this doesn't mean you do out-of-hours one-on-one private tutorials without being paid.

Hey what the hell is the matter with you people? I guess my vocation as a teacher and researcher has taught me to treat the inquisitive and yes, even the naive as a responsibility and a privilege. Do the work, yes but a public flogging and self-reassuring "Were so smart, they're so dumb...doesn't it piss you off too my fellow experts" rant does nothing but put people off. Don't tell me you just want people to do their homework, I have seen requests for posted permanant accessable lists of the best, the most desirable, the most reliable, ridiculed for the same reason. What do you experts think you have here...the keys to the kingdom? This whole replica nonsense is for entertainment purposes only. If you think your level of expertise is so un-approachable here then go tell it on a mountain somewhere and just ignore the pleadings of those of us who are so woefully uninformed. The most knowledgeable member here just so happens to be one of the most open to questions (Ziggy) so go take some lessons in civility from him.

Asking about the best Sub is like going to a public library and asking "where I can find a book?"... or walk into the middle of a sex shop, look dumbfounded... and ask "How do I make love?"

Everything, absolutely everything about Rolex Submariner replicas is available here. Does it really make any sense to answer the same fuc*ing question twice a day? Especially when there's no simple answer. It gets tiresome after a year you know... why can't you just go to the Rolex section and read the threads that are publicly available? The learning curve is part of this hobby, and it's fun. This is forum is not a watch shop.

Oh come on! It's a personal message not a personal visit. Instead of treating it like spam you guys seem to take it personally. As far as one on one mentoring, I've found the experience of working with medical residents in fellowship programs and graduate students in Masters and PhD programs both frustrating and rewarding, but never have I told anyone no matter how ignorant the question to go home and not bother me. Am I indiferent to those who are annoyed by repeated requests for the same information? No I am not but this is not rocket science here folks and in direct response to your example, these are not neophytes showing up at your door. I just dont like the holier than thou attitude of you've got to pay your "newbie" dues first before you dare ask me a question.

I guess you prefer teaching a class instead of just one pupil. A PM is like a pupil turning up at your house while you're relaxing in front of the TV asking you to do his homework. Now, during school time, you love teaching a classful of eager pupils, but this doesn't mean you do out-of-hours one-on-one private tutorials without being paid.

Hubris...absolute hubris. It's more like going to a public library and saying "How do I find the best book on the second world war or the best piece of fiction written about the old south. Any librarian worth a dime would be egger and happy to point someone new to literature and enthusiastic to the classic texts on these subjects. I can't imagine him or her saying, "Haven't you ever heard of Gone With the Wind stupid?" If you are so put off by questions that you deem beneth you, why even bother to respond and why the outrage? I just dont get it.

Asking about the best Sub is like going to a public library and asking "where I can find a book?"... or walk into the middle of a sex shop, look dumbfounded... and ask "How do I make love?"

I just dont like the holier than thou attitude of you've got to pay your "newbie" dues first before you dare ask me a question.

You missed the point. Let me restate it for the record.

You can ask anything you like in a public forum. Anything. Who has the best sub, is Paul a conman, is my GST made of real Titanium, do I really think new PAMs are vile while saying everyone needs a 111h, what dealers do I like ... anything, and you will get a decent answer.

Asking by PM means you don't want anyone else to hear the answer. It's selfish and contrived. Also, ask in a public forum and other people, most of whom are more expert than I am will chime in, correcting me as I do my peer-review thing.

PM means Personal Message. Your needing the best Sub isn't personal to me.

Whenever someone brags about ANYTHING on the message boards I'll take it with grain of salt. Except Jetmid... I believe his Boeing and Patek were genuine.

[DIFFERENT POST]

... or walk into the middle of a sex shop, look dumbfounded... and ask "How do I make love?"

You're right to be cynical - this isn't even my real pen :D

60393-34766.jpg

As for the sex shop - we were all newbies once, wandering around the Amsterdam sex shop, inflatable sheep in hand.... :lol:

LOL :D Here's my new toy, a 1/24 diecast rep of a China Motor Bus (Hong Kong) Daimler DMS: :wub::yeah:

60393-34767.jpg

I just saw this in Woolies - is the Alfredo pasta any good?!

I've found the experience of working with medical residents in fellowship programs and graduate students in Masters and PhD programs both frustrating and rewarding, but never have I told anyone no matter how ignorant the question to go home and not bother me.

The difference is: you get paid to answer those questions. We aren't working here. I and other members have written all kinds of guides that answer absolutely EVERY SINGLE QUESTION about the most popular reps... for zero financial benefit. They're directed at people who want to get into this rep hobby. It's both fun and rewarding... and so is helping new members FOR FREE... who have first done their basic homework.

