When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What Is The Best Watch

dvn

depends on what environment you expect to find yourself in on a daily basis... black-tie - then a franck muller...all round cool - a vintage Explorer, trendy casual, maybe a SMP, flashy, then a Panerai...

my pick would be for the vintage explorer, if you could live with some of the discrepencies with teh original.

In your expert opion, what is the best rep watch to use as daily beater?

don't think there is an answer for your question...

10 answer...10 different answers...everyone will tell you the watch that the like the most!

so, which one do you like the most? that is the answer!

I thought my gen SMP was a great watch that could really take abuse. For years I would run, swim, golf and lift weights with it, and the thing never lost more than 4 or 5 secs a day. One day I even hit the heavy bag with it on (I fogot I had it on). I took a full swing that make perfect contact with the bag and it didn't affect it at all. I would like to see what would happen if you tried that with an asian auto...Of couse after my infection with large watches it had to go.

I should pick up the larger 45 mm omega rep with a 2824 as a replacement beater..

It depends on your definition of a beater. In my book a beater is a watch that I'd wear while doing chores, biking, or hiking and if it gets scratched up I won't be as upset as I would be if the same happened to any of my first string watches.

In my case I use a first generation Planet Ocean as my primary beater, followed by my "panda" (white face, black subdials) Speedmaster. They get a lot of wear during the day on Saturdays and Sundays, but during the week and evenings I like to wear something nicer and appropriate for the occasion, or just to indulge myself.

Daily beater defined as a watch you would use cutting the grass or working on the car engine: a timex that has a battery in it the size of a nickel and has been running for 9 years.

Daily wearer for work, (white colar): Submariner rep and Omega SMP Chrono Diver genuine.

Beach and swimming: Seiko Orange monster and Seiko Diver Yellow dial Rubber strap. I try to not even sweat in my reps.

Funerals and Black tie: Raymond Weil Don Giovanni genuine.

rolex black sub, rolex drsd, rolex redsub, rolex gmtII, rolex lv sub, ok rolex , rolex , rolex, lol

omega po is great for a daily beater

the omega seamaster i wouldnt buy in a rep they r really affordable in genuine imho

In the spirit of Ubi's post, this is my daily "wearer." Not a beater, because when I go to work in the yard, I take it off and replace it with a timex or an asian auto sub.

63914-34153.jpg

I wear this watch more than any other, although the 063 has been getting some wrist time while I'm at work.

Climb on.

the omega seamaster i wouldnt buy in a rep they r really affordable in genuine imho

Affordable, yes, ... very un-assuming yet has a serious edge, a working watch,.. a proven,

famous diver.. no flash, no hype, just a great, sensible, beautiful, classy, watch that one can

wear anywhere from a construction yard to the opera...

that is why it's perfect for a Daily Beater.