When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Which watch do you wear gets noticed the most?

Guest watchbuff

Your going to laugh or cry, but the one that gets noticed (as a GEN) is:

submarinerit4.jpg

I'll cry on that one.....since I have a genuine TT blue sub...and yours is making me sob.....

Actually, my fako MBK ROO gets more looks...but I am agreement with JON...its the man that should get noticed...not his frickin' watch.

I prefer to wear my Seiko Marinemaster these days as anyone with any knowledge of the brand knows its the shiznitty next to the new Grand Seiko Spring Drive GMT....and I don't need watches to get laid...can't remember which member made that comment....

B)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TigerDaytona, if you will permit a helping hand.

I just added the right code and closed it, which can also be done very quickly up top, next to the plus sign -- the image sign. That way more people can enjoy your photos, in this instant gratification generation. :p

gm6i3452large385606cc5.th.jpg

gm6i3425large36b5b9wo9.th.jpg

meisterstand29c7d9wp8.th.jpg

:1a:

HBB RG PCeramic and PAM217 for me. Occasionaly the Ω PO does too. That thing is bigger than the diameter implies.

Last comment I got was last Monday, after a whole flight next to a very nice Spanish lady (who worked on some powerpoint on her sub laptop, while I was listening to music&browsing the "How to spend it"FT) I offered to help her with her hand luggage. She thanked me and smiling asked me:"That is a very nice watch. What is it?" It was the HBB. I thanked her and introduced her to my precious. Actually that was the second comment of the day but the previous one was from an ugly guy so I guess this story doesn't fit in the theme of the thread :p:)

BTW: I always travel with a less flashy watch in my suitcase, in case I have a meeting that I have to stay under the radar... Young CFO and HBB RG don't mix well for some people :)

HBB RG PCeramic and PAM217 for me. Occasionaly the Ω PO does too. That thing is bigger than the diameter implies.

I gave you an "artistic" just because of the Ω. :p

Last comment I got was last Monday, after a whole flight next to a very nice Spanish lady (who worked on some powerpoint on her sub laptop, while I was listening to music&browsing the "How to spend it"FT) I offered to help her with her hand luggage. She thanked me and smiling asked me:"That is a very nice watch. What is it?" It was the HBB. I thanked her and introduced her to my precious. Actually that was the second comment of the day but the previous one was from an ugly guy so I guess this story doesn't fit in the theme of the thread :p:)

Think I've mentioned this before, but Joshua told my mother that Hublots are HUGE in Spain.

Does this mean your average Spaniard in the street will know a HBB from Adam? No. It just means that amongst the knowledgeable, they're majorly covetted. Joshua apparently sells a tonne of the pricier HBB to Spanish customers. If they complain about the $900 pricetags, they're not saying. :D

BTW: I always travel with a less flashy watch in my suitcase, in case I have a meeting that I have to stay under the radar... Young CFO and HBB RG don't mix well for some people :)

Clever. Not that I was ever a CFO, but when I was gainfully employed in international banking, I rotated exactly 3 watches, none of which were Rolexes. Nothing raises your boss' hackles more, in a competitive environment, than to have a kid who wears pricier clothes, jewelry or watches than s/he.

For me my 6152 for sure! and the comment is usually "look at the size of that thing"

I hope you are not in a public loo (tackle out) & in close proximity of a certain US Senator when you receive comments like these......... :whistling:

larrycraigstall.jpg

p.s. And if you drop your watch in there, by god leave it.

• 1 month later...

I would have to say that currently my Pam 111h on SS gets noticed the most. When I used to wear my Cartier Roadster GMT it was hardly noticed and I think that was due to people in general not recognising the brand. On the other hand I would say my Pam gets noticed not because it is a Panerai, but because of its eye-catching size :)