There are also dozends of threads that discuss about the "best Sub" subject. Had it been another day I would have politely replied you and the other guys. But yesterday I was in a shitty mood and ignored the PMs. I didn't mention any names, either. Nothing personal against you and others but like I said: sometimes it gets tiresome. I get a feeling that people who pop up just want to get their quick fix and leave... i.e buy a fake Rolex Sub to impress their buddies at work and aren't really interested in watches in general.

There are literally THOUSANDS of hours put into the research and reviews/pictorials of reps by the members. Submariner is the most popular replica watch so finding information of it shouldn't be too demanding. Why do people need to be annoying and break the first and foremost rule of every message board: Hang around a while, learn the basics before you make your first post? ;)

Said my peace. We all have shitty days. I have to tell you, there are still some questions I have that I'm gun shy now to ask even though I think I've paid my dues with some 70 odd posts and more than a few searches on the subjects. Who the hell is Maria??? Is luckyyy the Oracle? Yadda...yadda...yadda

The difference is: you get paid to answer those questions. We aren't working here. I and other members have written all kinds of guides that answer absolutely EVERY SINGLE QUESTION about the most popular reps... for zero financial benefit. They're directed at people who want to get into this rep hobby. It's both fun and rewarding... and so is helping new members FOR FREE... who have first done their basic homework.

There are also dozends of threads that discuss about the "best Sub" subject. Had it been another day I would have politely replied you and the other guys. But yesterday I was in a shitty mood and ignored the PMs. I didn't mention any names, either. Nothing personal against you and others but like I said: sometimes it gets tiresome. I get a feeling that people who pop up just want to get their quick fix and leave... i.e buy a fake Rolex Sub to impress their buddies at work and aren't really interested in watches in general.

There are literally THOUSANDS of hours put into the research and reviews/pictorials of reps by the members. Submariner is the most popular replica watch so finding information of it shouldn't be too demanding. Why do people need to be annoying and break the first and foremost rule of every message board: Hang around a while, learn the basics before you make your first post? ;)

Edited by crystalcranium

Had it been another day I would have politely replied you and the other guys. But yesterday I was in a shitty mood and ignored the PMs. I didn't mention any names, either. Nothing personal against you and others but like I said: sometimes it gets tiresome.

At no point did I even think crystalcranium was one of the PMers. Nice one, By-Tor, good descretion. :)

Said my peace. We all have shitty days. I have to tell you, there are still some questions I have that I'm gun shy now to ask even though I think I've paid my dues with some 70 odd posts and more than a few searches on the subjects. Who the hell is Maria??? Is luckyyy the Oracle? Yadda...yadda...yadda

Luckyy and Maria supply certain type of watches that people call "MBW watches". You don't really have to ask as this thread is pinned in the Rolex photo gallery section. ;)

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=927

At no point did I even think crystalcranium was one of the PMers. Nice one, By-Tor, good descretion. :)

Just for the record: It wasn't Crystalcranium who pissed me off. His PM was polite and we already shaked hands privately. I got two other PMs that had almost arrogant tone in them... like my responsibility was to find watches for them.

Edited by By-Tor

I just saw this in Woolies - is the Alfredo pasta any good?!

Not very good actually, there's a lot less pasta than the old red ones.

There are literally THOUSANDS of hours put into the research and reviews/pictorials of reps by the members. Submariner is the most popular replica watch so finding information of it shouldn't be too demanding. Why do people need to be annoying and break the first and foremost rule of every message board: Hang around a while, learn the basics before you make your first post? wink.gif

The problem is that there are no definitive guide of Submariner reps here in RWG, while we all say 'MBW/DW are the best' only Luckyy has them and he's not a regular dealer here. There isn't anyone comparing the dozens of Submariner variations from Paul/Josh/PT and others. Paul alone sells 3 different types of the plain black Sub.

The problem is that there are no definitive guide of Submariner reps here in RWG, while we all say 'MBW/DW are the best' only Luckyy has them and he's not a regular dealer here. There isn't anyone comparing the dozens of Submariner variations from Paul/Josh/PT and others. Paul alone sells 3 different types of the plain black Sub.

Also, most Sub guides deal with vintage subs, whereas moderns are by far the best sellers.

Not very good actually, there's a lot less pasta than the old red ones.

True. That's why there's no definite answer, either. I guess there would be a demand for a guide like that. I'm not really crazy about the idea of building one as modern Rolex Sub doesn't interest me. And the models are constantly improving and it would be a tough job to keep such guide updated.

I could do it for the community but right now I don't have the time. But if someone wants to do such guide I could help with editing the pictures and make comparison shots out of dealers' pictures.

Year ago the best version was the old CN Sub that Joe and Palp used as the base watch for mods. I used to own one. Nowadays those are just laughable and unacceptable as $89 Subs out of box are way more accurate... but even the best ones still won't fool any Rolex experts. It's a simple watch which still seems to be extremely hard to make right.