When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Some shots of the SSD construction and modded with Gen Parts

Tribal

Hello Gang

Here are some shots of the case from the new SD

imgp3987ts1.jpg

Working HE Valve from the Inside..

imgp3988bo2.jpg

imgp3998af0.jpg

Rehaut and Glas sealing

imgp3990to5.jpg

Safir Glass 3,6mm thick

imgp3994kf8.jpg

Bezel with Gen Insert

imgp3995vk6.jpg

imgp3996cw5.jpg

Modded CG's and drilled and countersink casehole

imgp3999hl8.jpg

imgp4000ez5.jpg

Installed Gen Tube

imgp4003ay8.jpg

imgp4004wm3.jpg

imgp4005kt1.jpg

This is how it looks

imgp4008pf8.jpg

imgp4007rn9.jpg

End Result

imgp4010kg7.jpg

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome job tribal, I am looking to do the same mods to my SSD...So you needed to drill a tap in order to fit the gen tube? It didn't thread into the case? Also, is that a gen crown you have fitted? Good stuff man, wear it in good health!

Thanks... :D

Lasercrown is not much visible but it is visible when you look at it

You need to drill and retapp the casehole...

All is threaded..

After thats countersink the hole to fit the gen Tube...

Also Gen Crown is installed

Edited by Tribal

Stunning! Good work, man!

I wish I could have your skills :lol:

So, you didn't change the steam...

When I unscrew the crown I feel like I'm winding (unwinding?) the watch.

It was the same with yours before modding it?

If yes, now it's all right?

Do you think it could take gen crystal?

Thanks!

Edited by mrandazzo

Tribal - great looking mods. Thanks for the confirmation on the viability of the tube and crown. Does the sapphire look like it could be replaced? Or- did the etching on it look like something that could be fixed?

I don't know if it can replaced but i don't think so...

There is no fix for the Lasercrown...

Quite nice.

I wonder if it's possible to very lightly sand just the indented part of the crystal--the only part that touches the gasket, in order to give the rehaut the a more gen-esque appearance. The main difference is the fact that the division line seen more noticeably on the gen is due to the refraction coming through the crystal:

Gen

58d8_12.jpg

Rep

IMG_0054.jpg

The rep's rehaut/crystal division is obviously visible, but it needs a little something to make it just a bit more obvious.

Quite nice.

I wonder if it's possible to very lightly sand just the indented part of the crystal--the only part that touches the gasket, in order to give the rehaut the a more gen-esque appearance. The main difference is the fact that the division line seen more noticeably on the gen is due to the refraction coming through the crystal:

I think you can't sand a Safir glass.

The crystal has a gap on the bottom like the Noob Crysrtal that's the reason why you can't see the rehaut brightness like on a Gen or MBW...

Maybe a Glass with no gap and right bottom dimension will do this, but them you must shape the inner rehaut with a lathe to the dimensions of the glass.

That would make the rehaut gap more visible,but then we need a new crystal gasket too.....

Damm hard job I think...

A full piece construction of the Crystal like on MBW where the best solution from factory.....

ive been working on my bracelet for hours and hours now. i had a few semi major issues with mybracelet, some blemishes, some stuck screws, along with some other issues,BUT the hard work is paying off.

making the bracelet wearable is a multistep process which uses things including but not limited to automotive brake cleaner, super concentrated dish soap, plexiglass polishing liquid clay, mineral oil, carnuba auto wax (heated to a liquid state for coating of all inner surfaces) toothbrushes, emory boards, diamond files, pipe cleaners, vodka, pizza, lions and tigers and bears... OH MY!!

im tired, and there needs to be a final coat of wax before i wear it, but its shiney, smooth, no cheap jingle, clasp closes securely and effortlessly, and the divers extension stays closed.

i still want a better bracelet. the midlinks on the ssd bracelet are thinner than the ones on my noob from ttk. i think that over time there will be serious stretch over time with it.

anyway, sorry for getting of subject, tribal thanks for the post, your sdd looks amazing, im jealous of the gen insert, and your mod skills. someday ill grow a set big enough to mod my cgs etc.

rosnik, try to get a replacement bracelet from your dealer. There are some that are of better quality.

I received my SSD yesterday and the bracelet was fine. It did not have the stripped screws issue which I was fully expecting. The SELs fit perfectly against the case. I did have problems with the diver's extension not closing but bending the metal plate just slightly improved it. It's not perfect but much better than it was.

It also helps to clean the sh*t out of it plus it soaked in Silicone for 12 hours. Cleaned thoroughly again (soap and brush) and applied Carnuba wax with a soft brush on all sides. It now feels very good and has a silky feel to it. B)

BTW, the laser crown on the crystal is not much of an issue on the wrist, thankfully.

Guest carlsbadrolex

Ok, I have a question... I just received my SSD yesterday and immediately took it to my watchmaker for adjustment and sealing. Upon opening the watch, we both noticed the inside of the HEV. It was my understanding that these were working HEV's. Looking at the inside of this HEV and comparing it to a GEN, they are quite different. It is the opinion of my watchmaker that this is NOT a working HEV and nothing more than a different colorer piece of metal screwed in to the case.

The pictures you have taken here are incredible... The HEV you show is identical to mine. Do we really think this would work?

you didn't happen to measure the diameter of the rep crystal compared to the gen crystal?!?!

i know that the gen crystal is smaller than a sub crystal... wondering if the factories use sub crystals and had to notch them to fit the SD case...

cuz, as they said, this model was made from the specs of the genuine case!

even the dial on the SD is 1mm smaller than the sub...

just wondering...

PP