When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Members - Please Read...

TwoTone

Time for a reminder on the Basics...

Thanks,

The Admin Team

Forum Rules on Posting & Behavior

Posting:

[1] - Use a title that describes the content of your post. Don't use all caps or special characters to draw attention.

[2] - Never post the same post in other sections. Double posts/cross posts will be deleted.

[3] - When posting images, resize them to a maximum of 800x600 pixels. Any larger images will most likely be deleted. You can upload your files directly, but we prefer that you host the images on your own server or use an external image host like Imageshack or others. A manual on how to post images using an external host can be found here.

[4] - How NOT to post on this forum: 5 minutes after your initial post you reply to your own post writing something like "Why is nobody helping me? I'm sure you know the answer". Once somebody replies to your thread but doesn't give you exactly the answer you've been expecting you insult them.

[5] - Do not ask "what's best" because this question cannot be answered objectively. Each and everyone has their own view about what's best in a certain area. The best is what works best for you!

[6] - Don't post just to increase your number of posts. If you have nothing to say on a certain matter then don't post. The number of posts on this board has no direct relation to the experience of a member.

Experience has taught us that it is not possible to create simple rules that cover every possible situation. Nor is it possible to anticipate the lengths to which an ill-intentioned person may go to create a way to make themselves a real pain, yet still somehow stay within the published rules.

We therefore reserve the right to refuse membership to anyone at anytime, if we deem it necessary to do so. We will always try to give individuals the benefit of the doubt and communicate via PMs or email before taking any action, but there are only so many hours in the day, and we all have day jobs. The way we see this is fairly simple

I think #'s 7 & 9 have been discussed recently in the admin section, especially #9. :g:

Hmm, multiple accounts? Oh God. This is of particular concern if someone is selling items in the Trade area. When I first joined, there was talk I believe from Admin of an IP sweep.

Any ideas if that has happened, will happen?

This is why I left other forums. There were too many sockpuppets talking to each other...

Hmm, multiple accounts? Oh God. This is of particular concern if someone is selling items in the Trade area. When I first joined, there was talk I believe from Admin of an IP sweep.

Any ideas if that has happened, will happen?

This is why I left other forums. There were too many sockpuppets talking to each other...

V, you have nothing to worry about. We do constant IP checking + we have several other VERY efficient systems that help us discover duplicate accounts.