When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Can't Reach Rwi

sssurfer

I wanted to check Enzo's post on strap distressing at RWI, but it is at least two days that I seem unable to reach RWI.

I read that with some members it is because of their ISPs, but I think this is not my case as I was able to get in until some weeks ago.

Any suggestions? Any problems to you in opening RWI?

@Ken: thanks, I had the link, but it did not work.

@All: thank you, I see it must be my ISP. I'll try to figure out something, but I don't even know how to use a proxy... :(

same for me : impossible to reach... do you think my ISP is blocking it ?

You're on Free.fr at a guess. No-one on Free.fr can get to it. I use a proxy (and please don't PM me for the details, it's my office VPN)

RWI runs on a host that for no real apparent reason has routing issues with some ISPs. I've been through it with their technical support and they find nothing wrong. They can access it from anywhere, and therefore assume I'm being silly.

What you need to do is contact their hosting provider and complain. I'll go through my mails and post contact details soon.

The contact for their host is support@1and1.com so send them an email complaining you can't connect to 217.160.246.193

They may require a traceroute. Here's how to do it in Windows: Run CMD (Windows-R, type "CMD", hit enter) and type TRACERT 217.160.246.193

This will give you the info they need. On OSX, in Terminal (/Applications/Utilities/Terminal) type traceroute 217.160.246.193

On Linux/BSD/Solaris, if you don't know how to do a traceroute, get a Mac. It's obviously too hard for you. :D

Thanks, Pugwash, I'll do as you suggest.

@sevomd: I am using Firefox and IE, and they are both unable to connect to RWI on my PC.

And, as I already said, this is a recent problem. I had no problem until some time ago.

I contacted the host. Their reply:

"I am sorry but in order for us to further check this IP, we need to have

the Customer ID for validation purposes. Please contact the owner of the

forum so that we can make necessary actions. I apologize but I hope you

understand, it is company policy."

Does anyone know how can I contact RWI's admin?

Thanks,

sss

• 3 weeks later...
@sevomd: I am using Firefox and IE, and they are both unable to connect to RWI on my PC.

And, as I already said, this is a recent problem. I had no problem until some time ago.

Same problem here!!!

No problem acessing RWI at the office but here at my house unfortunatelly Is not possible.

And I really miss Enzo's instructive posts.

M.

Same problem here!!!

No problem acessing RWI at the office but here at my house unfortunatelly Is not possible.

And I really miss Enzo's instructive posts.

M.

Wow! I do not have any problems accessing RWI from work or home, but I have a problem accessing TRC from home, but not from work. If I try TRC frm homw, it take me to the old site that nobody use anymore and the latest post was like a month ago. I do not know what is causing this. Any hint??

Edited by HighDef

Never been able to get onto RWI when I wanted to register. I guess I'll just stick with this and the occasional browse on TRC and RWG1.

• 3 weeks later...

I can log in there only in spurts. Example, I was logged in an hour ago, now I can't log in at all. I can get to the site, but I just get the log in site over and over. Its been this way for a few days.

This is RWG we have no control over the availability to access RWI, we do however have a direct link to their site in our links page, this thread is closed.

Ken